Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dockers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMagpie wrote:
OUT: Wells inj, Elliott inj, Goldsack inj,

IN: Brown, Kirby, Schade

Crocker may get a reprieve, if not Blair comes in for him to add some experience.

Goldy will play, hes as tough as old boots. Yes, play Kirby now, Brown, and I'm expecting son of daics to get a game soon. Incidentally, when will varcoe be back on deck. Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:41 pm

Dockers only scored five goals in total from their three tall forwards and the Mundy / Fyfe rotation. Thought our back six were brilliant. Dunn, Howe, Scharenberg and Goldy all played undersized and took them to the cleaners.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
OUT: Wells inj, Elliott inj, Goldsack inj,

IN: Brown, Kirby, Schade

Crocker may get a reprieve, if not Blair comes in for him to add some experience.

Goldy will play, hes as tough as old boots. Yes, play Kirby now, Brown, and I'm expecting son of daics to get a game soon. Incidentally, when will varcoe be back on deck. Question

30 May report said 3-4 weeks.

Goldy damaged his scapula (?), the look on Bucks' face made me think surgery or longer term.

If a fracture: Most fractures of the body of the scapula are treated without surgery. Ice is used for swelling, and pain medications are used for pain control. The shoulder is immobilized in a shoulder sling for 3-4 weeks until the pain goes away. per Dr Google

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:55 pm

Out: Wells, Goldy, Elliott, Crocker

In: Shade, Mayne, Kirby, Brown
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:58 pm

A good win but kicking efficiency still rubbish. Treloar gets good breakaways from the centre but his disposal is generally a waste and leads to too many turnovers. He needs to concentrate as much on his disposal as he does on his dodging and weaving. Getting the ball is one thing - doing something useful with it is another.
Adams' disposal is unreliable. Maynard's kickjng is not reliable either - like the girl with the curl, when he is good he is very good but when he is bad he is horrid.
Handball is too panicky - too often handballing to a man surrounded by opponents - Pendlebury being the exception. He should be running clinics on how not to panic and either handball long or short, or to the wrong bloke.
Howe is a standout down back - we wouldn't have won a game had he not been there.
Moore's improvement is becoming measurable, week by week. We have one there.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 am

Greening gold wrote:
A good win but kicking efficiency still rubbish.

Gg, do you realise 19 of our players topped 75% DE, with 7 over 80%

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:42 am

Donny wrote:
Greening gold wrote:
A good win but kicking efficiency still rubbish.

Gg, do you realise 19 of our players topped 75% DE, with 7 over 80%

Yes,that's 75% DE but not 75% KE.
9/10 handballs stick that's why our DE is so high, kicking is woeful
35reasons 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:09 am

Good call. Although you don't need to measure our KE, you just need to watch to realise it's been below par all year. Improve that and we'll win more than we lose.
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:52 am

Gotta chime in before knocking off for the day.
A brilliant feeling being at the game today. Collingwood wins in Perth are worth the wait. This one had all the grit and courage you hope to see. Loved what Buck's said about the team after the game.
Looking forward to a new stadium, this one is crap. We need more seats for Collingwood members here. The queue to join up must go to Margaret River by now, it's been capped for that long.
Big thankyou all round to Collingwood for a great weekend. With the preseason trip to Mandurah as well, I'm going to cherish 2017.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:02 am

It's got to be all positive after this win. It's a gutsy win and one that got my heart pumping after a few years of being idle and just ticking over. I'm enjoying this one.
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:29 am

Great win. Huge challenge for next week.

One comment on some views - it is better not to judge players especially young players on one performance. Crocker has shown ability last year. First game back and did little but kicked a key goal. That shows he was mentally in the game. AFL is a step up from VFL and it takes games to adjust to it. Look at Elliott's first game back which was no good.

Grundy is clearly tired and had some poor handling and disposal but dig deep and played a fine last qtr.

Scharenberg is an iceman - kicking is outstanding and will build and build with experience and gaining confidence in his body.

In fairness to the coaches they are getting the team to play to its strengths now with much better forward 50 entries.

The best signs I have seen for 5 years - if we can snag a win next week we are a better than 50% chance of finals

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:33 am

ROB wrote:
Great win. For mine - I thought our backline was less poised than in previous two weeks but came through. I thought Grundy had a bit of a shocker - let's hope it was his one for the year. Moore plays just like his old man - only better - he has a magnificent leap for the ruck and can basically push the pill into our rovers throats - bit better at this than Grundy today. Broomhead is the weakest link in my opinion but noting injuries, will retain his spot. Crocker was ordinary but may need a week or two to get back in the groove. Ramsay is a worry but is needed. With need for two, maybe three injury replacements needed, it will be tough to beat Melbourne next week. So who comes in, Mayne for the experience and what he has to offer if on song. The injury list doesn't offer anyone up - Varcoe and co will not be ready until after the bye by the looks. Brown? Cox? Maybe Blair has to come back in. Maybe Fasolo is ready to come back already?

I agree with 2 points. Grundy's around the ground play was woeful and almost cost us the game on a couple of occasions ,although I will temper that observation and say his ruck work was dominant and impeccable and Broomhead seems way out of his depth, particularly when in tight and his disposal is poor.Apart rom that the boys showed tremendous heart and courage, none more exemplified by Goldy at the end when he kept the ball in our forward line allowing Crocker to seal the deal.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:20 am

mudlark wrote:
Grundy's around the ground play was woeful and almost cost us the game on a couple of occasions, although I will temper that observation and say his ruck work was dominant and impeccable

Really? The stats late in the game had Freo ahead on hitouts, even though they lost their champion ruckman before the game and had to bring in a second-stringer as an emergency.

Genuine query. I haven't seen the game yet and am only going off the radio call and stats, but it seems that Grundy rucked poorly.

I more-or-less anticipated difficulty there as soon as I heard that Sandilands was out. Faced with rucking against the man mountain, you build yourself up, think hard, study video, prepare for the supreme challenge of AFL ruck craft. Suddenly you are only faced with a second stringer. Easy game! Ka-pow! You put in a poor one. Same thing happens to whole teams approaching "gimmie" games against weak sides.

(I have a rule-of-thumb about easy games. Once in a while, the result is so clear that the radio guys are unanimous with their tips. I hate that! You can just about guarantee a loss when the experts [i]all
tip one side! Yesterday was a bit of a scare: everyone tipped Collingwood to win until the last one. Phew! Tipsters 5:1 = good chance of a win. Tipsters 6:0 = plan on taking Monday off to avoid the jeers of your workmates.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:26 am

42 hitouts to 28 and the Freo star midfielders basically didn't touch the ball. I want him dropped.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:37 am

^ Interesting. The ruck stats were clearly in favour of Freo at one point - possibly it was only half-time though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: