Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Lions - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:
goldsack

Eighteen 1%'s

Alex Rance averages 11 per game

lets hope Goldy stays in this form

Been a star this year.. so important. Funny how some want him dropped though. No reason he can't do this for another 3 years

Best game he has played this year by a mile. He has been very good in patches in previous games, but he has cost us multiple goals in a number of games this season from fumbling, poor disposal and bad decisions. If he plays like he did today, he remains in the side, however if he reverts to his form from earlier in the season he will be replaced by a younger player.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Sun May 28, 2017 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ mooretreloar

I agree with majority of your post with the exception of the Mayne call. Whilst I understand where you are coming from and that is the role he was recruited for his current form doesn't stack up.

I believe that good form in the VFL should be a prerequisite for promotion to AFL. On that basis, Crocker, Brown and possibly Daicos should be ahead of Mayne.

Crocker can play a similar role to Mayne and I too would go with Crocker over Mayne, but would go with Mayne in front of Cox and White. Brown and Daicos would play a different role to Mayne, in that they would be in the team for crumbing if they get a game.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:53 pm

You would swear some posters in this thread enjoyed a three point loss to the Giants more.
We are hardly world beaters, not sure we are in a position to play down 45 point wins just yet.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:05 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:
goldsack

Eighteen 1%'s

Alex Rance averages 11 per game

lets hope Goldy stays in this form

Been a star this year.. so important. Funny how some want him dropped though. No reason he can't do this for another 3 years

Best game he has played this year by a mile. He has been very good in patches in previous games, but he has cost us multiple goals in a number of games this season from fumbling, poor disposal and bad decisions. If he plays like he did today, he remains in the side, however if he reverts to his form from earlier in the season he will be replaced by a younger player.

Not according to your Favorite coach. He's in his top 5 players this year according to Nathan. One thing we agree on!
I suppose you will probably try to argue with that too
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:07 pm

And Pendles too. So guess your wrong!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:28 pm

We loafed for long periods, were mentally slack and flabby, but we still killed them. 39 scoring shots to 19 should have resulted in a 60-70 point margin but for horrendous kicking for goal, and their remarkable conversion rate.

There were a few passengers today, however - it was probably the worst game I have ever seen Blair play, WHE is marginal at best, and Broomhead is just going. Sidebottom' first half was nightmarish, but at least he got better as the game progressed. Blair, WHE and Broomhead should all feel selection pressure next week. Daniel Wells also does some very nice things, but he is very intermittent for a player of his reputation and class.

Please Buckley, run DeGoey through the middle all the time when he is fit. He is a bull.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Goldsack nearly singlehandledly cost us the Richmond game. He nearly singlehandledly brought Sydney back into the game in round 3.

Outside of these two games, where he cost us 8 goals, his fumbling at ground level and marking have cost us at least another 10 goals across the other 7 games. Today was the first game this season that his poor disposal, fumbling or bad decisions did not cost us a goal.

Don't get me wrong, Goldy is one of my favourite players, but he is nowhere near the level that he once was.

Credit where credit is due, he had a great game today, a game like he used to play week in week out 5 years ago. Great contests, no fumbling, excellent disposal and smart decisions. However, at 30 years of age, for mine he is just keeping the chair warm for Langdon for when he is match fit.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:31 pm

It was a lacklustre game to be sure but a 7 goal win I'll take anytime. The crowd was down at the G but we seemed to lack energy and spark.

It was great sitting at the Ponsford when we were kicking goals in the last quarter but part of the lacklustre was due to playing a game at 1.10 pm on a Sunday - just a NQR time to watch a game I thought.

Having said that Goldy played a beauty but did we butcher the ball a lot today.

Herr Von Scharenberg was a postive today and seemed to get better as the game progressed.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:46 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
Goldsack nearly singlehandledly cost us the Richmond game. He nearly singlehandledly brought Sydney back into the game in round 3.

Outside of these two games, where he cost us 8 goals, his fumbling at ground level and marking have cost us at least another 10 goals across the other 7 games. Today was the first game this season that his poor disposal, fumbling or bad decisions did not cost us a goal.

Don't get me wrong, Goldy is one of my favourite players, but he is nowhere near the level that he once was.

Credit where credit is due, he had a great game today, a game like he used to play week in week out 5 years ago. Great contests, no fumbling, excellent disposal and smart decisions. However, at 30 years of age, for mine he is just keeping the chair warm for Langdon for when he is match fit.

Really? I actually think he's in career best form. Granted, I've never seen him as anything more than an average player and his terrible ground level ball handling has long frustrated me (this is not even remotely a new problem this year), but I think he's generally playing better than he ever has. Agree that he's not a long term solution though.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:50 pm

At last. Stats up.

Goals: Elliott 4, Moore 3, Fas, Wells 2, Treloar, Adams, Sidey, Maynard, Dunn, Broomy, Smith 1.

Disposals: Sidey 34, Adams 33, Pendles 31, Treloar 30, Maynard, Smith 25, Crisp 22, Wells, Phillips 20, Grundy 19, Broomy, Fas, Howe, H-E 17, Shaz, Levi 16, De Goey, Dunn 15, Goldy, Blair, Elliott 14, Moore 13

AF points: Sidey 129, Pendles 125, Treloar 109, Grundy 107, Smith 103, Elliott 102, Moore, Adams 97, Maynard 96.

DE%: Goldy 92.9, Howe 88.2, Shaz 87.5, De Goey 86.7, Maynard 84, Crisp 81.8, Wells 80, Grundy 78.9, Adams 78.8, Pendles 77.4, Treloar 73.7, Smith 72

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:01 am

mooretreloar wrote:

As I sometimes say to my musician friends, "you're so far off the key, you may as well be locked out". Seriously, if you don't recognise that Goldsack is in the best and most consistent form of his entire career then one of us is watching different games. He's been fantastic all year and has thrived with the extra responsibility of having to play as a true KPP in the absence of Reid. I thought he was finished as a player last year, but if he maintains his current form, he will get a well deserved contract extension at the end of this season.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:02 am

I was happier with that performance than most. I thought we dominated the game for all but about the first 5 minutes and a 5-10 minute patch in the third. The ease with which Brisbane were able to convert once inside 50 bothered me, but that seemed a bit flukey to me.

Player thoughts:

Fas - not as bad as last week. He could be having a decent season if he could just convert his set shots.
De Goey - Ok. Much cleaner than last week.
Wells - solid.
Grundy - best game in a month at least. Easily beat Martin and was one of our best.
Elliott - Good game, but should have kicked a real bag.
Goldsack - In career best form, IMO. Probably his best game of the season.
Treloar - BOG.
Pendles - typical Pendles game.
Blair - I've appreciated him more than most over his career, but this has to end. He's just done.
Scharenberg - never seen it in him, really, but he was ok. The theoretical Scharenberg is exactly what we need, but I'm not holding my breath.
Adams - pretty typical. Lots of the ball, tackled hard, generally used it well but a couple of clangers. Really needs to be a first option player. His disposal actually gets worse the more time he has.
Dunn - Solid. Nice, timely goal.
Greenwood - solid.
Phillips - very thin ice. I said last week that he strikes me as a bottom of the best 22 type, but he'd need to improve to reach that on today's performance.
Sidebottom - good game, still has a couple of brain farts every week though.
Crisp - pretty good, nice line breaking run and generally good use of the ball.
Broomhead - nice goal, but poor all day. Probably dropped next week.
Moore - getting better after a shocking start to the season. Seems to work better as the sole target.
Hoskin-Elliot - quiet.
Maynard - very good today, no obvious howlers. Very slowly coming around on him.
Howe - not one of his better games, but he didn't really have much to do.
Smith - good, especially in the first half.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:08 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Really? I actually think he's in career best form. Granted, I've never seen him as anything more than an average player and his terrible ground level ball handling has long frustrated me (this is not even remotely a new problem this year), but I think he's generally playing better than he ever has. Agree that he's not a long term solution though.

I have always rated him more highly than most. I remember a game early in his and Toovs' career where I got into an argument with a number of Collingwood supporters at a game at Etihad. They were continually bagging both Toovs and Goldy saying they were duds and I stuck up for them and indicated that I thought that they would both end up being great players for the club. Both premiership players, so they had the last laugh with respect to those supporters.

Career best form, not for mine. His 2012 year was sensational, as was part of his 2011 year, where he played like he did today most weeks.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:10 am

mooretreloar wrote:

Again you prove to me you have no idea. You pull out stats like some nerd journo and pretend you have a clue. Fact is the coach and his team mates have him in the top 5 picked every week. He is a completely different player to Langdon so to compare them is laughable. Don't respond with there height either and they play in the same area on the ground blah blah blah. Nerd with stats in front of you
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 am

RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

As I sometimes say to my musician friends, "you're so far off the key, you may as well be locked out". Seriously, if you don't recognise that Goldsack is in the best and most consistent form of his entire career then one of us is watching different games. He's been fantastic all year and has thrived with the extra responsibility of having to play as a true KPP in the absence of Reid. I thought he was finished as a player last year, but if he maintains his current form, he will get a well deserved contract extension at the end of this season.

Sorry Rude, you aren't watching closely enough. As per my prior posts, his fumbling, poor disposal and bad decisions have cost us multiple goals this year. At his best, this never used to happen.

He has only played key position once this season, today. Schade and Reid were the keys early in the season, then Dunn and Schade, then Dunn and Reid, then Dunn and Schade and today Dunn and Goldy. However, you could argue he played key position against GWS because they have 3 tall forwards.

However, today, he was great.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Mon May 29, 2017 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: