Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo EDDIE! Umpires! Enough is enough!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with what others said. i prefer the game where only the blatant is paid. but what i absolutely want is for the game to be umpired consistently. You cant be strict on one team and loose on another. that is blatantly wrong.

The only way to show how bad the game was umpired is to show multiple examples where the game was called differently for the two teams. For the most part, every decision could be justified on its merits and every non-call could be justified on its merits (in isolation).

Its only when you show the calls they got which lead to goals (or saving a goal) and the calls we didn't get that cost us goals (or lead to goals up the other end).

It really was quite shocking. I've watched it again in the calm of day and it actually looks worse now than it did then!!!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:01 am

The thing I hate the most in world sport is the video review.
And I even hate it in the AFL score review.
Why?
Because sport is about the human condition not about a robotic decision.
Sport is a meaningless and ultimately futile pursuit.
In AFL terms kicking an inflated piece of leather between 2 sticks is truly ludicrous.
But we like it because it has an artistic flair about it and it fulfills a tribal instinct within us all by supporting one team.
Nothing gets the blood boiling than the yellow maggots.
I imagine plenty of Pie supporters still lay awake at night thinking about that decision with Wayne Harmes in 1979.
Umps will make good and bad decisions ...that is just human nature.
Just like plenty of players will make plenty of fundamental mistakes.
The crowd reaction to the maggots on Monday was wonderful.
It got the blood boiling and the supporters fuming. The melbourne supporters were over the moon with the umps.
Bad luck to the Pie supporters.
But the alternative is endless video reviews or robotic umpires.
What a fricken bore that will be.
And next time when the Umps favour us...... enjoy it
Because you follow sport to get emotional and not to see something clinical

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 am

E wrote:
i agree with what others said. i prefer the game where only the blatant is paid. but what i absolutely want is for the game to be umpired consistently. You cant be strict on one team and loose on another. that is blatantly wrong.

The only way to show how bad the game was umpired is to show multiple examples where the game was called differently for the two teams. For the most part, every decision could be justified on its merits and every non-call could be justified on its merits (in isolation).

Its only when you show the calls they got which lead to goals (or saving a goal) and the calls we didn't get that cost us goals (or lead to goals up the other end).

It really was quite shocking. I've watched it again in the calm of day and it actually looks worse now than it did then!!!

I agree. The officiating has become too tedious and now we all expect frees to be paid for things that are so borderline when they benefit the Pies, and are up in arms when a tedious borderline one gets paid against us. The umps are trying to officiate to the letter of the law and that's a problem. Frees should only be for blatant, deliberate indiscretions.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 am

https://youtu.be/rg867ObxExQ

You Tube video compilation of all the inconsistencies and errors we copped on Monday. The Watson and BT 'justification' of a Melbourne throw not called beggars belief. More of this and I'm pretty much clocking off from this corrupt sport.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
https://youtu.be/rg867ObxExQ

You Tube video compilation of all the inconsistencies and errors we copped on Monday. The Watson and BT 'justification' of a Melbourne throw not called beggars belief. More of this and I'm pretty much clocking off from this corrupt sport.

It wasn't good. Whilst Melbourne might be able to produce their own selective tape, there were about 5 or 6 clear errors here, of which the worst, by a mile, were the free not paid to Adams for a push in the back, the front on contact to Greenwood in the square, and the arm chops to Langdon and Degoey, and the throw defended by Watson. Memo to umpires, a hand pass occurs when the ball is punched while on the flat of the hand, not after it is thrown into the air.

It was not a good umpiring performance, and I hope we have made a complaint behind the scenes.....but in truth I think we lost it ourselves through some atrocious decision-making.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:33 am
Post subject: Re: Memo EDDIE! Umpires! Enough is enough!Reply with quote

Greeny2968 wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Time to take the fine.
Us paying supporters have had enough.

Agree. That was disgusting umpiring.

My reply on this is late, due to internet connection troubles at home. But, yes, the umpiring in the Deeees game was absolutely vile, utter disgrace, I reckon the umps got sucked in by the win it for Daniher stuff, do it for Neil, we are now somehow cast as the enemy by the media on the QB game. I really like Daniher, brave guy, great cause, but the whole thing is now too Dees centric, I don't think it was meant to be like that, the big freeze thing. As for the umps, I wrote a snail mail letter to gary pert, expressing my horror at the dreadful umpiring that day, and that we must, must, come out and say something, and take the fine. This shocking bias, that definitely cost us the win, it changed the whole game, has got to stop, and stop now. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:12 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Greeny2968 wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Time to take the fine.

My reply on this is late, due to internet connection troubles at home. But, yes, the umpiring in the Deeees game was absolutely vile, utter disgrace, I reckon the umps got sucked in by the win it for Daniher stuff, do it for Neil, we are now somehow cast as the enemy by the media on the QB game. I really like Daniher, brave guy, great cause, but the whole thing is now too Dees centric, I don't think it was meant to be like that, the big freeze thing. As for the umps, I wrote a snail mail letter to gary pert, expressing my horror at the dreadful umpiring that day, and that we must, must, come out and say something, and take the fine. This shocking bias, that definitely cost us the win, it changed the whole game, has got to stop, and stop now. Exclamation

Any reply from Pert?

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:05 pm

thompsoc wrote:
The thing I hate the most in world sport is the video review.
And I even hate it in the AFL score review.
Why?
Because sport is about the human condition not about a robotic decision.
Sport is a meaningless and ultimately futile pursuit.
In AFL terms kicking an inflated piece of leather between 2 sticks is truly ludicrous.
But we like it because it has an artistic flair about it and it fulfills a tribal instinct within us all by supporting one team.
Nothing gets the blood boiling than the yellow maggots.
I imagine plenty of Pie supporters still lay awake at night thinking about that decision with Wayne Harmes in 1979.
Umps will make good and bad decisions ...that is just human nature.
Just like plenty of players will make plenty of fundamental mistakes.
The crowd reaction to the maggots on Monday was wonderful.
It got the blood boiling and the supporters fuming. The melbourne supporters were over the moon with the umps.
Bad luck to the Pie supporters.
But the alternative is endless video reviews or robotic umpires.
What a fricken bore that will be.
And next time when the Umps favour us...... enjoy it
Because you follow sport to get emotional and not to see something clinical

Agreed!!!!
"YES, HE'S GOT HIM!! WHAT A DELIVERY!!!! IT'S A HATRICK!! WHAT A MOMENT WE HAVE JUST WITN... oh, hang on, wait a minute, we have a review......."
The moment is gone.

In the AFL, I still can't believe we review every time it looks like it may or may not have touched a finger nail. Getting far too technical. If it was not CLEARLY touched then it was a goal for 115 years......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Yes King Monkey.
The moment is gonnnnneeeee!
Just like in the bedroom.
When one partner says to the other.
Can we review that bit of play!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm

dalyc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Greeny2968 wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Time to take the fine.

Any reply from Pert?

Nah mate, no reply yet, but I guess its snail mail. Look, if many of us bombarded him and the club with letters, emails, texts, etc etc, it may just do the trick, put pressure on him and the club to do something. Like, I told Perty I may not go again this season, if this keeps up, I tell you this, if we get a rotten deal v Port this week, that's it for me, I'm done. Done for the season, the League can jamm it where the sun don't shine. ! I don't put up with cheating and corruption, and that's what this basically is now, blatant cheating, and its got too stop, enough is enough, line in the sand time. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Dear Eddie,

You say nothing publicly and I won't renew my membership EVER AGAIN.

Dead serious. Plenty more like me.

I've been to 2 games this year. Won't be attending any more.

Cheers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: