Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo EDDIE! Umpires! Enough is enough!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Move on guys. I had to put up with a guy on the train coming home crapping on about the umpires. We lost to a better team on the day today. We should have been up by 6 goals at half time instead of 4 goals, after letting a couple get through just before the break. A 6 goal break would have weathered the storm. Melbourne were always going to come back at us in the second half. That's the reason we lost, not the umpires.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:23 pm

They definitely umpired differently today.They've hardly paid any holding the ball decisions all year-it's usually thrown up when a player is tackled-yet Melbourne got about five holding the ball decisions in the last quarter.all at crucial stages in the match.So yes,they clearly influenced the result against us.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:26 pm

was it 3 or 4 field umpires today?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:27 pm

BIFC, you're f**king kidding aren't you?
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Our mistakes aside, the dirty maggot scumps ensured the ol toffs got over the line. They killed every ounce of momentum we had by paying bullshit frees to the charity case filth and those holding the ball decisions to their favour were blatant cheating. Why doesn't the club speak out against this....
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:31 pm

I believe that killing is wrong.
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 pm

In the last quarter when Dunn got knocked out why didn't he get a free kick.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Blear throw on our forward line and 4 maggoits didn't see ita nd 20 seconds later they get a soft free kick and move it for a goal. Probably they kicked 4 goals from free to zero. We have the money.Let them know that that sort of u8mpiring is crap, the coach of them is not objective and that and there is no need for 4 umpires if they can;t see blatant frees.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:56 pm

I did something today that I can't remember ever doing in a Pies game.

That "chopping the arms" free to gift them a goal at the end of the 1st qtr with seconds to go was enough for me. Is this basketball or football? It was a genuine attempt by Dunn to punch the ball..it wasn't chopping of the arms.

I turned the TV off right there and then. I could see the fix was in from then, and saved myself the mental anguish of going through what I knew was coming. In a competition that is so evenly matched, we can't compete when the umpires cheat like that. I've said it before, but I'll say it again... a Collingwood premiership is worth 3x everyone else's.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
BIFC, you're f**king kidding aren't you?

For F#sake move on. The record books show we lost. Certain players let us down through mistakes on the field. We leaked too many goals through our backline. That's not the umpires. That's us. Focus should now be on Port Adelaide next game. Lot to like today but plenty of work to do fix errors in the field. The umpires are a constant we just have to deal with.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Magpiefan3 wrote:
In the last quarter when Dunn got knocked out why didn't he get a free kick.

because he got kneed in the side.
It was fair.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:07 pm

It was disgraceful they changed their interpretation on htb from what has been paid all season and we copped it.

Also under the way they've been paying DOOB all year should have seen us get one late in the last qtr
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Time to start using our media department to start taping games, with that evidence either the AFL pull their head in or it's used in a legal suit.

Look this goes beyond Collingwood, it happens across the competition - time and time again dubious calls result in game changing events.

THAT is the true reason ALL the rules are framed to be open to umpires discretion.
chrisjjj 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:19 pm

$£$%^%%$ pathetic scum umpires make me never want to watch another AFL game again.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 pm

The umpires were fine - wrong. They were biased shits. They weren't fine.

If you don't think they cost us the game - have a look at the "high" free paid in our goal square with a minute to go in the first, then the chopping the arm free paid in their goal square that gifted them a goal after the quarter time siren. No contact was made high and no contact was made with the arms - the 2 second replay at the ground showed that. That's the game right there - BUT that wasn't what cost us the game.

What cost us the game was the 3 or so holding the ball frees paid against us in the last when the Dees did the same thing about 15 times on our HFF with no penalty - in fact a couple of times they gave them frees for "high" contact - also we didn't get any of those. We put more pressure on, we applied more tackles in the last, we made the chances but the umpires rewarded the few the Dee's made and none that we made.

That's cheating. People who say that our turnovers cost us the game, not the umpiring miss the point - if we make one turnover and the Dee's score one goal from it, and we lose by 4 points with a free kick count of 100 to 1, is it fair? No. So if we make 8 turnovers and the Dee's score 8 goals from them, and we get demolished by cheating umpires, it's still not fair. There is no rule that says we need to be a 5 goal better team than the opposition to get the 4 points. We made some mistakes but we were still the better team on the day and should have - and would have - won if the umpires were fair.

It's not the free kick count that matters either - I'm not sure where our 19 frees were but if we got 19 frees we deserved 40, and if we deserved 19 the Dee's deserved 9. The way the game was played we made a lot more holding the ball and chopping the arm and shepherding in the marking contest chances they the Dees and were rewarded with very few - the Dee's got them when they were blatantly not there. Again - look at the lsat 90 second of the first quarter and the last 5 minutes of the last quarter.

So what to do about it? The umpires are an important part of the game. It's a hard gig, but if you deny there is a problem then you will never make it any better. Maybe the rules need to be changed to make them easier to umpire. Maybe the umpires need more training. Maybe they need fewer or more. If you just say "they're fine" all the time, nothing till change and you'll never know.

Bucks can't say anything, so he should't. Gary Pert should write a letter to the umpires boss asking for clarification of every decision and non decision for the game and justification for all of them. If they can't justify them - thus admitting error, which they would have to do - then they must take appropriate action. Heads should roll. Umpires should get more training. Rule interpretations needs to be publicised and error admitted - publicly. If things don't improve, the umpires boss has to go.

IF they can't justify them but do nothing, we're forced to assume that the cheating umpiring is sanctioned, if not directed, by the AFL, and therefore the game was never in the balance and the result was pre ordained. If that's the case, why risk Treloar, Moore, Grundy et al in a game you either are going to win or you're not going to win it, based on something other that the way you play? So I would send the VFL team to our next game. Simple as that. Save the stars in cotton wool for next year, and when the media go beserk about it the answer is simple - the AFL couldn't justify the decision and non-decisions made by the umpires yet in their non-action they effectively sanction them and as such we will not risk injury to our remaining star players until such a time as the AFL can guarantee us that the result of the game will be decided on the skills of the individual teams on the day, and nothing else. We're loading up for 2018 or some time in 2017 when the umpiring and umpires will be held to account for their actions.

Statement from Collingwood Football Club end.

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: