Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john b 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
john b wrote:
Not read any other post but.... ( I'm a bit drunk)

The weeks rest for Melbourne and us back from Perth was the difference.

Well done to both teams, great game.

As for us... keep throwing the same punches as in the last month. The style of footy is much better and we are actually a realistically good team capable of anything.

Crap, an 8 day break is plenty to get over a Perth trip.

Yeah but a week off would have been at least 5 points better for us.
john b 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Free Kick - Melbourne

I hear they will get the first free next game for that post.

Umps were frustrating but not the reason we lost. Holding the ball was inconsistent, I agree with that.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:39 pm
Post subject: YesterdayReply with quote

Good sign: more goals than points!!!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I just wish someone at the club would cop the fine and give the umpires yesterday a tongue lashing.

It's Buckley's fault. Rolling Eyes

Players did not Respond to him after Half Time

Come on Dave, you're better than that.

The harsh reality of modern footy is that virtually no one team dominates a game for four qtrs. It just doesn't happen. The change in momentum can be for a number of reasons but people are kidding themselves if they thought that the Dee's weren't going to come out harder and with a different game plan after an abysmal first half.
We are at a point where we can mix it with talent and game plan when are front running but we just don't have the leadership and experience to respond to a momentum shift ... yet.
It will come and it's why the really good sides can concede a lead on occasions but still have the ability to break away again when the opposition has drawn close.
Usually you slow the game down and maintain possession ( or go one on one ) when a team is coming at you. It takes time for young players to go away from their primary instruction and act differently to a momentum shift.

I believe the signs are good, we just need more games into our talented young players who are yet to play much senior footy.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I just wish someone at the club would cop the fine and give the umpires yesterday a tongue lashing.

It's Buckley's fault. Rolling Eyes

Players did not Respond to him after Half Time

Come on Dave, you're better than that.

The harsh reality of modern footy is that virtually no one team dominates a game for four qtrs. It just doesn't happen. The change in momentum can be for a number of reasons but people are kidding themselves if they thought that the Dee's weren't going to come out harder and with a different game plan after an abysmal first half.
We are at a point where we can mix it with talent and game plan when are front running but we just don't have the leadership and experience to respond to a momentum shift ... yet.
It will come and it's why the really good sides can concede a lead on occasions but still have the ability to break away again when the opposition has drawn close.
Usually you slow the game down and maintain possession ( or go one on one ) when a team is coming at you. It takes time for young players to go away from their primary instruction and act differently to a momentum shift.

I believe the signs are good, we just need more games into our talented young players who are yet to play much senior footy.

Spot on.

We'll be so much better when we Reid returns and when we eventually find another KF to partner Moore, enabling our players the option of going long when under intense pressure from the opposition.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:57 pm

I re-post a post I made on Nick's about 8 or 9 years ago. Nothing has changed and my logic is still simply true. Not much anyone can do about it as with the AFL and tanking so all you get is bloody denial which is the easiest option. Corruption 1.01

Bad umpiring is simply an evil we have to put up with.

Reason for umpires having subconscious bias against Collingwood:-

1. Over 80% of general public hate Collingwood

2. Umpires recruited from general public, therefore over 80% brought up hating Collingwood

3. Umpires genuinely trained and taught to be professional, impartial and neutral; they DO NOT go out to actively or intentionally cheat.

4. However as humans, we ALL have what is called a sub conscious area of attitudes including making judgements, having prejudices and displaying biases.

5. Therefore most of the umpires in a REAL stressful environment and cauldron of an AFL game make many immediate decisions based on their sub conscious biases.

6. In my experience of watching footy, the obviously blatant frees are paid fairly and accordingly however most of the 50 - 50 decisions go against Collingwood.

If in doubt, watch the next few Collingwood games with neutral footy fans and check it out. Ask them to let you know their thoughts. I have done this and my observations have been confirmed.

Larry de Silva

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:59 pm

^ you can say that again!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Perhaps Scharenberg could go forward to offer something? He's too slow to play as a back and he just gets in the way of the Future Captain.
darky the protector 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's very easy to blame the umpires - Collingwood lost the game yesterday by coughing up the ball repeatedly. Melbourne is a soft, outside team - if we were any good (as an overall team), the umpiring would not have mattered.

Wow what a statement
Viney , Oliver, Lewis,Vince, jones reckon there as hard if not harder inside players than our lot
There run is off half back we shut down JETTA But couldn't do it to hunt
If you watched the game and have that summation , please watch again.
You cannot win if the umpires are against you
Fact

darky the protector 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Lazza wrote:
I re-post a post I made on Nick's about 8 or 9 years ago. Nothing has changed and my logic is still simply true. Not much anyone can do about it as with the AFL and tanking so all you get is bloody denial which is the easiest option. Corruption 1.01

Bad umpiring is simply an evil we have to put up with.

Reason for umpires having subconscious bias against Collingwood:-

1. Over 80% of general public hate Collingwood

2. Umpires recruited from general public, therefore over 80% brought up hating Collingwood

3. Umpires genuinely trained and taught to be professional, impartial and neutral; they DO NOT go out to actively or intentionally cheat.

4. However as humans, we ALL have what is called a sub conscious area of attitudes including making judgements, having prejudices and displaying biases.

5. Therefore most of the umpires in a REAL stressful environment and cauldron of an AFL game make many immediate decisions based on their sub conscious biases.

6. In my experience of watching footy, the obviously blatant frees are paid fairly and accordingly however most of the 50 - 50 decisions go against Collingwood.

If in doubt, watch the next few Collingwood games with neutral footy fans and check it out. Ask them to let you know their thoughts. I have done this and my observations have been confirmed.

Larry de Silva

Brilliant post
As mentioned nothing else matters any more , until we get the AFL to recognise the issue, and we need to make sure they do.
36 guys all asked the same question after watching footage , 75% have different interpretations . Simple fix make all rules blanket no interpretations anymore.
We all then might know what's going on

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm

darky the protector wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
It's very easy to blame the umpires - Collingwood lost the game yesterday by coughing up the ball repeatedly. Melbourne is a soft, outside team - if we were any good (as an overall team), the umpiring would not have mattered.

Wow what a statement
Viney , Oliver, Lewis,Vince, jones reckon there as hard if not harder inside players than our lot
There run is off half back we shut down JETTA But couldn't do it to hunt
If you watched the game and have that summation , please watch again.
You cannot win if the umpires are against you
Fact

That's paranoid delusion believing you can't win because the umpires are against you. I didn't see any evidence that our players weren't responding because the umpires are against us. Look, there were some bad umpiring decisions out there that went against us. Wouldn't surprise me that some of the decisions we thought were bad, when replayed back will favour the umpire's whistle. Bottom line is that if we were good enough we would have found a way to win. The general stats show both teams were about even on the day - this means either team could have won and the team that won was a bit lucky and the team that lost was a bit unlucky. Unfortunately for us, we were the one that lost. No complaints from me the way Melbourne played. They didn't snipe us or get us behind the play. Even their fans clapped Dunn when he got injured in the third quarter and came off the ground. Contrast that to the disgraceful Essendon fans who booed Patty Ryder on the ground all night. Happy as a Collingwood supporter to wish Melbourne well for the remainder of the season till we meet again in the last home and away game. Then I'm hoping we get sweet revenge for Monday's loss, hopefully knocking them out of the final eight.
darky the protector 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:10 pm

I didn't say they were not responding . What I'm saying is umpiring creates and stops momentum . Get a couple of quick cheapies for what ever reason ,you lift your head.
Momentum until half way 3rd. Quarter was all us then you saw what happened.
Kept em in it when they had too
Helped em when they needed too
Re watch the game and your right some of those decisions are right in retrospect, however was there consistencies NO, was there advantage to the winners YES
5 frees to 1 in the forward line 82 tackles laid
And check out that photo in TODAYS HUN , that's right fist to the head free kick Dunn.all day long ,accidental contact is still paid isn't it if head high.
Seem to remember they got a free straight after too
Re watch the game

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Note: It's nearly 24 hours after the events of QB17, and i'm still seething...

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
piedys wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Adams should never be allowed to kick into forward 50 ever again

I'm sure we said the same thing after the Carlton game, and perhaps Anzac day too. But guess what happened.

He is a game losing inept shit footballer, like Blair.
Both coach killers in the making, intent on claiming their first scalp.

We had this rabble DUSTED & BROKEN in the 2nd qtr until this talentless HACK decided he was a better kick the the Captain, and slaughtered it across half back.

He didn't have a great game today. He had a worse game against Freemantle when a few people here awarded him votes. The game before that against Hawthorn he won us the game. All of which means he has his ups and downs like any other player in the AFL and doesn't deserve some of the flak he gets here.

Well his down-games penalise his team mates who can actually hit targets

ThePieMind wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Adams should never be allowed to kick into forward 50 ever again

I'm sure we said the same thing after the Carlton game, and perhaps Anzac day too. But guess what happened.

He is a game losing inept shit footballer, like Blair.
Both coach killers in the making, intent on claiming their first scalp.

We had this rabble DUSTED & BROKEN in the 2nd qtr until this talentless HACK decided he was a better kick the the Captain, and slaughtered it across half back. And all they needed was a little belief to start eroding our lead.

Agreed. Adams just seems to be involved in so many key moments that cost us momentum swinging goals it is incredible. Either through defensive turnovers like we saw today or ball butchering entries I50 that results in a lost opportunity and clean opposition rebounds. I just do not know what we can do with him. I've said this before about him, he is holding a prime position in our midfield, get stacks of the ball and we simply cannot rely on him to execute. This is unacceptable if we are to develop into a serious football team. He is a problem. Many will simply argue how much he tries and tackles and all the effort etc but in the modern game if you are a prime midfielder you have to be able to execute clean skill for your team. I shudder when he is about to kick it.

Totally; I feel sick in the guts every time he gets his hands on it [like Blair], because it is obvious he is not capable of hitting a target by foot.
And the result in inevitably a turnover, as you watch every opposition player charge towards their goal as our backline valiantly tries to fix his shit.

Do we even really need him in the side? What could we get in trade? Any chance of working him in a deal back to the GWS for one of their good players like Kelly or Shiel, hell I'd take even Coniglio. GWS really gave us the shaft with Adams.

Sorry to interrupt this exchange - but both you guys have got NFI.
You're like the flogs bagging Maxy as a poor Captain because he lacked the skill of others.
Adams HAS improved his kicking since recruited, but more importantly bleeds for his team and team mates. That's the intangible that you both don't get, he's a leader and offers more to the collective success of the team, the occasional bad kick does not matter.

Firstly, don't ever associate us with the Maxwell baggers.
Secondly, " the occasional bad kick does not matter", oh f*cking really?
Even the ones that constantly go backwards or across our defence to get cocked up week after week to slaughter our momentum and gift the opposition goals?
I don't doubt his work ethic either, or his commitment to the team.
However his application to his kicking is putrid; being a solid leader doesn't excuse poor disposal by either hand or foot.

WarrenerraW wrote:
absolutely guttered after all that. we should have sewn the game up in the third instead of letting them come home with a wet sail.
about the game itself... it didn't help that we butchered the ball at times which resulted in costly turnovers but the scumpires played their role and helped to ensure the win for the toffs.

I don't think our season is shot but there is still room for improvement. our ball movement is getting better but it's still the costly turnovers that kill us. our kicking for goal was great but we really need to do either do away with the sideways rubbish or only allow certain players to kick across the ground.

Totally; designated play-switchers only, who are adept enough to hit targets, namely Dunn, Maynard, Reid, for example. NOT Adams and Sidebottom.

watt price tully wrote:
Upset, angry and most of all bitterly disappointed.

Adams has helped us win games but he should look to handball in the backline: he tries hard but lacks polish.

His ego will fight you all the way.

simon tonna wrote:
we lost because the usual suspects cost us goals from turnovers and basic skill errors. 1/4 their first 2 goals were from turnovers in critical positions. the first goal was indisputably the worst school boy error of the afternoon the rest followed on from there.
when we have leaders on the field who constantly make these errors it puts us under more pressure than we need to be and it costs us energy, trust, confidence and the opposition that we had just slaughtered in every aspect of the game suddenly grow a foot taller. how does bucks coach this out of the players, it just seems that he has now incased a prime piece of the puzzle for a winning formula in the way we can rip open anyone at anytime over a period in a game with ball control and defence/offensive structure, but its these errors from the usual suspects costing us games. the coaches know how we lost and will lambaste those players you would think. its been happening far to long now and bucks must be sick of the shit some of these overpaid numbskulls serve up.

LIKE!

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:17 pm

.[/quote]

Sorry to interrupt this exchange - but both you guys have got NFI.
You're like the flogs bagging Maxy as a poor Captain because he lacked the skill of others.
Adams HAS improved his kicking since recruited, but more importantly bleeds for his team and team mates. That's the intangible that you both don't get, he's a leader and offers more to the collective success of the team, the occasional bad kick does not matter.[/quote]

Firstly, don't ever associate us with the Maxwell baggers.
Secondly, " the occasional bad kick does not matter", oh f*cking really?
Even the ones that constantly go backwards or across our defence to get cocked up week after week to slaughter our momentum and gift the opposition goals?
I don't doubt his work ethic either, or his commitment to the team.
However his application to his kicking is putrid; being a solid leader doesn't excuse poor disposal by either hand or foot
[/quote]

Why not associate you with the Maxwell baggers - the flawed logic is exactly the same.

You need perspective - Adams HAS improved his kicking, and he like other players makes mistakes.
Find me a player that doesn't.
But its very easy to ignore the good work that far outweighs his bad kicks yesterday.
His grunt, hardness and leadership are far more important.

Do you actually want us to believe that if he was missing yesterday, we would have won?

Far more likely that we would have lost by more.

So there in a nuttshell is your answer with PERSPECTIVE added.

PS: what a hero you were calling Adams an ars??hole in the game day thread. Have a some respect.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:41 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Why not associate you with the Maxwell baggers - the flawed logic is exactly the same.

Well, because I never bagged Maxwell, simple.

ThePieMind wrote:
You need perspective - Adams HAS improved his kicking, and he like other players makes mistakes.
Find me a player that doesn't.
But its very easy to ignore the good work that far outweighs his bad kicks yesterday.
His grunt, hardness and leadership are far more important.

Yes, you've stated that opinion twice. It may have improved; i'm yet to be convinced [bluffed] that his standard is acceptable at this level.

ThePieMind wrote:
Do you actually want us to believe that if he was missing yesterday, we would have won?
Far more likely that we would have lost by more.

I'd have to have another look at all four quarters in their entirety.
As you can imagine, i doubt i'll be in the mood to do so this week.

ThePieMind wrote:
PS: what a hero you were calling Adams an ars??hole in the game day thread. Have a some respect.

That wasn't me, it was another poster; look again - I just stated I rue the day we traded Shaw out for him; which I do:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=82478&start=255

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19   

Jump to: