Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Magpies v. Demons. Late changes, comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Overnight I sacrificed two of my best goats in honour of the football Gods.

Well, even if we lose, you have a threesome to fondly remember
Shocked Shocked Shocked
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:30 pm

I do not understand.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Mugwump wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Overnight I sacrificed two of my best goats in honour of the football Gods.

Well, even if we lose, you have a threesome to fondly remember

That would be the funniest thing I have read on here for a long time Laughing Laughing Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:42 pm

The match will be won in the midfield. If Pendles, Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom can get on top then we're a chance.

Elliott is a massive loss. He's our most competent and lively threat up forward so his absence will hurt, but hopefully the likes of Fasolo can fill his void the best they can.

A big congratulations to Callum Brown for making his long-awaited debut today. If he's half the player that his father was, we have a potential gem on our hands.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Jezza wrote:
The match will be won in the midfield. If Pendles, Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom can get on top then we're a chance.

Elliott is a massive loss. He's our most competent and lively threat up forward so his absence will hurt, but hopefully the likes of Fasolo can fill his void the best they can.

A big congratulations to Callum Brown for making his long-awaited debut today. If he's half the player that his father was, we have a potential gem on our hands.

Yep I agree although the match will be won on the scoreboard. Congratulations to Callum Brown hope the kid does well today.

If we can capitalise on our opportunities. I really can't stand Melbourne.

We need to turn the Demons back to the Fuchsias so Checker Hughes can turnover in his grave.

Although I'm worried it will be a fuchsias market.

Go Pies.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Yep I agree although the match will be won on the scoreboard. Congratulations to Callum Brown hope the kid does well today.

If we can capitalise on our opportunities. I really can't stand Melbourne.

We need to turn the Demons back to the Fuchsias so Checker Hughes can turnover in his grave.

Although I'm worried it will be a fuchsias market.

Go Pies.

Lol the Dee's
Would be big wheels dependant on our charity this round as they have been for years.
Doesn't stop them being arrogant campaigners though.
My best mate would be turning in his grave at the current MFC administration and culture.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:14 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Yep I agree although the match will be won on the scoreboard

I see what you did there Razz

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Jezza wrote:

One things for sure. Bucks doesn't gift games to anyone, regardless of their name or pedigree. He has earned his call up based on good form in the VFL, so he is ready. Put him down for 2 goals.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Today is the first game that our four first round picks from 4 and 3 years ago, respectively, will play at AFL level together. This is rarely discussed when Buckley's tenure is analysed.

Scharenberg and Aish (swap for Freeman) from 4 years ago and De Goey and Moore from 3 years ago.

Interestingly, the top 10 draft picks from the last five years from both sides are as follows:
Collingwood: Aish, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott, Moore and Scharenberg.
Melbourne: Oliver, Petracca, Salem and Tyson.

Thus, despite Melbourne being uncompetitive for most of the last five seasons, bar this season and last, we actually have more top 10 picks of the last five years playing today than they do. Therefore, kudos should be given to Hine and his recruiting staff for regenerating the list without bottoming out and becoming uncompetitive for a number of seasons.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:54 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
Today is the first game that our four first round picks from 4 and 3 years ago, respectively, will play at AFL level together. This is rarely discussed when Buckley's tenure is analysed.

Excellent observation.

It goes to show how much we've been adversely impacted by injuries in the last few years. As it stands, we still are in many respects.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Jezza wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Excellent observation.

It goes to show how much we've been adversely impacted by injuries in the last few years. As it stands, we still are in many respects.

Jez now you're asking for it LOL

Don't you know that according to some here injuries are no excuse? We could be fielding an entire VFL level side in an AFL game and some here would be sprouting the same old rubbish.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Pies to get home by 7 after trailing by 13 mid way thru the last quarter. Howe to get the Neale Daniher medal - which incidentally I have put a couple dollars on - paying $21.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:41 pm

I hope they have a strategy to stop the effectiveness of the hard tag by Vince on Pendles.

I also hope someone runs through that little shit Viney. I thought his father Viney Snr was the scumbag. The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.

We also need to be mindful of Watts & Jones. Jones always does well against us & Watts had a pretty good day against us the last year.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:43 pm

We also need to be mindful of Watts & Jones. Jones always does well against us & Watts had a pretty good day against us the last year.[/quote]

Jones plays well against anyone, he is very consistent yet somehow under rated.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: