Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Incident in Manchester UK

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever been to Europe?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Government's will use this to get more Control over the Internet Evil or Very Mad
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Skids wrote:
Islamic State supporters celebrated on social media on Tuesday after a blast at a concert venue in the north of England killed at least 19 people, although the militant Islamist group has not formally claimed responsibility.Supporters posted messages encouraging each other to carry out "lone wolf" attacks in the West and shared Islamic State videos threatening the United States and Europe.

One user said he hoped Islamic State was responsible for the attack, although no claim has appeared on any of the militant's group's official social media channels.

"We hope that the perpetrator is one of the soldiers of the caliphate," he wrote on a channel affiliated to the group hosted by messaging network Telegram

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/islamic-state-supporters-celebrate-manchester-attack-online/

So no evidence then to support your claim "that we continue to let them in" at the time of your posting?

See it may turn out that some one from overseas was let in the UK & planted the bomb but you don't know that not did you know that. However you thought that you'd exploit the sad situation to meet your political ends - nice one Skids

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Apparently the perpetrator is dead, so I guess we will know the answer soon.

Just no words, praying all my family are safe. Such a gutless act. I've wondered about the security at games too, big throng waiting to get searched. But how do you stop that! Bastard, may he/she rot in hell.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:11 pm

It is a ritual I do the same way every time.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:11 pm

https://youtu.be/o9W3vaM2SUc

We keep letting them in.... then they breed like rabbits, one of their charming offspring, who've been brainwashed since birth, carry out a terrorist attack... and you wanna call them a homegrown national?

Sorry, I just don't buy that line.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Police in Britain have announced new information about last night's events.

Here's what they now know:

Death toll now stands at 22
Number of injured still 59
Police believe the attack was carried out by one man
The attacker died at the scene
Police believe he was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated
There are children among the deceased

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-23/manchester-arena-explosion-police-responding-live/8549574

Death toll will probably rise Crying or Very sad And reports of shrapnel injuries suggesting a nail bomb how horrific!!!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Skids wrote:
https://youtu.be/o9W3vaM2SUc

We keep letting them in.... then they breed like rabbits, one of their charming offspring, who've been brainwashed since birth, carry out a terrorist attack... and you wanna call them a homegrown national?

Sorry, I just don't buy that line.

No you didn't know it at the time ,you just tried to exploit a sad situation based on speculation at the time of your posting. You've been busy on the net to back up your speculation. You should be ashamed of yourself being so brazenly opportunistic trying to score base political points resulting from the shocking deaths of so many. Disgusting & piss weak Skids - even for your standards.

The issue is not me Skids, the issue is your cheap opportunism.

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Meanwhile in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Palestine etc........

Some perspective would be nice y'know.

MM

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:27 pm

^ what do you conclude from that perspective, MM ? That we should not feel grief about the willful slaughter of at least 22 children and the horrible maiming of many others in a peaceful town ?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ what do you conclude from that perspective, MM ? That we should not feel grief about the willful slaughter of at least 22 children and the horrible maiming of many others in a peaceful town ?

Exactly right Mugwump.

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Mugwump wrote:

The conclusion I draw is just how one sided things like this are. As an example, a search of the cholera outbreak in Yemen on this site yields zero results.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

The conclusion I draw is just how one sided things like this are. As an example, a search of the cholera outbreak in Yemen on this site yields zero results.

Well if it matters so much to you why haven't you posted about it then???

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I'm almost certain you've missed my point.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Mountains Magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I'm almost certain you've missed my point.

No I have not!

I do understand that there is not the media or public interest in the diabolical situation in Yemen or the famine in South Sudan ( and that ain't getting any sympathy in Melbourne atm that's for sure!) etc etc etc. I'm also convinced that the Ebola breakout would have attracted little interest if there was not an uneasy fear it might spread to the West!

But I also understand that this atrocity happened in a city like ours and we can identify with that more readily.

You can care about more than one thing at a time you know and given the topic title it seems pretty reasonable for people to post their feelings about the Manchester atrocity in the Manchester thread!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: