Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
That last 10mins of Umpiring was shocking...

Absolutely!! Goddam shame they can't tell the difference between holding the ball and the ball being dragged in underneath a player. Evil or Very Mad

The closest to cheating i've seen in a long time...

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:16 pm

The umpires gave them two iffy frees in the first quarter for goals. I was worried.
We played well in the second quarter to take the lead playing real football.
We slowed in the third and let their runners take over. The umpires also started up the campaign against us again.
The fourth quarter was more of the same umpiring rubbish to give them frees at will.
Of our players Taylor adams has to be better than that. I liked Callum Brown for a first go. Smith is not good enough in defence.
Sigh ...

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:16 pm

lihei wrote:
Screw the umpire, Adams singlehandly lost that game. halfwit. I've never hated a player as much as this knob.

And I'm sure you have hated plenty over the years.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:17 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The umpires were totally inconsistent when it came to interpretations today and we were on the wrong end more often than not.

Adams and Smith both had howlers and were directly responsible for 5 or 6 goals.

Pendlebury unusually quiet.

Crisp and Maynard a mix of excellence and brain fades.

We didn't make enough of our forward entries at ground level in a dominant 2nd quarter.

Moore finished with 2 goals but hardly had a possession and dropped marks he should be taking. Fasolo and Crocker both struggled to influence the game. We missed Elliott big time.

We gave it a good crack but ultimately a mixture of umpiring, individual mistakes, tiredness and some quality missing from the 22 cost us the win.

Gutted.

Excellent summary Swoop. I'm gutted too. A game we should have won. Who was on Petraca?

Last edited by Damien on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Disappointed with the result but extremely proud of the effort put in by the team. Were unlucky to lose in the end.
Melbourne have shown they are a damn good side, they were the fresher and this effectively is their grand final.
Our boys never gave up and are still a big chance to not only make the 8 but to do some real damage.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Collingwood player hatches he ball =Melbourne free kick. Melbourne player hatches the ball = ball up. All fkcin day long. Having said that if we had a bit more polish from a few players it was ours for the taking. Crisp unfortunately is a bit of a downhill skier type. The skipper was well held, had no impact.

Bad loss, but, you have to say that we have been playing much better football since half time in the Hawks game. If we had Elliott out their we would have won that. Sux to lose but I think we may be finally heading in the right direction. I want us to use the break to freshen up and keep playing aggressive fast flowing footy like we have been. Write this one off to errors and cheating umpires and move on. We are certainly improving now I can safely say. Touch wood!

Agree with most of this, except I thought Crisp gave us a good rive out of the backline and tried his guts out all day.

Yes, I reckon the move of Crisp down back has really helped us lately.

Despite the disappointment, I truly think we can see this coming together. Melbourne are a good side and they are getting better after years of high draft picks, and we ran them very close despite poor umpiring and the fact that they had a week's freshness on us after a return from Perth. I thought we looked very tired at many points today but they continued to grind it out and almost won despite themselves. Scharenberg, Aish and Maynard and DeGoey are all starting to look like real footballers of quality, and we have a lot to look forward to.

Treloar and Sidebottom and Grundy and Howe were all majestic, too. CAn't fault the effort.

35reasons 

Umpires' decisions were offensively inconsistent, but we shouldn't have given up a four goal lead in the third-quarter either. Aish was on fire in the first half and agree that Adams had a shocker, although not as bad as the umpires' day. Lot to like about Grundy. Brown probably needs some more time in the twos.

That's the season right there. I can't see us winning seven of the next ten to make the eight. Hope Bucks survives, I think the last five weeks (since the GWS game) have shown that he's the man.

See you in 2018.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

If you have FB & you like/jump on the CFC page, there are many posts from neutral supporters stating the umpiring was a disgrace.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Further to my previous post, some more player assessments:

Aish: Did ok, but didn't impact enough IMO. Still hasn't captured his form from the end of last year where he regularly looked strong in the contest (granted, his effort a few weeks ago when he got injured was outstanding).

Scharenberg: Did ok, but will get better and should remain in the side.

Adams: I don't know what to think. Today summed him up well, did some really good things around the contest but made some terrible, terrible decisions with the ball. I don't know what to do with him.

De Goey: I think he's started to play quite well these past few weeks. Needs to trust his marking ability overhead instead of trying to take everything on the chest, but has good skills and is a good competitive player.

Phillips: Didn't get enough out of him today for my liking. Not in my best 22, but should improve in years to come and will be a long term pies player.

Crocker: Nice goal, but back to the VFL most likely.

Maynard: Started well and faded, with a few mistakes creeping in. But his first half showed the player that he will become. Hopefully by this time next year.

Last edited by Jpies on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:20 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
robfyffe wrote:
I'm not sooking up with this result
I think that when you have marquee games against set teams such as Essendon Anzac Day and Melbourne Queen's Birthday, you are giving a stage to your opposition, and your opposition will rise to the challenge.
I'm for Collingwood winning, and I think we would have a better chance of winning if we didn't play teams who consider playing Collingwood their final
Imagine Melbourne lining up against Collingwood on Sunday 27th May as opposed to a standalone game on Queen's Birthday
I think by trying to be a "big club" we are actually losing more games. I think, if we want to enter finals in a good way, dump Anzac day and Queen Birthday bull shit (obviously not including the Daniher MND fundraising ) and just concentrate on winning - no special days - just Collingwood win

I reckon there's a lot of merit in this comment.

Good teams win regardless of the occasion.

And sure, Essendon has had a bad recent run but overall they are pretty much just as big as us and actually more successful, so I'm not sure why Anzac Day is any bigger day for them than it is for us.

We are a powerhouse club, or so we claim to be. We make that name by hosting and playing in the biggest matches the game holds. We should thrive on it.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Did anyone else notice De Goey falling off the chase a few times?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:21 pm

piedys wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Adams should never be allowed to kick into forward 50 ever again

I'm sure we said the same thing after the Carlton game, and perhaps Anzac day too. But guess what happened.

He is a game losing inept shit footballer, like Blair.
Both coach killers in the making, intent on claiming their first scalp.

TV went off during the last quarter before it got smashed.

We had this rabble DUSTED & BROKEN in the 2nd qtr until this talentless HACK decided he was a better kick the the Captain, and slaughtered it across half back. And all they needed was a little belief to start eroding our lead.
Oh, and about two dozen frees form those coonts with whistles helped.

As we knew, that charity free at qtr time resulting in a goal made all the difference in the end. I really hope this is the last QB match we have to suffer against these charity case shit kickers.

Good news is, we get another chance to lose against them [& Gawn] in the final round with nothing to play for now, while they charge to the eight.
Agreed. Adams just seems to be involved in so many key moments that cost us momentum swinging goals it is incredible. Either through defensive turnovers like we saw today or ball butchering entries I50 that results in a lost opportunity and clean opposition rebounds. I just do not know what we can do with him. I've said this before about him, he is holding a prime position in our midfield, get stacks of the ball and we simply cannot rely on him to execute. This is unacceptable if we are to develop into a serious football team. He is a problem. Many will simply argue how much he tries and tackles and all the effort etc but in the modern game if you are a prime midfielder you have to be able to execute clean skill for your team. I shudder when he is about to kick it.

MONCO: Your life.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:23 pm

35reasons wrote:
Umpires' decisions were offensively inconsistent, but we shouldn't have given up a four goal lead in the third-quarter either. Aish was on fire in the first half and agree that Adams had a shocker, although not as bad as the umpires' day. Lot to like about Grundy. Brown probably needs some more time in the twos.

That's the season right there. I can't see us winning seven of the next ten to make the eight. Hope Bucks survives, I think the last five weeks (since the GWS game) have shown that he's the man.

See you in 2018.

Well said, agree with all of this. We need to stick with Buckley regardless of how the year unfolds now, we are showing that we are building in to a good team.

Jpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Did anyone else notice De Goey falling off the chase a few times?

Yes. I thought he did ok, but I did notice a couple of times where his pressure was a bit weak around their kick ins.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:26 pm

It was evident that umpiring was sub standard. It was also evident that we missed Goldsack - my jury is out on playing Crisp in backline and I have never ever been a fan of Langdon - he did one or two decent things today but is slow and lacks football smarts. Fasolo had his best game for the year but went missing often. Adams - yeah kicking was ordinary at times. Smith had his poorest game at the club the will rebound. We are most definitely still well and truly short a CHF, short or tall option. I think we will have to play Reid there when he is fit - not sure who in the meantime - maybe have to give Keeffe a go although I don't think he is a forward. There is still hope for a finals berth - but we have a few flaws to knock out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19   

Jump to: