Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone understand that Roos has been signed for the next 2?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Personally my view would be in the absolutely minority here but that has never stopped me posting before so here goes.

1. I would sign Bucks up for two years today because I think he is on the cusp of building a very good team although the results don't show the extent. However most of the losses have been "reasonably close", like no loss over 100 points etc.

2. IF we are to change coaches, I don't ever see the benefit of appointing yet another coach without senior experience at AFL level.

3. I would always continue to be a Collingwood fanatic irrespective of who they appoint as coach (IF they DO replace Buck's) and I can’t for the world of me understand these posters who pray for losses because they have an hidden agenda of continuing to make Buck's season coaching record as bad as possible to align with and to justify their views of replacing him.

4. I live in country Bendigo and I heartily agree with your view of fresh air! However I let others breathe as they see fit and not my role to interfere in their breathing business. My regular catch phrase is "to each their own"

5. If all else fails and as a very last resort, look only for a coach with senior experience under his or her belt, NOT yet another rookie coach.

To your third point, I don't want to win another game as I have made the decision our list is just not good enough. We may not need a full rebuild, there are plenty of positives but the complete lack of a spine and poor skilled Small's are what's killing us. We need to recruit good young players to fix this gap and can only do that with the best draft pick available. my opinion is Bucks is done, but there is no point in this list finishing as high as possible when it is not going to compete with the top 4 sides! Better off finishing last and getting that second draft pick.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 am

Lazza wrote:
Personally my view would be in the absolutely minority here but that has never stopped me posting before so here goes.

1. I would sign Bucks up for two years today because I think he is on the cusp of building a very good team although the results don't show the extent. However most of the losses have been "reasonably close", like no loss over 100 points etc.

2. IF we are to change coaches, I don't ever see the benefit of appointing yet another coach without senior experience at AFL level.

3. I would always continue to be a Collingwood fanatic irrespective of who they appoint as coach (IF they DO replace Buck's) and I can’t for the world of me understand these posters who pray for losses because they have an hidden agenda of continuing to make Buck's season coaching record as bad as possible to align with and to justify their views of replacing him.

4. I live in country Bendigo and I heartily agree with your view of fresh air! However I let others breathe as they see fit and not my role to interfere in their breathing business. My regular catch phrase is "to each their own"

5. If all else fails and as a very last resort, look only for a coach with senior experience under his or her belt, NOT yet another rookie coach.

I would argue a level four assistant coach with 10 years experience in the box at senior level is a long long way from rookie status. Untried at the helm yes, but a long way from being wet behind the ears.

Also note i stated IF we couldn't land a Roos type with senior experience, then they would be my options.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:58 am

Haff wrote:
Lazza wrote:

To your third point, I don't want to win another game as I have made the decision our list is just not good enough. We may not need a full rebuild, there are plenty of positives but the complete lack of a spine and poor skilled Small's are what's killing us. We need to recruit good young players to fix this gap and can only do that with the best draft pick available. my opinion is Bucks is done, but there is no point in this list finishing as high as possible when it is not going to compete with the top 4 sides! Better off finishing last and getting that second draft pick.

Except you destroy morale and confidence going into 2018.

And then you use pick 1 and 5 years later pick 4 becomes the gun you wanted and wished you'd picked.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Brian Taylor reckons it could well be Roos, in his opinion, Ross is still hungry for coaching. Make of that what you will.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Brian Taylor reckons it could well be Roos, in his opinion, Ross is still hungry for coaching. Make of that what you will.

I've heard him say that too, so conflicting messages here... but you can understand why Roos would deny anything at this point. My gut says it will be Roos, but I just don't know.. like anyone else who isn't right in Eddies back pocket I guess.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:47 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Haff wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Except you destroy morale and confidence going into 2018.

And then you use pick 1 and 5 years later pick 4 becomes the gun you wanted and wished you'd picked.

Yep, agreed, lose all our remaining games, and morale is literally shot to pieces, and our young kids are sapped of any confidence long term. I have no time whatsoever for these so called barrackers, who wish losses on our club, no time at all, its pathetic and peahearted yellow backed cowardice, pure an simple, real fans don't wish for defeats, no matter what. Carlton tanked, to get Judd, and it all blew up in their faces, they got Judd, but also a wooden spoon, and they got no flag at all, in fact, it destroyed them for years, they are only coming out of the tanking debacle now. Get real, and grow a set you yellow backers, grow up. Rolling Eyes

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:56 pm

I want us to win our remaining 7 games and Bucks to get a 3 yr contract extension....but that's just me I guess. Cool
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I want us to win our remaining 7 games and Bucks to get a 3 yr contract extension....but that's just me I guess. Cool

I want us to be in the best position to win our next premiership.

That being said, imo, that means possibly losing the next 7 games (or at least enough to come 17th), and replacing the coach at years end with the best possible coaching candidate money can buy.

Lutts 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

I hope we win 5-6 of the remaining games, with no big loses. Yes we will finish just outside the 8 but this has been a very even season and we have shown we can match it will ALL other teams this year. We just haven't got the wins.
If we had of won some of those tight games then Buck's position would not be in doubt.
Give him a one year extension.
Just think Malthouse was on his last chance, then we won the flag.
Chris Scott was on his last chance, then Geelong won the flag.
Hardwick was on his last chance, and now Richmond (bloody RICHMOND) look likely to play finals (perhaps I am getting carried away here).

I don't think we are too far off the mark. Work hard on ball delivery in the off season. Imagine how many games we would have won with better disposal. The effort/workrate is there from the players, they just need to reduce the turnovers.

Keep Bucks.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Lutts wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I hope we win 5-6 of the remaining games, with no big loses. Yes we will finish just outside the 8 but this has been a very even season and we have shown we can match it will ALL other teams this year. We just haven't got the wins.
If we had of won some of those tight games then Buck's position would not be in doubt.
Hardwick was on his last chance, and now Richmond (bloody RICHMOND) look likely to play finals (perhaps I am getting carried away here).

I don't think we are too far off the mark. Work hard on ball delivery in the off season. Imagine how many games we would have won with better disposal. The effort/workrate is there from the players, they just need to reduce the turnovers.

Keep Bucks.

The problem is highly efficient kicking, excellent decision making and retaining the ball under pressure is the hardest set of skills to master. The worst teams are the worst at it. Go to training and we look skilful. Go to our matches and we can't do it under pressure.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Lutts wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Keep Bucks.

Good points, well said, common sense is always welcome. Wink

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Chris Scott won a flag in year 1, hardly his last chance.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:56 am

I'd love Collingwood to win every game for the rest of the year, but I'm also a realist and on the first 16 rounds there is Buckleys of it happening and that is because of the coach.

Add a couple of gun youngsters, a new coach to this current list and we should play finals next year
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:00 am

Just a mention that Eddie was on Fox Footy tonight, with Paul Roos, and both said there had been no contact or discussions.

Roos hasn't been signed for two years, or at all.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/eddie-mcguire-slams-hysteria-around-nathan-buckleys-future-defends-collingwood-coach/news-story/d95a82483cc2e40f2951c24ebcc16ab5
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:48 am

If Buckley doesn't go, Eddie must.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: