Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Freedom of Speech Part 2: Margaret Court and gay rights

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David, you want to do a part 3?

Andrew Bolt was apparently entering a Lygon St restaurant last night to do a book launch. Not his book.

As he approached the door, a young woman approached and asked for a photo. he oblidged and two men wearing masks ran at him and sprayed him with "stuff"

Shaving foam potentially and glitter.

Apart from the two attackers, a 3rd person was stationed to record the whole thing. So it was a planned setup, whether or not the girl was involved.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/andrew-bolt-fights-back-after-masked-men-spray-him-with-liquid/news-story/2305dbca91e6468928346d5bdf7b0d06

Bolt didn't take too kindly to it and good on him.

Now i know he's not to popular on here, fairy nuff, but is this sort of behaviour from what I assume were left wing activists condoned?

Planned assault on a person who's views you don't agree with
wearing masks (actually a criminal offence in Victoria in this situation)
Videoing the whole thing, planned (another potential illegal act, breach of anti surveillance legislation)

is this what it comes to? lets try to assault and humiliate people who express unpopular views?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 pm

People do this stuff when their sense of moral superiority tells them they are good people, and those with different views are bad people. This mindset prefigures far worse behaviour.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Probably anarchists. I don't really see that this sort of thing serves much of a positive purpose. Not sure where it falls in the free speech debate, but I don't think we should condone such physical confrontations (even if this probably sits on the milder end of the spectrum).

Having said that, I did kind of enjoy that guy throwing a shoe at John Howard's head on Q&A.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:52 am

Milder end of the spectrum, like a pie in the face.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/rendezview/being-assaulted-for-your-beliefs-is-wrong-whether-youre-alan-joyce-or-andrew-bolt/news-story/d51b159d540313200d3f5aac504783dc

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:10 am

The morons that attacked that unknown person at a book launch need to be charged and severely punished for giving that idiot a platform. Did you see the massive crowd at the Trump book launch? lmao It was so small they bailed some woman up to take a so called selfie with that idiot and she only stopped in for a Coffee. Shocked Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Milder end of the spectrum, like a pie in the face.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/rendezview/being-assaulted-for-your-beliefs-is-wrong-whether-youre-alan-joyce-or-andrew-bolt/news-story/d51b159d540313200d3f5aac504783dc

I don't disagree with any of that.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:32 pm

I don't like Bolt but no one has the right to assault someone because of a difference in views.

Good on him for standing up to the thugs.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Antifa Lefty twat beaten up by 60 year old writer. Comedy Gold.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 am

It's certainly interesting video footage. One might imagine that, amongst other things, the police could be investigating whether any conservative nutter in it might have engaged in an affray. (Not, of course, that I have any understanding of such matters, so you should all feel free to keep on barracking for the man throwing the punches in the video).
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:36 pm

^ I'm sure the justice system which lets violent murderers free on parole will be suitably hard on a man who attacked his assailant after being assaulted violently in public by arrogant thugs. I'm certainly barracking for the chap throwing the punches. I hope they connected.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's certainly interesting video footage. One might imagine that, amongst other things, the police could be investigating whether any conservative nutter in it might have engaged in an affray. (Not, of course, that I have any understanding of such matters, so you should all feel free to keep on barracking for the man throwing the punches in the video).

The man throwing punches was defending himself against 3 younger assailants.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-08/new-footage-of-andrew-bolt-assault/8601374

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Bolt gets constant death threats from lefty wankers, so when he's out in the street and is rushed by two masked men I would think any reasonable person would see that he would be in fear for his personal safety. Clear case of self defence and reasonable force.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:55 pm

^

Not to mention the poor girl who copped a drive by, You can hear her squeal when it starts.

Bolt was pushed into the chairs by one of the heroes before he started throwing punches.

I'd like them caught and convicted. I don't care if they do time for it, but I'd like a conviction for assault on their record.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:41 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Not to mention the poor girl who copped a drive by, You can hear her squeal when it starts.

Bolt was pushed into the chairs by one of the heroes before he started throwing punches.

I'd like them caught and convicted. I don't care if they do time for it, but I'd like a conviction for assault on their record.

I agree. I am going to the USA. No you are not. I want to be lawyer. Ooops.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:38 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Given that no great harm was done, jail is not required, but I'd like to see them punished for the ugly crimes of assaulting someone because of his views, and causing potential harm to the public. A hundred hours of genuine community service and a few thousand dollars payable to Mr Bolt or the IPA might help them understand that the law is higher than their arrogant narcissism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: