Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone understand that Roos has been signed for the next 2?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We really don't want Roos coaching in my opinion. Need New blood or Clarkson if it was possible. Roos only cares about the $ apparently
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:31 am

Is there any solid evidence to this rumour?
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:59 am

ilovenathanbuckley said
Quote:
We really don't want Roos coaching in my opinion. Need New blood or Clarkson if it was possible. Roos only cares about the $ apparently

Some of us never wanted Buckley either because, oh silly us, we thought it was:
a Dr Phil moment - what were you thinkin' boy?
a Gareth Evans moment - it seemed like a good idea at the time.
it would only end in tears...
We really, really wanted Barassi or Tuddenham instead of Neil Mann back in 1971...

So we supported our coach though the nightmare at the SCG, the perfect first half by Geelong, the nearly wins against Hawthorn, the finals renaissance of Port and nearly playing finals for 4 years...

I have said before that a premiership for this club is the hardest thing in football, after all the near misses. So we have to get it right. If Eddie chooses to save his butt by getting a proven coach so be it.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:

I agree with that.

I thought it was strange in the negotiating period for him to coach Melbourne, that he was effectively saying through the media that "I am not interested in coaching again and I won't be until they offer me enough money".

I have a Melbourne supporting mate that says that Roos never bought into coaching the Dees.

I thought it strange that in his pressers he continually referred to "Melbourne" and not "we" which was a giveaway of what he was thinking.

If the rumours are true I hope he wants too much money for an agreement to be concluded.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:27 am

35forever wrote:

1/It's the best possible move CFC could make. What Roos is good at is lifting sides mentally, he's a highly intelligent guy, and knows what guys need (and that they are individuals!)

I disagree.
Last season, second last game, Melbourne had to beat Carlton to make finals and lost. Last game against Geelong they lost by the biggest ever margin in Roos Coaching career. I don't think he changed much of the mental culture at all.

He was there for the money "all care and no responsibility"

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 pm

FAKE news, according to President Trump, who has just tweeted that Roos rumours are totally outa line, fake, and not to be regarded as fact.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:02 pm

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
35forever wrote:

1/It's the best possible move CFC could make. What Roos is good at is lifting sides mentally, he's a highly intelligent guy, and knows what guys need (and that they are individuals!)

I disagree.
Last season, second last game, Melbourne had to beat Carlton to make finals and lost. Last game against Geelong they lost by the biggest ever margin in Roos Coaching career. I don't think he changed much of the mental culture at all.

YES ! I don't want Roos, he didn't do the Deees any real power of good, made them some kinda defensive boring unit, and that last game v the cats did it for me, no way do I want this football mercenary now. I also think its just crap, eddie would never do that to Bucks, he may be thinking about post Bucks, if we have a poor second half of the season, but hed never sneak around behind his back like that, he thinks the world of Bucks. Just pub news, by some pissed as a fart journo, I reckon. Confused

Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Agreed. No thanks.

Could not watch a defensive mindset Collingwood team, we are frustrating enough to watch as it is, let alone having to consistently yell out 'move the f**king ball!' at a game under Roos.

If Buckley is not coach, i'd want Dew or Carracella to be given a crack.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Ev5Magpies wrote:
Agreed. No thanks.

Could not watch a defensive mindset Collingwood team, we are frustrating enough to watch as it is, let alone having to consistently yell out 'move the f**king ball!' at a game under Roos.

If Buckley is not coach, i'd want Dew or Carracella to be given a crack.

I Agree with this!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:05 pm

35forever wrote:
Frankly,way too good to be true, plus Roos has said he won't take a role where the incumbent is unaware or being 'screwed'. (he might see it that way, but I believe Bucks has harmed the club for a good while by not taking any responsibility and not resigning after 2013). It will take someone great to get real confidence back into this side.

If by some faint chance it's true (he does like a challenge, particularly where he sees a good list poorly led), then I will be a very very happy camper indeed, nearly as happy as when I heard Ed had signed Malthouse, even though I was heartbroken for Shawry.

2/He has a great record, and even if he's not the best coach on earth it don't matter, most people think he's great, and our list is excellent, they just lack confidence. He would see that this is a no brainer.

3/It’s the only way Eddie could survive the Buckley Catastrophe. If he gets an assistant or a 'standard' coach people would ask why he isn't leaving with Bucks.

4/ It actually allows the possibility (though remote given Buckley's ego) that Buck's could stay. I'd be happy if Roos took over for 2-3 years while Buckley stays as "training coach", or even "co-coach"... Whatever. If he then learns how to coach match days, which he didn’t at all under MM, he might get the senior role back, but yeah, unlikely.

5/ It means one of the best young would-be coaches comes in to be the 'heir'. You couldn’t have a Bomber T or someone like that come in as an "apprentice", and it would be a plum job for any young guy taking over a team brought back to their best by "Mister Fixit".

6/ Roos is well aware that bringing a Collingwood side full of talent, and with unlimited resources back to the pointy end of the finals would make him a legend of the game par excellence, and his next gig would cost way more expensive. He says 2 years, but if he got us up there in contention after 2, he'd hang around try for another flag. It's hard to be up there with the greatest with only the one flag under his belt, that leaves him alongside Alan Joyce & (God help him) Chris Scott.

Get it done and I'll forgive you for the spectacular clusterf*ck that was the succession Ed. Give Bucks another contract & I'll hunt you down with a scattergun loaded with Green baby poop!

I don't buy it at all, but I pray to Allah, Buddha, Kali, and Odin that its true.

NO way Roos, has a totally defensive mindset, did sweet bugger all for the Dees really, never made finals under him, do you forget that fact. His last game was a utter disaster, the Dees lost by over 100 points in his biggest drubbing, no thanks, if Bucks goes, its Ratten or Dew for me, not this mercenary Roos, hes past it anyway. Confused

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Its Bucks who has signed on for the next 2. Wink
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:03 am

And also "apparently", according to the mother of a former player I was talking to, he can be quite ruthless in dressing down young players behind closed doors.

It would be hoped that the board had a lengthy chat with Jeremy Howe before appointing Roos.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 am

Piesnchess wrote:
35forever wrote:

I disagree.

YES ! I don't want Roos, he didn't do the Deees any real power of good, made them some kinda defensive boring unit, and that last game v the cats did it for me, no way do I want this football mercenary now. I also think its just crap, eddie would never do that to Bucks, he may be thinking about post Bucks, if we have a poor second half of the season, but hed never sneak around behind his back like that, he thinks the world of Bucks. Just pub news, by some pissed as a fart journo, I reckon. Confused

he coached that team during the rebuild so that he could set the next guy up for success. He dramatically changed the culture. The dees look really healthy now AND stable. Do you remember where they were when he agreed to take them over?

The job of rebuilding a team is thankless and nearly no coach survives it because fans simply don't have the patience and look only to win loss record and finals appearances in judging a coach.

Leigh Matthews once famously said "show me the man coaching the best group of players and i'll show you a great coach". He was referring more to the way coaches are judged rather than what actuially makes a good coach.

By the way, some coaches are better suited to rebuilds while others are better suited to coaching great teams. Phil Jackson for example, could never coach a crap side, but is widely considered one of the genius coaches of all time. Having Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq I'm sure had nothing to do with it.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:03 am

35forever wrote:

I disagree.

I'm no great advocate of Roos coaching Collingwood but to dismiss his record at Melbourne over their last two losses is missing the point that without buy in from Roos (who had effectively resigned), the players had nothing to play for.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:08 am

PyreneesPie wrote:

And also "apparently", according to the mother of a former player I was talking to, he can be quite ruthless in dressing down young players behind closed doors.

It would be hoped that the board had a lengthy chat with Jeremy Howe before appointing Roos.

My impression was Howe's defection to Collingwood had more to do with money, wanting to playing a forward role and proximity of Gorsuch park to Holden centre than it had to do with the coach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: