Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mooretreloar wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Tannin wrote:
I agree Mooretreloar, the ignore button makes life here a lot more pleasant.

On another topic, however, it's sad how little participation there is on the forums these days. People just don't seem to bother posting much anymore. I mean. whod'a thunk that 24 hours after a game, not counting Donny, the only the posters in the after-match thread would be you, me, and Thompsoc?

Laughed my arse off, well played

Tannin, was just wondering if your post was a clip directed my way. I didn't think it was and no worries if it was.

Two posters seem to think it is funny, I am unsure why, but maybe they are geniuses.

He means he has everyone else on ignore! That's how I took it anyway

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:39 am

Jpies wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
makri wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
piedys wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

I apologise and stand corrected on the ar%#hole point.

But you quoting you it and not condemning it was very very poor form.

Bah! We don't take misquotes and sledging personally on this forum, my good man. We are veteran battle hardened, thick skinned keyboard warriors after all!

But yes, I WAS harsh on Adams. My concern is I don't have the faith in either him nor the coaching staff to make the effort to correct the flaws in his kicking; it's his fourth season here now and it seems nobody is making themselves accountable for it.
If these mis-kicks keeps happening it WILL keep manifesting against us on the scoreboard, and ultimately the ladder; of that i'm certain.

Have faith - BJ was also a shocking kick in his early days.

Jaxsom Barham was a shocking kick in his earlier days and every other day after that.
Most players don't improve their kicking and for those who do improve just as many get worse.
Say hello Mr J Gunston.

Tend to agree, if you can't kick by the time you're 17/18 it generally doesn't get any better. Off course you will get stronger as you are hitting the gym and therefore gaining distance but you technique will usually be set in stone by this age.

Not a good comparison. Both Barham and McGough were bad kicks. Nothing was ever going to change that. Adams is a good kick who makes disposal errors at times. That can be fixed just as Licuria and O'Bree, who also had disposal problems, tidied up their disposal errors over time.

So, given time, he may be as a good a kick as O'Bree? Can you see the problem here?

I think the point is (and if so, I agree) that Adams' clangers are not due to poor technique or skills errors. Rather, they are due to poor decision making. For example, both his kicks across the defensive 50 on the weekend that resulted in Melbourne goals. Both of those kicks were perfect. They came off the boot nicely and went exactly where they intended. Unfortunately, where they were intended was to a stationary Collingwood player with two Melbourne players within about 15m who could easily get there and spoil.

Bad decision making is not ideal, but probably more fixable than poor technique.

his skill error is that he lacks penetration on his kicks. So if Maynard kicked that ball, there is no way a player standing 15 metres away has time to get there. That is the real issue for adams. He just has no penetration on his kicks. Sadly for him, the game is so fast now that that is effectively a skill error.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 pm

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Tannin wrote:
I agree Mooretreloar, the ignore button makes life here a lot more pleasant.

On another topic, however, it's sad how little participation there is on the forums these days. People just don't seem to bother posting much anymore. I mean. whod'a thunk that 24 hours after a game, not counting Donny, the only the posters in the after-match thread would be you, me, and Thompsoc?

Laughed my arse off, well played

Tannin, was just wondering if your post was a clip directed my way. I didn't think it was and no worries if it was.

Two posters seem to think it is funny, I am unsure why, but maybe they are geniuses.

He means he has everyone else on ignore! That's how I took it anyway

I guess that takes the genius list to 3 TP! Smile

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19   

Jump to: