Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Broomhead was terrific today

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

john b wrote:
Showed that he can become a elite player of the afl.

You're definition of elite must be different from mine.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am

dalyc wrote:
john b wrote:

i agree that "elite" may be a tad enthusiastic. we only have a handful of elite players. Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, Howe, Elliot and Reid are Elite.

De Goey, Moore, Scharenberg (on potential), Aish (on pedigree) and Grundy (and possibly Adams) have a good shot at becoming elite.

Guys like Greenwood, Goldsack, Maynard, Crisp, Faz, Varcoe, etc., are in my mind AFL caliber players (meaning they get picked most weeks that they are fit and healthy. Broomhead has a good shot at joining that group. Form slumps allowed without demotion.

This is a big step up from what i would call top-up players (players who get games but need to be playing well to hold their spot). Broomhead is currently in this group with the likes of Smith, Crocker, etc. but if this week is a sign of things to come, Broomhead is capable of making the leap.

Teams that win flags usually have at least 20-25 AFL quality players and 8-10 elite players.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 am

Actually thought he should have been dropped. Showed me! Go Broomy great game
DT 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:55 am

Excellent game today by Broomhead. His in close work reminded me of Dennis Banks. He belongs in the middle which is interesting as I thought he was more of an outside mid.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:23 am

No matter where the team finishes in 2017, it is essential guys with relative inexperience, like Broomhead, have the opportunity to play, week-in, week-out.

We can say that players are not up to the standard required, but it is hard to make value judgements if they are not given a solid block of games to prove their worth.

In this mix are players like: Ramsay, Broomhead, Aish, Scharenberg, Crocker, Smith, Brown, etcetera.

I was very, very pleased with Broomhead's game given his atrocious run with injury & illness over his time at the Pies.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 am

warburton lad wrote:
No matter where the team finishes in 2017, it is essential guys with relative inexperience, like Broomhead, have the opportunity to play, week-in, week-out.

We can say that players are not up to the standard required, but it is hard to make value judgements if they are not given a solid block of games to prove their worth.

In this mix are players like: Ramsay, Broomhead, Aish, Scharenberg, Crocker, Smith, Brown, etcetera.

I was very, very pleased with Broomhead's game given his atrocious run with injury & illness over his time at the Pies.

very true

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 am

warburton lad wrote:

This has been my major criticism of Buckley's coaching. People are making judgement calls on Cox after 2 AFL games this season. How about we give Cox 10 games in a row and then people can make their minds up. The best coaches make instinctive calls on players they feel will add to senior 22 when the supporters can't see what the coach is doing. In time the coaches are proved right and the supporters wrong. The situation is complex with Buckley because at times he gets it right. With Ramsay, Sinclair, Broomhead, Scharenberg, Crocker and Brown, he got it right. Aish and Dunn should have been played earlier and the lack of tall forwards has blindsided Buckley.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 am

He has the tendency to get the fumbles or fire a handball under pressure to some one else under pressure, but to me that's confidence.

From what I've seen the past 2 weeks, he's got what it takes to play 150 games for this club.

Lets continue to play him and play him in the middle. I liked it.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:22 am

the sweeper chipped in , lets hope he can become the crumber we need at darcy's feet.

www.facebook/the hybernators
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 am

3rd degree wrote:
the sweeper chipped in , lets hope he can become the crumber we need at darcy's feet.

As much as he may appear to be this type, I don't think playing a half forward/forward pocket role has helped him.

The last couple of weeks he has rotated through the midfield where he is relishing.

A small forward can get lost into the black hole of the pocket which has Broomhead's first couple years of his career written all over it.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 pm

ad4eva wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

As much as he may appear to be this type, I don't think playing a half forward/forward pocket role has helped him.

The last couple of weeks he has rotated through the midfield where he is relishing.

A small forward can get lost into the black hole of the pocket which has Broomhead's first couple years of his career written all over it.

Yeah fair call , we have just no one since Davis and Krak to fill this role. He seems the likely fit unless they role the dice on Kirby.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:50 pm

His first year was 2013 and he has played 30 games with 9 of them this year.
He was solid yesterday but I will reserve judgement until he plays another 20 relatively uninterrupted games.
The trend line is good.

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 pm

3rd degree wrote:
ad4eva wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Yeah fair call , we have just no one since Davis and Krak to fill this role. He seems the likely fit unless they role the dice on Kirby.

Agreed. We've gone for the proto-type modern footballers rather than the purely blessed ones of recent times. Kirby may be that answer - not just yet though.
john b 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:26 pm

E wrote:
dalyc wrote:
john b wrote:

i agree that "elite" may be a tad enthusiastic. we only have a handful of elite players. Pendles, Sidey, Treloar, Howe, Elliot and Reid are Elite.

De Goey, Moore, Scharenberg (on potential), Aish (on pedigree) and Grundy (and possibly Adams) have a good shot at becoming elite.

Guys like Greenwood, Goldsack, Maynard, Crisp, Faz, Varcoe, etc., are in my mind AFL caliber players (meaning they get picked most weeks that they are fit and healthy. Broomhead has a good shot at joining that group. Form slumps allowed without demotion.

This is a big step up from what i would call top-up players (players who get games but need to be playing well to hold their spot). Broomhead is currently in this group with the likes of Smith, Crocker, etc. but if this week is a sign of things to come, Broomhead is capable of making the leap.

Teams that win flags usually have at least 20-25 AFL quality players and 8-10 elite players.

Yeah elite was a bit over the top (had a few last night) but he did show a bit of class that should only get better with more game time.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Still think this team has lots of improvement left this season. Broomhead is one reason for this. He, along with Moore, Scharenberg, Aish, Brown, Langdon, Maynard, WHE, JDG and a few others should be playing better footy in 8 weeks time than they are now as confidence and experience grows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: