Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Join Swanny in New York!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:49 am
Post subject: Join Swanny in New York!Reply with quote

Who's cashed up & free in September? Want to join Swanny on a tour of the Big Apple? US Open tix, plus the Red Sox are in town to play the Yankees.
(I've just left New York & am now in Boston & I can't recommend both places highly enough. Saw both the Yanks & Mets play and I'll catch the Sox here in Boston tomorrow).
Swanny on tour!!

http://www.daneswanontour.com/new-york
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some insurance if u do. He just cancelled the remainder of his junior clinics in Queensland, had the little man booked in, no reason given and we are told is will take "months" to get a refund.

Not at all impressed.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 pm

I haven't been to New York. Not too sure about the east coast but love the west coast.

Now if Swanny was doing Vegas............

djh 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Have been to the West Coast a couple of times and not really impressed (except for San Francisco).
Went to the east coast early last year and loved it. Did Boston, New York and DC by Amtrak and it was amazing. Would go back in a heartbeat.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 pm

djh wrote:
Have been to the West Coast a couple of times and not really impressed (except for San Francisco).
Went to the east coast early last year and loved it. Did Boston, New York and DC by Amtrak and it was amazing. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Frisco is nice, love Vegas, Santa Monica and LA are cool, but if you're at all interested in History, El paso is my pick.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:05 am

djh wrote:

Pretty much doing the same!
Flew to Chicago (fantastic place), onwards to New York and then Amtrak to Philly and now up here in Boston. East coast is great! Got tix for the Red Sox tonight!
Plus if history's your thing try: Philly, Gettysburg, Washington, Baltimore & Boston.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Did the east coast on Amtrak in 2011. In Boston I was walking from the train station to the Sheraton and saw two blokes coming the other way in Collingwood polos. The obligatory "Go Pies" was met with laughter.

My mate and I went to a bar called McGreevy's that night and had a blast. Later that night when the Bruins had won their playoff match the owner of the bar came up to us. He'd heard we were Aussies and that I followed the AFL.

He was keen to play us something his band had done in a movie called The Departed and had been the music for the AFL ad, "Shipping Up To Boston".

I'd felt like an idiot because I didn't even know who the Dropkick Murphy's were (he is the bass player). The bar staff though thought we were Aussie fans and had rocked up to check out the place.

Old mate Ken was down to earth. He shouted us drinks and joined us in a drinking game called the Bear Claws.

Boston is a fun town.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: