Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Lions - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldie has said publicly this is his best year. Mooretrealor would probably argue with that too.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:15 am

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Goldsack nearly singlehandledly cost us the Richmond game. He nearly singlehandledly brought Sydney back into the game in round 3.

Outside of these two games, where he cost us 8 goals, his fumbling at ground level and marking have cost us at least another 10 goals across the other 7 games. Today was the first game this season that his poor disposal, fumbling or bad decisions did not cost us a goal.

Don't get me wrong, Goldy is one of my favourite players, but he is nowhere near the level that he once was.

Credit where credit is due, he had a great game today, a game like he used to play week in week out 5 years ago. Great contests, no fumbling, excellent disposal and smart decisions. However, at 30 years of age, for mine he is just keeping the chair warm for Langdon for when he is match fit.

Again you prove to me you have no idea. You pull out stats like some nerd journo and pretend you have a clue. Fact is the coach and his team mates have him in the top 5 picked every week. He is a completely different player to Langdon so to compare them is laughable. Don't respond with there height either and they play in the same area on the ground blah blah blah. Nerd with stats in front of you

This again, you have tried to argue this with me before. If you think Langdon and Goldsack play different positions, you have no understanding of the game, which by your posts it appears to be the case. In fact, Langdon kept Goldsack out of the team in 2015 and 2016 before he was injured because they play the same position.

I don't have any stats in front of me, it is called a memory, of which I have an extremely good one.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Mon May 29, 2017 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 am

By the way ilovenathanbuckley, how is your assertion that the team is not playing for Buckley going after the Hawthorn game. You were conspicuous with your absence after this win.

Another example of your lack of understanding of the game.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:26 am

mooretreloar wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
Unsure why all the angst. A 45 point win and we didn't get out of 2nd gear.

39 scoring shots to 19, very positive. 72 inside 50's, very positive. So, we really should have won by 80+ points.

Set shot goal kicking not up to par again, but at least we were getting shots. Hopefully, we can kick straight next week and for the remainder of the season, as if we can, we will many games.

The Sidey debate. His disposal in the first half for a player of his ability was very poor. I think the frustrating thing is he does so many mercurial things that it is hard to make sense of the basic skill errors he makes. His disposal in the second half was far better, as was his impact on the game. For mine, he wasn't in the best 5 players on the ground.

As per my post in the pre game thread, selection of late has me baffled. I am not sure why we are playing Blair, when there a number of better, younger alternatives in the 2's. Crocker should come in for him next week.

Freo are very much beatable. If Sandilands plays, it is a 50/50 game. If he doesn't play, we will win comfortably.

I read with interest the comments about Moore being our only key forward target. Terry Wallace had this to say during the week, I will paraphrase. Collingwood took a long time this season to get their forward line structure right, but they did against Hawthorn. In the earlier rounds, Collingwood played a player as their 2nd forward that is not good enough, White, and then played a player as their 2nd forward who is not at AFL standard yet, Cox. They were trying to create something that isn't there, so it is far better to play a smaller forward line and play a smaller player that is going to have a much bigger impact on the game. As a result, the forward line will and did function far better.

Just wondering which of our small forwards does better job than Cox and White. Blair? Fasolo? And of course Terry Wallace would know. He did a great job as Richmond coach didn't he? Considering how good our forward line now is without Cox and White, I'm wondering why we didn't kick 50 goals considering the number of forward entries we had.

I agree with Wallace, as does the reigning premiership coach, who this week dropped two key forwards in Cloke and Redpath, so he could play a smaller, mobile and dynamic forward line.

I have posted here before and will do so again now, the modern game is trending towards smaller, mobile players playing as talls both in attack and defence. Posters here need to start to recognise this fact.

Cox is a liability if he doesn't mark it, he can't put any pressure on the opposition and the ball continually rebounds out. Blair for all his flaws is the better option because at least he can pressure the opposition when the ball hits the ground.

White was stiff to be dropped after the St Kilda game. He had a good year last year and should be given another chance when his hammy is healed. However, he is not really a key forward and if he comes back in he should play as a high half forward and use his pace and agility.

The player that needs to be considered in a smaller, mobile and dynamic forward line is Mayne. He played as a 2nd tall behind Pavlich for a number of years at Freo. For mine he is a far better option than Cox or White.

No argument from me about Mayne. How on earth Mayne can't get a game ahead of Blair in our forward line is beyond belief. And no way of putting his name forward to play against his old side next week. Should add the reigning premiers dropped two talls for one tall (English) and a small. We replace three talls (Reid, Schade, Cox/White) for a medium and two smalls. There is a big difference between the structures of the Bulldogs side and the Collingwood side.

Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Mon May 29, 2017 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:28 am

Haha you have No idea!
The coach is gone, nothing will save him. I'm just happy the boys get to enjoy a couple of wins without listening to Nathan's crap. There will be plenty more wins next year with a coach the players might like.
My understanding of the game isn't to bad by the way
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:31 am

2 in a row. Happy. Tick.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:34 am

Unlike you, I am not fussed if he is or isn't the coach next year, but the argument put forward by you and others that they do not play for him, if there was ever any doubt, has been put to bed for good after the Hawthorn game.

If they did not want him as coach, they would have not tried in the second half of that game, got smashed and this would have basically finished his coaching career at Collingwood. The players in fact did the opposite.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:36 am

@ mooretreloar

Unlike you, I am not fussed if he is or isn't the coach next year, but the argument put forward by you and others that they do not play for him, if there was ever any doubt, has been put to bed for good after the Hawthorn game.

If they did not want him as coach, they would have not tried in the second half of that game, got smashed and this would have basically finished his coaching career at Collingwood. The players in fact did the opposite.

^
No turds? If you want to learn from a good coach, Go book a meeting with Antonio Conte. Alex ferg is washed up now...

Last edited by Number 35 on Mon May 29, 2017 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:36 am

^ ilovenathanbuckley

I'm guessing you are what commentators commonly refer to as the lunatic fringe.

ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:38 am

I know for a fact the players don't like him. Ever thought to yourself there playing to do well for there career? You do care because it will kill you to be wrong about the coach. You prob have a thing for him
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:40 am

@ilovenathanbuckey

Your a bit late, should i UNVEIL you too...

ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:42 am

You do whatever you need to do my friend.. keep tripping bro!
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:43 am

I have no doubt some players do not like him and I guarantee it is the same for all coaches in the league.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 am

^ ilovenathanbuckley

How do you know for a fact? Table your evidence.

Every time a player has been asked in media they have absolutely thrown their support behind him. Pendlebury, Adams, Treloar, Sidebottom, Grundy, Blair, Elliott and Phillips have all backed him in within last month or so.

I have no issue if you don't like him but to suggest he doesn't have support of players is bullsh*t.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:04 am

Happy with the win.

We won all the key stats including inside 50s (72 to 33), disposals (444 to 310), clearances (38 to 32) and tackles (67 to 63) which are great signs heading forward. The dominance was evident early on and we never looked like losing despite an insipid third quarter performance.

Kicking for goal is still a major issue at the moment. As it stands we're the second worst goal kicking team in the competition with a conversion rate of 51.93%, with the Bulldogs being the worst at 50.83%. For some context, the Crows are the best conversion rate team at 63.45%.

I might be harsh on Fasolo, but his goal kicking efforts have been poor this year. His set shot conversion this year is 7.15 which is simply not good enough for someone who we rely on to score our goals. Last year, his goal kicking was far better.

Impressed with most of our midfielders again. Treloar and Pendlebury were great once again, and I think while the criticism of Sidebottom is valid, I still felt he did enough good things for my liking to earn votes in the GB Medal.

I really liked the efforts of Maynard, Smith, Goldsack and Dunn today. They all had good performances and the collective defensive unit is beginning to adapt and understand each other well.

There's still a lot of improvement required, but getting back-to-back wins for the first time this year is great. Hopefully we can build on these wins as we head into our final two matches before the bye.

Last edited by Jezza on Mon May 29, 2017 1:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: