Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood player hatches the ball = Melbourne free kick. Melbourne player hatches the ball = ball up. All fkcin day long. Having said that if we had a bit more polish from a few players it was ours for the taking. Adams, mate, I know you try hard but your kicking is still a massive problem and it just costs us so much. How can we have you going forward? Smith, sorry mate, way out of your depth, you looked too small and too jittery to be kept. WHE, were are you ever? Crisp unfortunately is a bit of a downhill skier type. The skipper was well held, had no impact. Phillips was awol after half time but popped up for that late goal. I don't know if we ran out of legs or maybe Melbourne stepped up, maybe both.

Bad loss, but, you have to say that we have been playing much better football since half time in the Hawks game. If we had Elliott out there we would have won that. Sux to lose but I think we may be finally heading in the right direction. I want us to use the break to freshen up and keep playing aggressive fast flowing footy like we have been. Write this one off to errors and cheating umpires and move on. We are certainly improving now I can safely say. Touch wood!

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:07 pm

I honestly get the feeling this season that there's a mandate for umpires to try and keep games close. They're only human. It's naive to think that it's a clean game otherwise we wouldn't get such mixed and unpredictable interpretations.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Was this the worst umpiring of all time? Utter disgrace. We won that game. We should be given the four points.

(Note, in many years of posting here, I have NEVER said that before. Never, ever seen anything like it. Heads must roll.)

robfyffe 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:08 pm

I'm not sooking up with this result
I think that when you have marquee games against set teams such as Essendon Anzac Day and Melbourne Queen's Birthday, you are giving a stage to your opposition, and your opposition will rise to the challenge.
I'm for Collingwood winning, and I think we would have a better chance of winning if we didn't play teams who consider playing Collingwood their final
Imagine Melbourne lining up against Collingwood on Sunday 27th May as opposed to a standalone game on Queen's Birthday
I think by trying to be a "big club" we are actually losing more games. I think, if we want to enter finals in a good way, dump Anzac day and Queen Birthday bull shit (obviously not including the Daniher MND fundraising ) and just concentrate on winning - no special days - just Collingwood win

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Collingwood player hatches he ball =Melbourne free kick. Melbourne player hatches the ball = ball up. All fkcin day long. Having said that if we had a bit more polish from a few players it was ours for the taking. Crisp unfortunately is a bit of a downhill skier type. The skipper was well held, had no impact.

Bad loss, but, you have to say that we have been playing much better football since half time in the Hawks game. If we had Elliott out their we would have won that. Sux to lose but I think we may be finally heading in the right direction. I want us to use the break to freshen up and keep playing aggressive fast flowing footy like we have been. Write this one off to errors and cheating umpires and move on. We are certainly improving now I can safely say. Touch wood!

Agree with most of this, except I thought Crisp gave us a good drive out of the backline and tried his guts out all day.

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

woodys_world69 wrote:
Adams should never be allowed to kick into forward 50 ever again

I'm sure we said the same thing after the Carlton game, and perhaps Anzac day too. But guess what happened.

He is a game losing inept shit footballer, like Blair.
Both coach killers in the making, intent on claiming their first scalp.

TV went off during the last quarter before it got smashed.

We had this rabble DUSTED & BROKEN in the 2nd qtr until this talentless HACK decided he was a better kick the the Captain, and slaughtered it across half back. And all they needed was a little belief to start eroding our lead.
Oh, and about two dozen frees form those coonts with whistles helped.

As we knew, that charity free at qtr time resulting in a goal made all the difference in the end. I really hope this is the last QB match we have to suffer against these charity case shit kickers.

Good news is, we get another chance to lose against them [& Gawn] in the final round with nothing to play for now, while they charge to the eight.

SwansWay 

Tannin, I never blame umpires. In fact I hate one-eyed supporters who do that. So today must be pretty egregious for me to spit the dumm!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:10 pm

I blame giving up the lead in the 3rd quarter not the umpires. We have jumped out after half time on numerous occasions this year very flat. This is one that got away.
Kwah-LeBaire 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:12 pm

With a tiny bit of umpiring experience under my belt, I tend to give the umpires a huge benefit of the doubt. It's a tough gig, anywhere, anytime.

But.

Today, I was tested.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Tannin wrote:
Was this the worst umpiring of all time? Utter disgrace. We won that game. We should be given the four points.

(Note, in many years of posting here, I have NEVER said that before. Never, ever seen anything like it. Heads must roll.)

Me neither Tannin, but that was the most biased umpiring I think I've ever seen in fifty years. I hugely admire Neil Daniher, but I believe that sub-consciously, the umpires wanted Melbourne to win for him.

Aaah well, I suppose it's for a good cause. The Melbourne fans might fork out more money between now and midnight, because they won. Very Happy
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm

The umpires were totally inconsistent when it came to interpretations today and we were on the wrong end more often than not.

Adams and Smith both had howlers and were directly responsible for 5 or 6 goals.

Pendlebury unusually quiet.

Crisp and Maynard a mix of excellence and brain fades.

We didn't make enough of our forward entries at ground level in a dominant 2nd quarter.

Moore finished with 2 goals but hardly had a possession and dropped marks he should be taking. Fasolo and Crocker both struggled to influence the game. We missed Elliott big time.

We gave it a good crack but ultimately a mixture of umpiring, individual mistakes, tiredness and some quality missing from the 22 cost us the win.

Gutted.

Mossi Leo

Jezza wrote:
RIGGED! UMPIRES MAKE ME SICK!

Twisted Evil Spot on Jezza!!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

robfyffe wrote:
I'm not sooking up with this result
I think that when you have marquee games against set teams such as Essendon Anzac Day and Melbourne Queen's Birthday, you are giving a stage to your opposition, and your opposition will rise to the challenge.
I'm for Collingwood winning, and I think we would have a better chance of winning if we didn't play teams who consider playing Collingwood their final
Imagine Melbourne lining up against Collingwood on Sunday 27th May as opposed to a standalone game on Queen's Birthday
I think by trying to be a "big club" we are actually losing more games. I think, if we want to enter finals in a good way, dump Anzac day and Queen Birthday bull shit (obviously not including the Daniher MND fundraising ) and just concentrate on winning - no special days - just Collingwood win

I reckon there's a lot of merit in this comment.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Jeez, the umpiring was dest set ordinary, really, really bad....

But how many goals did we just hand to them? I'm talking the kind of errors you would give a school boy a bake over, just shocking

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Don't rely on Dees supporters to hand over any money. They're rich yet penurious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19   

Jump to: