Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Lions - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
I know for a fact the players don't like him. Ever thought to yourself there playing to do well for there career? You do care because it will kill you to be wrong about the coach. You prob have a thing for him

Then the players are doing a great job of hiding their dislike of Buckley at training . Or perhaps, taking you at your word, the players you heard about complaining about Buckley had been dropped from the team and were expressing their disappointment.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:11 am

RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Goldsack nearly singlehandledly cost us the Richmond game. He nearly singlehandledly brought Sydney back into the game in round 3.

Outside of these two games, where he cost us 8 goals, his fumbling at ground level and marking have cost us at least another 10 goals across the other 7 games. Today was the first game this season that his poor disposal, fumbling or bad decisions did not cost us a goal.

Don't get me wrong, Goldy is one of my favourite players, but he is nowhere near the level that he once was.

Credit where credit is due, he had a great game today, a game like he used to play week in week out 5 years ago. Great contests, no fumbling, excellent disposal and smart decisions. However, at 30 years of age, for mine he is just keeping the chair warm for Langdon for when he is match fit.

As I sometimes say to my musician friends, "you're so far off the key, you may as well be locked out". Seriously, if you don't recognise that Goldsack is in the best and most consistent form of his entire career then one of us is watching different games. He's been fantastic all year and has thrived with the extra responsibility of having to play as a true KPP in the absence of Reid. I thought he was finished as a player last year, but if he maintains his current form, he will get a well deserved contract extension at the end of this season.

Yep he's on song Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:15 am

think positive wrote:
Gees I only got to see the bit where side combined with faz for a goal and faz laid a decent tackle. By this thread you'd swear we got slaughtered! (PS wow on that crowd! Was it a crap day? My daught er took a friend with my legends membership so that's 2 if em!!

The crowd was what I expected today. We were never going to get a high crowd considering the opponent we were playing and the predicted weather forecast prior to the match.

When we played Brisbane in late 2014 at the MCG (the last time we played them here before today), we nearly got the same crowd that night as we did today, so I'm a little surprised that some supporters are surprised by the crowd figure.

We actually got lower crowds last year against teams such as Port Adelaide in round 10 (28,000), Fremantle in round 14 (20,000) and Gold Coast in round 22 (17,000).

In regards to the weather, it rained heavily in the second quarter, but apart from that, there wasn't as much rain as I initially anticipated.

Last edited by Jezza on Mon May 29, 2017 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:16 am

That last Jamie Elliott goal just tipped our percentage over the 100 mark.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Mon May 29, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:16 am

That's probably the most uninspiring 45 point win I've ever seen. I had to do the maths a couple of times after the game, to make sure it was actually 45 points. It sure didn't feel like it. Our misses in front of goal sap confidence from the whole team. I blame our conversion for affecting our all-round game.

Sadly we don't have many in the side with any goal sense. We are severely lacking in class. We're like a good soccer side that has no decent strikers that take their chances. It's no secret that in soccer strikers are the ones that get paid the big $$.
30m out dead in front, and it's almost predictable that we'll kick a point.

Just going through the list, these are the players that I feel can be dangerous around goal:
- Pendles
- Wells
- Elliott
- DeGoey. Some good touches and decisions. Lacking in confidence, especially his marking. Go for your marks kid.
- Sidey. Spends too much time on the half back line just going around in circles. Needs to be getting the ball inside our forward 50.
- Kirby
- Daicos
- Smith..lovely set shot kick
- Varcoe. Missed him badly
- WHE. I'd like to try him as a permanent half-forward

Conversely, these guys need to go to kicking school:

- Adams..love his contested work, but his kicking is like sheizehnhousen. Like seriously, if he was actually working on his kicking, we'd have seen a different action by now...even if that meant his kicking became worse. Like a golf swing that needs fixing, you may need to go backwards to go forwards. What I've seen from Adams is the same hackster action...nothing ever changes.
I admit I've gone hard on Tay, but only because it frustrates me no end to see what an awesome player he'd be if he could improve his kicking.
- Moore..the the karate-kid stance after he kicks it with both arms in the air...wtf?
- Greenwood..best word I can come up with for his kicking action is..agricultural. Last week's 55m goal was plucked from his ar#e. I'm sure of it. Personally, I'd play him as a tagger-only.
- Fas. Today I saw that he was holding the ball all wrong in his set shots. He was holding it with the palms facing each other and the point of the ball pointing straight down, similar to Gunston. Don't know where he got this from but I can't recall seeing it before. If it came from our coaches I'd be doubly mad. Seriously dude.
- Phillips. Kicking action looks mostly ok, but he has no power in his kicking, and absolutely sh#ts himself in front of goals. He generally doesn't play with any power either. Maybe getting tired and needs a spell. Progressing well, but clearly needs more gym time.
- Broomy..enigma. Is he too small/weak to play at AFL standard? Doesn't give the impression he wants it badly enough. I'm not questioning his skills, but he just seems to miss simple shots dead in front. Confidence/nerves? Prepared to play him in the seniors for a few more weeks, just in case that break-out game comes out of nowhere.
- Blair..We have players in his position in the 2's that are a vast improvement on the Blair model. Time to play them to see what they bring to the big stage.

We played in fits and spurts, with little cohesion. I can't see us clicking any time soon. You never know. The next 2 weeks will tell a tale, that's for sure.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:23 am

^

This is a post worth reading!!!!!

Sandman says 10/10

I feel we could do a lot worse than bringing in Casbolt/Rocca

Last edited by Number 35 on Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 am

bally12 wrote:
DeGoey. Some good touches and decisions. [there are very few 'good' touches - unless the ball is paddled to advantage. Generally, it means the player didn't handle the ball well enough to dispose of it successfully. It's not a stat]

- Adams..love his contested work, but his kicking is like sheizehnhousen. Like seriously, if he was actually working on his kicking, we'd have seen a different action by now...even if that meant his kicking became worse. Like a golf swing that needs fixing, you may need to go backwards to go forwards. What I've seen from Adams is the same hackster action...nothing ever changes.
I admit I've gone hard on Tay, but only because it frustrates me no end to see what an awesome player he'd be if he could improve his kicking.

Are you aware Adams' DE was 79% today ? A touch better than Pendles and Treloar.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Mon May 29, 2017 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:27 am

^

except the Taylor Adams part.

He man handled Hodge/Beams, and tackles like he is breaking stones

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:28 am

bally12 wrote:
That's probably the most uninspiring 45 point win I've ever seen. I had to do the maths a couple of times after the game, to make sure it was actually 45 points. It sure didn't feel like it. Our misses in front of goal sap confidence from the whole team. I blame our conversion for affecting our all-round game.

Sadly we don't have many in the side with any goal sense. We are severely lacking in class. We're like a good soccer side that has no decent strikers that take their chances. It's no secret that in soccer strikers are the ones that get paid the big $$.
30m out dead in front, and it's almost predictable that we'll kick a point.

Just going through the list, these are the players that I feel can be dangerous around goal:
- Pendles
- Wells
- Elliott
- DeGoey. Some good touches and decisions. Lacking in confidence, especially his marking. Go for your marks kid.
- Sidey. Spends too much time on the half back line just going around in circles. Needs to be getting the ball inside our forward 50.
- Kirby
- Daicos
- Smith..lovely set shot kick
- Varcoe. Missed him badly
- WHE. I'd like to try him as a permanent half-forward

Conversely, these guys need to go to kicking school:

- Moore..the the karate-kid stance after he kicks it with both arms in the air...wtf?
- Greenwood..best word I can come up with for his kicking action is..agricultural. Last week's 55m goal was plucked from his ar#e. I'm sure of it. Personally, I'd play him as a tagger-only.
- Fas. Today I saw that he was holding the ball all wrong in his set shots. He was holding it with the palms facing each other and the point of the ball pointing straight down, similar to Gunston. Don't know where he got this from but I can't recall seeing it before. If it came from our coaches I'd be doubly mad. Seriously dude.
- Phillips. Kicking action looks mostly ok, but he has no power in his kicking, and absolutely sh#ts himself in front of goals. He generally doesn't play with any power either. Maybe getting tired and needs a spell. Progressing well, but clearly needs more gym time.
- Broomy..enigma. Is he too small/weak to play at AFL standard? Doesn't give the impression he wants it badly enough. I'm not questioning his skills, but he just seems to miss simple shots dead in front. Confidence/nerves? Prepared to play him in the seniors for a few more weeks, just in case that break-out game comes out of nowhere.
- Blair..We have players in his position in the 2's that are a vast improvement on the Blair model. Time to play them to see what they bring to the big stage.

We played in fits and spurts, with little cohesion. I can't see us clicking any time soon. You never know. The next 2 weeks will tell a tale, that's for sure.

Pretty much agree with most of that.

However, the reason why I wasn't excited by the 45 points win was because it really should have been 95 points. This is the sole reason we are 12th instead of 4th right now. If we'd been more accurate we'd have beaten the Bulldogs, Giants and Tigers.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:31 am

Donny wrote:
bally12 wrote:
DeGoey. Some good touches and decisions. [there are very few 'good' touches - unless the ball is paddled to advantage. Generally, it means the player didn't handle the ball well enough to dispose of it successfully. It's not a stat]

Are you aware his DE was @ 79% today ?

Stats don't tell the whole picture. It's easy to do safe 20m kicks sideways to a free man. That snap for goal was pretty ordinary.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:18 am

mooretreloar wrote:
By the way ilovenathanbuckley, how is your assertion that the team is not playing for Buckley going after the Hawthorn game. You were conspicuous with your absence after this win.

Another example of your lack of understanding of the game.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:53 am

mooretreloar wrote:
I have no doubt some players do not like him and I guarantee it is the same for all coaches in the league.

That's a very big statement to make.

I can think of one very prominent ex coach that does not like him, but where is your evidence that all of the coaches in the league do not like Buckley?
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:13 am

^ I would assume that Moore Treloar was suggesting that in every club there would be some players that would have a frosty relationship with the coach. It can happen for a number of reasons, be it for a clash of personalities or the coach not really rating the player etc.

Not that other AFL coaches do not like Buckley.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 am

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ I would assume that Moore Treloar was suggesting that in every club there would be some players that would have a frosty relationship with the coach. It can happen for a number of reasons, be it for a clash of personalities or the coach not really rating the player etc.

Not that other AFL coaches do not like Buckley.

I have played team sports, including football, so I understand how the coach/player dynamic works. I suspect that Mooretreloar has never played sport, or at least never played a team sport.

Why assume what he meant? Mooretreloar has said that he carefully considers everything that he posts, so what he posted must be what he intended to say.

As an aside, I suspect that you are Mooretreloar posting under another name, and frequently agreeing with yourself.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:42 am

I am happy with a 45 point win. The lions have been in many games this year and we regained control after losing momentum in the third.
Just the two changes from last week kept the side familiar and it worked.

Not happy with our goal kicking.
Not happy with Blair, It really is time to go to the VFL forever.

Not sure the smaller forward line is the answer. A quick high ball in is not the way Fasolo and Elliot want to play. They are good leading players. It was noticeable when Moore was on the bench in the third that we had no tall targets in the forward line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: