Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dockers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
Yes he did, didn't he.

Oh really? Do you think Yes he did, didn't he?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ Interesting. The ruck stats were clearly in favour of Freo at one point - possibly it was only half-time though.

One of the coaches gave Grundy 3 votes.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Tannin wrote:
^ Interesting. The ruck stats were clearly in favour of Freo at one point - possibly it was only half-time though.

Can't believe Buckley gave Grundy 3 votes. Could only have been Ross Lyon who would have been so disappointed with Griffen's first half.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:55 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Can't believe Buckley gave Grundy 3 votes. Could only have been Ross Lyon who would have been so disappointed with Griffen's first half.

We smashed them in the hitouts, which enabled our midfielders first use of the ball.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Tannin wrote:

We smashed them in the hitouts, which enabled our midfielders first use of the ball.

Don't disagree with any of that. But I don't see how you fit Grundy in the votes when Treloar, Pendlebury and Sidebottom are starring in the midfield.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Treloar has a bit of the Judd's about him, worth every bit of the trade.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Treloar of course was awesome. His ability to will the ball forward from congestion when it looked like only a ball up was possible resulted in many scoring opportunities we had no right to expect. Pendlebury, Adams, Howe and Sidebottom were all very good and Greenwood had a major impact in the first half.

Three players I want to focus on though are: Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott and Maynard. These three are transforming the way we play. They're giving us run and pace that we've lacked for so long. Crisp in particular was excellent, breaking tackles and running through the centre. WHE was a key target from kick ins and really helped us move it forward. Maynard is so much quicker than I'd thought. But most extraordinary is his forward passing: hitting a target on his last 6 forward 50 entries. He's always been a powerful kick but is now showing a finesse that looked beyond him early on (a short kick usually meant a turnover).

These types along with the more mobile defenders in Howe and Goldsack and our mobile forward line are seeing us play a very different game. Gone is the long bomb to the forward line expecting a tall to contest. Instead we are seeing a patient and assured build up, proving we do have the necessary skills. Removing the NQR talls has helped catalyse this change, because bombing is simply not possible. The question now will be whether we can keep it up against better opposition.

It's been a good move to play our best team instead of picking players that aren't good enough just because you're "supposed" to have two tall forwards or defenders.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Wokko wrote:
Treloar has a bit of the Judd's about him, worth every bit of the trade.

More than a bit I reckon.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Treloar of course was awesome. His ability to will the ball forward from congestion when it looked like only a ball up was possible resulted in many scoring opportunities we had no right to expect. Pendlebury, Adams, Howe and Sidebottom were all very good and Greenwood had a major impact in the first half.

Three players I want to focus on though are: Crisp, Hoskin-Elliott and Maynard. These three are transforming the way we play. They're giving us run and pace that we've lacked for so long. Crisp in particular was excellent, breaking tackles and running through the centre. WHE was a key target from kick ins and really helped us move it forward. Maynard is so much quicker than I'd thought. But most extraordinary is his forward passing: hitting a target on his last 6 forward 50 entries. He's always been a powerful kick but is now showing a finesse that looked beyond him early on (a short kick usually meant a turnover).

These types along with the more mobile defenders in Howe and Goldsack and our mobile forward line are seeing us play a very different game. Gone is the long bomb to the forward line expecting a tall to contest. Instead we are seeing a patient and assured build up, proving we do have the necessary skills. Removing the NQR talls has helped catalyse this change, because bombing is simply not possible. The question now will be whether we can keep it up against better opposition.

It's been a good move to play our best team instead of picking players that aren't good enough just because you're "supposed" to have two tall forwards or defenders.

Very astute as usual, esp. re Crisp, Maynard and WHE's strategic impact. trloar is Bronwlow material, I'd have thought.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:15 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Don't disagree with any of that. But I don't see how you fit Grundy in the votes when Treloar, Pendlebury and Sidebottom are starring in the midfield.

When a ruckman does his job both as a tap ruckman AND around the ground, he should be a consideration for votes. He won his position in the hit outs and finished with 21 disposals ( 13 of which were contested and the equal most on the ground ) He effectively played the role equal to a reasonable game for an inside mid as well as rucking. He wasn't BOG but I have no problems with him snagging a few coaches votes.
I thought he was a little fumbly in close on the day but he certainly did some damage despite that.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:09 am

Didn't see any of the game, but just saw Goldies efforts in the last quarter.
OMG, what courage!
If that's how the team played out the game, well maybe they are playing for the coach! Bloody brilliant! go Pies!

Boot 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:54 am

II loved this win in the end but overall I thought it was lucky we were playing a very ordinary Fremantle without there most important player in Sandilands. Terribly bad luck to loose Elliot with what looks to be a long term injury, Wells is going to struggle with calf injuries for the rest of his career, Goldy's shoulder also looked a long term problem. We need Fasolo back to replace Elliot but obviously he is a bit fragile at the moment.
The Demons will be tough coming off a bye. Let's hope they bring there inconsistency to the game again.

Changes for this week;
Out: Elliot, Wells, Goldsack, Greenwood
In: Kirby, Brown, Blair and Schade
Our depth is again being tested and I don't have a lot of faith in Blair or Schade but am hopeful they can rise to play a role in what will be a huge game.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:50 am

Boot wrote:
II loved this win in the end but overall I thought it was lucky we were playing a very ordinary Fremantle without there most important player in Sandilands. Terribly bad luck to loose Elliot with what looks to be a long term injury, Wells is going to struggle with calf injuries for the rest of his career, Goldy's shoulder also looked a long term problem. We need Fasolo back to replace Elliot but obviously he is a bit fragile at the moment.
The Demons will be tough coming off a bye. Let's hope they bring there inconsistency to the game again.

Changes for this week;
Out: Elliot, Wells, Goldsack, Greenwood
In: Kirby, Brown, Blair and Schade
Our depth is again being tested and I don't have a lot of faith in Blair or Schade but am hopeful they can rise to play a role in what will be a huge game.

I reckon Greenwood will get up with 8 days off.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Just watched the replay. Loved the effort and intensity which has improved over the last few weeks. We were better for longer and wanted the win more than freo in the end. But to do it under duress with limited numbers on the bench makes it all the more enjoyable. We'll see quite a few changes I'd imagine this week I'd imagine. Looks like wells is gone for 3-4 weeks if it's his calf. Elliott may miss a month or so depending on the severity of his ankle injury. Greenwood should get up but Goldsack looks like he needs a brand new shoulder. On the downside though, our kicking for goal is still really terrible and basically what let freo back in the game. We need to capitalise on our opportunities in front of goal. There's simply no excuse for strolling into an open goal with minimal pressure and missing. Fix this and we'd be able to put a lot of sides to the sword.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:27 pm

give it to De Goey and he will De Goals!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: