Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of positives with improvement in young players. Schazza, De Goey, Maynard, Broomy, Aish all looking better. Smith a worry with his awareness.
ip address 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Oh well ... at least we won't look like ZZ Top anymore! Smile
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Adams should never be allowed to kick into forward 50 ever again

I'm sure we said the same thing after the Carlton game, and perhaps Anzac day too. But guess what happened.

He is a game losing inept shit footballer, like Blair.
Both coach killers in the making, intent on claiming their first scalp.

We had this rabble DUSTED & BROKEN in the 2nd qtr until this talentless HACK decided he was a better kick the the Captain, and slaughtered it across half back. And all they needed was a little belief to start eroding our lead.
Oh, and about two dozen frees form those coonts with whistles helped.

As we knew, that charity free at qtr time resulting in a goal made all the difference in the end. I really hope this is the last QB match we have to suffer against these charity case shit kickers.

Agreed. Adams just seems to be involved in so many key moments that cost us momentum swinging goals it is incredible. Either through defensive turnovers like we saw today or ball butchering entries I50 that results in a lost opportunity and clean opposition rebounds. I just do not know what we can do with him. I've said this before about him, he is holding a prime position in our midfield, get stacks of the ball and we simply cannot rely on him to execute. This is unacceptable if we are to develop into a serious football team. He is a problem. Many will simply argue how much he tries and tackles and all the effort etc but in the modern game if you are a prime midfielder you have to be able to execute clean skill for your team. I shudder when he is about to kick it.

Totally; I feel sick in the guts every time he gets his hands on it [like Blair], because it is obvious he is not capable of hitting a target by foot.
And the result in inevitably a turnover, as you watch every opposition player charge towards their goal as our backline valiantly tries to fix his shit.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Invigoration wrote:

Good teams win regardless of the occasion.

We are a powerhouse club, or so we claim to be. We make that name by hosting and playing in the biggest matches the game holds. We should thrive on it.

I grant that what you're saying makes some sense. The only trouble is, the opposing teams thrive on the occasion as well. To knock off Collingwood in a big, marquee game gives the opposition extra incentive.

I would much prefer we "flew under the radar", but perhaps that's impossible being who we are.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:30 pm

and we shouldn't forget we played a team freshened up by the bye last week - we have played some pretty intense footy that must sap at physical and mental limits - a young team with 4 changes may have just been effected too much.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Did anyone else notice De Goey falling off the chase a few times?

Yes, I did!!! I actually wondered what was going on with him on several occasions - either he doesn't have the fitness or he doesn't have want to chase!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Jpies wrote:
Further to my previous post, some more player assessments:

Aish: Did ok, but didn't impact enough IMO. Still hasn't captured his form from the end of last year where he regularly looked strong in the contest (granted, his effort a few weeks ago when he got injured was outstanding).

Scharenberg: Did ok, but will get better and should remain in the side.

Adams: I don't know what to think. Today summed him up well, did some really good things around the contest but made some terrible, terrible decisions with the ball. I don't know what to do with him.

De Goey: I think he's started to play quite well these past few weeks. Needs to trust his marking ability overhead instead of trying to take everything on the chest, but has good skills and is a good competitive player.

Phillips: Didn't get enough out of him today for my liking. Not in my best 22, but should improve in years to come and will be a long term pies player.

Crocker: Nice goal, but back to the VFL most likely.

Maynard: Started well and faded, with a few mistakes creeping in. But his first half showed the player that he will become. Hopefully by this time next year.

I thought Phillips was very good. Seemed to me to get a lot of it, and Maynard's game was also good. He did make a few mistakes in the second half, but I put that down to the incredible pressure they applied, and he still did some damage, I thought. Is he to smothering what J Howe is to marking ?

Visdom 

Success takes planning

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Can we teach Adams to kick and DeJoey to take a chest mark. Attending Aiskick might be a good start. Teach Adams to handball while your at it.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:34 pm

piedys wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Adams should never be allowed to kick into forward 50 ever again

I'm sure we said the same thing after the Carlton game, and perhaps Anzac day too. But guess what happened.

He is a game losing inept shit footballer, like Blair.
Both coach killers in the making, intent on claiming their first scalp.

We had this rabble DUSTED & BROKEN in the 2nd qtr until this talentless HACK decided he was a better kick the the Captain, and slaughtered it across half back. And all they needed was a little belief to start eroding our lead.
Oh, and about two dozen frees form those coonts with whistles helped.

As we knew, that charity free at qtr time resulting in a goal made all the difference in the end. I really hope this is the last QB match we have to suffer against these charity case shit kickers.

Agreed. Adams just seems to be involved in so many key moments that cost us momentum swinging goals it is incredible. Either through defensive turnovers like we saw today or ball butchering entries I50 that results in a lost opportunity and clean opposition rebounds. I just do not know what we can do with him. I've said this before about him, he is holding a prime position in our midfield, get stacks of the ball and we simply cannot rely on him to execute. This is unacceptable if we are to develop into a serious football team. He is a problem. Many will simply argue how much he tries and tackles and all the effort etc but in the modern game if you are a prime midfielder you have to be able to execute clean skill for your team. I shudder when he is about to kick it.

Totally; I feel sick in the guts every time he gets his hands on it [like Blair], because it is obvious he is not capable of hitting a target by foot.
And the result in inevitably a turnover, as you watch every opposition player charge towards their goal as our backline valiantly tries to fix his shit.
Do we even really need him in the side? What could we get in trade? Any chance of working him in a deal back to the GWS for one of their good players like Kelly or Shiel, hell I'd take even Coniglio. GWS really gave us the shaft with Adams and WHE, a ball butcherer and a soft ****.

MONCO: Your life.
Bob Sugar 

Want someone to blame? Then blame no other than Darcey (butter fingers) Moore, patheric display.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PyreneesPie wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Did anyone else notice De Goey falling off the chase a few times?

Yes, I did!!! I actually wondered what was going on with him on several occasions - either he doesn't have the fitness or he doesn't have want to chase!

Yeah, it looked pretty bad on a few occasions....you reckon he is carrying something? Because you wouldn't allow that from a first year player if not..

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
robfyffe 

Invigoration wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
robfyffe wrote:
I'm not sooking up with this result
I think that when you have marquee games against set teams such as Essendon Anzac Day and Melbourne Queen's Birthday, you are giving a stage to your opposition, and your opposition will rise to the challenge.
I'm for Collingwood winning, and I think we would have a better chance of winning if we didn't play teams who consider playing Collingwood their final
Imagine Melbourne lining up against Collingwood on Sunday 27th May as opposed to a standalone game on Queen's Birthday
I think by trying to be a "big club" we are actually losing more games. I think, if we want to enter finals in a good way, dump Anzac day and Queen Birthday bull shit (obviously not including the Daniher MND fundraising ) and just concentrate on winning - no special days - just Collingwood win

I reckon there's a lot of merit in this comment.

And sure, Essendon has had a bad recent run but overall they are pretty much just as big as us and actually more successful, so I'm not sure why Anzac Day is any bigger day for them than it is for us.

We are a powerhouse club, or so we claim to be. We make that name by hosting and playing in the biggest matches the game holds. We should thrive on it.

We are a powerhouse club that hasn't been in finals for a few years
Why are we helping Melbourne?
When has Hawthorn or Geelong helped Melbourne with a stand alone game where the gate always goes to Melbourne, and Melbourne's players treat it as a final.
Same goes with Anzac Day - I've 100% enjoyed the experience of Anzac Day game, but I believe it's detrimental to the club's win loss because Essendon (and us when we were down) consider it their/our final.

How many "marquee games" have Hawthorn or Geelong played in the last ten years?

Seriously - lets pull our heads in and just win ordinary games!

robfyffe 

When has Hawthorn or Geelong helped Melbourne with a stand alone game where the gate always goes to Melbourne, and Melbourne's players treat it as a final.
Same goes with Anzac Day - I've 100% enjoyed the experience of Anzac Day game, but I believe it's detrimental to the club's win loss because Essendon (and us when we were down) consider it their/our final.

robfyffe 

Invigoration wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
robfyffe wrote:
I'm not sooking up with this result
I think that when you have marquee games against set teams such as Essendon Anzac Day and Melbourne Queen's Birthday, you are giving a stage to your opposition, and your opposition will rise to the challenge.
I'm for Collingwood winning, and I think we would have a better chance of winning if we didn't play teams who consider playing Collingwood their final
Imagine Melbourne lining up against Collingwood on Sunday 27th May as opposed to a standalone game on Queen's Birthday
I think by trying to be a "big club" we are actually losing more games. I think, if we want to enter finals in a good way, dump Anzac day and Queen Birthday bull shit (obviously not including the Daniher MND fundraising ) and just concentrate on winning - no special days - just Collingwood win

I reckon there's a lot of merit in this comment.

And sure, Essendon has had a bad recent run but overall they are pretty much just as big as us and actually more successful, so I'm not sure why Anzac Day is any bigger day for them than it is for us.

robfyffe 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19   

Jump to: