Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Callum Brown to debut

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Callum Brown took a while to get going, but by the end of the game I'm convinced we've gut a good one here. He's an absolute animal!

Threw his head back when not taken high, and got caught a few times, but as he gets used to the pace and intensity I think he's going to be a gem.

He's fearless like his dad. I like.

Reasonable first game.

Agree, I didn't like him throwing his head back in a tackle - its not the Collingwood way, the opposition need to decapitate your head before a free is paid our way.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:44 pm

He's already an upgrade on Blair.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:16 pm

SonofRowdy wrote:
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm

As far as first games go, it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. had a dip, would be better for the run, I'd give him another go unless others are available.

Interesting his younger brother is in this years draft, bit taller than Dad.

Re Stui's post, any word about how Callum's younger brother is shaping up, what position does he play, how has his TAC form been and are we likely to draft him ?

Young Tyler brown it seems has some potential.

17, 188cm midfielder forward.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/tyler-brown-firming-as-collingwood-fatherson-pick-in-afl-draft/news-story/a1ec18b6c1f9ecc601b0fe203ae4174f

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:35 pm

So watch the bulldogs repay us for Cloke by putting a bid in for him. North have priors as well. Needs to be some tit for tat at times. Silvagni and Libba were basically left alone.

One of these days these smartarses will do it and the player will be overlooked by the FS and club and the recruiter will bleat. I wanted so and so but the club told me to bid for XX to push him up the draft, now they have snapped up the bloke I wanted who is better than what we got. It is all collusion. Never see 2 or 3 clubs bid for one, if he was that good they would. Ironically it helps all the other clubs above them as well. The only time it would be worth it was say if the picks were one or 2 apart.

An iindependent should simply rate the player at a level. Round 1, Round 2 etc. The club can get them at that rating. If another club thinks he is worth a round higher they miust take them and that round pick goes to the losing club. They might think twice about handing a second round pick to another club for a 3rd rounder because someone wants to be a smartarse.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm

ronrat wrote:
So watch the bulldogs repay us for Cloke by putting a bid in for him. North have priors as well. Needs to be some tit for tat at times. Silvagni and Libba were basically left alone.

One of these days these smartarses will do it and the player will be overlooked by the FS and club and the recruiter will bleat. I wanted so and so but the club told me to bid for XX to push him up the draft, now they have snapped up the bloke I wanted who is better than what we got. It is all collusion. Never see 2 or 3 clubs bid for one, if he was that good they would. Ironically it helps all the other clubs above them as well. The only time it would be worth it was say if the picks were one or 2 apart.

An iindependent should simply rate the player at a level. Round 1, Round 2 etc. The club can get them at that rating. If another club thinks he is worth a round higher they miust take them and that round pick goes to the losing club. They might think twice about handing a second round pick to another club for a 3rd rounder because someone wants to be a smartarse.

The issue with your approach is that there is a BIG difference between a number 1 pick and a number 18 pick. I think the system works really well now for the very reason you are bleating about. there is ALWAYs the risk, if you bid too high to screw someone that they turn around and say - "you may have him, sir". That risk is what keeps the clubs from being too outrageous in their bidding. Remember, for players outside the first round, you don't lose much by having to go up one or two spots to get someone.

The only big problem is if someone bids 5 and you have pick 15, but then the guy risking pick 5 would want to be REALLY Really sure that is the player they would be happy to take at 5!

The other problem was highlighted by what GWS did last year, when they knew they had the 3rd or 4th best player and they moved up to number 2 so that they could, in effect NAB the number 2 guy (knowing that the number 1 guy wouldnt miss out on their number 1 guy) and the number 4 guy even though they only had 1 good draft pick. they in effect got to package up a collection of second and third round draft picks to land an elite talent! Was really smart and was the only example i've seen of a team manipulating the draft effectively. Of course, the team that gave up the number 2 pick probably got pretty good consideration for the number 2 pick (or they should have unless they were too stupid to see the enourmous value of that trade to GWS).

think better 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

In the heat of the game I hadn't noticed how quick he is with his hands.

Once he get the speed of the game he will be a brilliant release player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: