Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Forward line creativity and coaching cleverness Needed!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm
Post subject: Forward line creativity and coaching cleverness Needed!Reply with quote

The last 4 weeks (GWS match included) has seen a tremendous improvement in our ball movement and transition thus resulting in a much better forward line performance. And to all the media whom took 4 weeks to realise Moore was our second Ruck..... shame on you... all of you!

That aside, the loss of Wells whose pin point passing inside 50 has been exceptional and Jamie Elliott our X factor key target, we now have to be ultra creative. This hasn't always been Bucks strong suit. The easy non-thing to do Bux is bring back Blair, Fasolo and Mayne and somehow think that shall replace what we have lost.

We have to look at the Dees game in isolation before the bye and be ultra creative and unpredictable. Why not for example the following:

HF: Steele Howe DeGoey
F: Kirby Moore Fasolo/Greenwood (if fit)

Howe, you may say: why move a strength to plug a weakness? Well there is no Jesse Hogan, Sam Weideman (reserves), no floating Gawn going forward to kill us like the last 3 times. Am sure our defence of:

B: Smith Dunn Schade
HB: Langdon Scharenberg Crisp

Can cover the defensive side of things and allow Howe to go forward for ONE WEEK ONLY and wreak havoc on his old team. The X factor of an unknown Kirby, the leaping spark of Howe and the small runners of Steel, Jordan Greenwood and Fasolo should all have the ability to combine for a winning score.

Nathan!! We have no:

* Reid
* Goldsack
* Wells
* Elliott
* Varcoe

So look at the Dees match in total isolation before the bye break and select a team like above that is capable of kicking 15+ goals to win and NOT a blue collar Mayne/Blair type non-solutions side that shall only fail and frustrate!

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely and this is why I don't like Bucks as a coach. I have never thought he has ever lost the players or that the players are not invested.

Although he says he picks the best 22 each week to win a game, I have my doubts and goes back to the same players to cover injuries.

You have already mentioned the holes Melbourne has this week this is a great horses for courses game and bring in some new talent that will throw the Dees off.

It's a massive game for us we could be in the 8 by the end the of the game and as high as 6th if results go our way.

I hope Bucks proves me wrong and does a few things from left field this week.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:33 pm

For the umpteenth time, I raised this to Nathan on the mic at the end of season members' forum in 2013. He bitch slapped me in front of a crowded room with his "Blair and Goldsack" forward option routine. He lauds work ethic above raw/natural talent, which is all and good, but not when it comes to the forward line.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Ditto from me as well (and I remember the members meeting). Totally agree with the views here but hope Bucks proves me wrong.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 pm

The only thing wrong with our forward line is the goalkicking inaccuracy.

We have kicked more points (153) than ANY other team. We are in the top 4 for shots on goal.

Straighten up and we will be very hard to beat.

Having said that, I do like the ideas in your OP inxs Cool

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:16 pm

If we can get WHE into the Wells role, that provides a similar level of accuracy.

Then Mayne to cover the WHE role (he said, more in hope)?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:29 pm

We are up against a team that will be out to intimidate an already young ( in terms of games played ) inexperienced team in front of 75,000 people.
For mine, the only thing we need more than creativity, is mature bodied players who have been previously exposed to the above.

My preference is for any two ( or three ) of either Aish, Mayne, Fasalo, Blair or Cox and maybe one of either Brown or Kirby. I will put my faith in selection committee to get it right.
I can understand one debutant because we are running out of soldiers but this is not the time to be bringing in two debutants.

If you're not convinced about overloading on kids in big games, remind yourself how the Blues went a few weeks ago when Port rewrote the record books with them. Even Bolton said they made an error in judgement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: