Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke dropped by Bulldogs.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Monco Matt wrote:
Yep, he looks shot, as he has been for a couple of years. The game simply has past him by. He has lost his speed off the mark, lost his agility and lost his ability to contest ground ball. He is no longer a "monster" in the strength category either. Defenses are too smart and too quick for Trav now. All his deficiencies are being exposed now that his strengths have diminished. Happens to all footballers, unfortunately I doubt Trav is the type to retire, he will need a good hip and shoulder at the cliff face.

Bux was correct to let Trav go as he has been for most players, even Heater tbh. Heater would have lost his cool in our backline over the past few years, it was best for him to leave. Wellers has done next to jack in the West and Daisy has done jack as well save for a few miracle moments here and there...so Trav has been just another smart let go.

I'm not happy to see Trav struggle but I am glad he is not struggling in our forward line anymore and that puts a little smirk on my face.

I feel much the same. I loved Trav at Collingwood and I'll welcome him back with open arms. I get the feeling, despite his frame, that he's a gentle soul and I imagine all the attention is difficult for him.

That said, I'm glad he hasn't resurrected his career elsewhere, not to spite him, but to shove it up those posters here (and people elsewhere) who were certain that Trav's woes were the fault of Buckley.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:49 am

I am in no way attacking Travis, I am really interested in what transpires for team selection with the Dogs next game. Travis had about 2 minutes of impact for the game with no impact on the scoreboard whatsoever. I feel playing him is a negative for the Dogs team as it upsets their balance. In saying that he wasn't alone last night and when you play on the bench you don't get to have much impact.

Note: Both the NRL and AFL GF replays had the reverse result. Swans and Storm won.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:49 am

Bucks is no dummy especially when it comes to offloading players. He brought in a couple of duds but I think after he sees them up close after working with them, he knows exactly what they have to offer. His trade record backs that up. He's brought in better than what we've traded out.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:21 pm

SwansWay wrote:
Bucks is no dummy especially when it comes to offloading players. He brought in a couple of duds but I think after he sees them up close after working with them, he knows exactly what they have to offer. His trade record backs that up. He's brought in better than what we've traded out.

Correct weight.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Culprit wrote:
I am in no way attacking Travis, I am really interested in what transpires for team selection with the Dogs next game. Travis had about 2 minutes of impact for the game with no impact on the scoreboard whatsoever. I feel playing him is a negative for the Dogs team as it upsets their balance. In saying that he wasn't alone last night and when you play on the bench you don't get to have much impact.

Dammit, I can't find the qtr-by-qtr stats for last night's game; i'm curious to see if he nabbed back-to-back bags of donuts in the first half, just like he did in rnd 1, 2016?

The reality is he has not played a good game at the SCG; he is just as likely to play a blinder on his next visit to the MCG though.

Damien wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
In AFL evolution, I traded Mayne back to Freo and then he won the Brownlow. Laughing

My young bloke plays it and Jessie White won the Coleman!

So, the guys who programme this game... are they like on crack, or some shit?

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:31 pm

piedys wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Dammit, I can't find the qtr-by-qtr stats for last night's game; i'm curious to see if he nabbed back-to-back bags of donuts in the first half, just like he did in rnd 1, 2016?

The reality is he has not played a good game at the SCG; he is just as likely to play a blinder on his next visit to the MCG though.

Damien wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
In AFL evolution, I traded Mayne back to Freo and then he won the Brownlow. Laughing

My young bloke plays it and Jessie White won the Coleman!

So, the guys who programme this game... are they like on crack, or some shit?

The SCG is a CHF's graveyard. Always has been. And don't knock those video games man, in the virtual world anything is possible!

Oh, and get on the Pies Monday at 1-39 paying $3.00. Money for jam

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Damien wrote:
Oh, and get on the Pies Monday at 1-39 paying $3.00. Money for jam

Damo, I do all my virtual-gambling through you, SZ and Skids.
I love to see my boys robbing Brokelads blind! Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:14 am

thompsoc wrote:
Trav spent years being 3 on 1 or even 4 on 1 year after year.
When you get smashed year after year it is hard to come up roses.
See Gavin Brown career.

I agree, that's why I'm worried about Darcy having no real foil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: