Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Paul Williams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:42 am
Post subject: Paul WilliamsReply with quote

Saw him with Eddie in the Pies' rooms after the match. Does anyone know if he's at Collingwood in any official capacity now?

Paul was a sensational player for us, and a genuine star. He was a mix of speed, skill and toughness. I can't remember the circumstances of how we lost him to Sydney, but seems crazy looking back that we let him go. Nice to see him back at Pie-land, even if it was for a visit.
E 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 am
Post subject: Re: Paul WilliamsReply with quote

bally12 wrote:
Saw him with Eddie in the Pies' rooms after the match. Does anyone know if he's at Collingwood in any official capacity now?

Paul was a sensational player for us, and a genuine star. He was a mix of speed, skill and toughness. I can't remember the circumstances of how we lost him to Sydney, but seems crazy looking back that we let him go. Nice to see him back at Pie-land, even if it was for a visit.

i thought he and Nathan Buckley didnt get along and he refused to play in the same team as Nathan (see, everything literally is Nathan's fault - even the decision to persist with Maynard when everyone else thought he was a dud!).

Seriously, we used him (and Mal Michael) as part of the bait to land Clement, Holland, Molloy, Steinfort, and pick 37 (Guy Richards). Here is the details of the multi party trade:

Paul Williams was traded to Sydney for pick No. 8 and No. 39. Pick No. 8 was then on traded to Fremantle for Brodie Holland, James Clement and pick No. 22. Mal Michael and pick No. 22 was traded to Brisbane for Jarrod Molloy and pick 44. Pick 44 was then on traded to Geelong for Carl Steinfort. Ricky Olarenshaw and pick No. 39 was traded to North Melbourne for pick No. 37.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He was interviewed before the game, just probably brought back for the night as a past player.

He chased the money and went north rather than Collingwood getting rid of him. I know someone who said very early in the year 2000 that he would be leaving for Sydney at the end of the year. They believed he did a deal when we played in Sydney
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:46 am

Did anyone see the Paul Williams highlights video on Collingwood media.

The first one at the Gabba when Bucks kicks it in and he goes straight up the middle and it lands just before the centre off hands out the back Williams crumbs the ball and takes a couple of bounces and kicks a goal from about 60m.

It was a 2 kick coast to coast goal................Aahhhhhhhh they were the days.

2 kicks these days and we are still in the back pocket looking for a switch back to the other back pocket.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:02 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Did anyone see the Paul Williams highlights video on Collingwood media.

The first one at the Gabba when Bucks kicks it in and he goes straight up the middle and it lands just before the centre off hands out the back Williams crumbs the ball and takes a couple of bounces and kicks a goal from about 60m.

It was a 2 kick coast to coast goal................Aahhhhhhhh they were the days.

2 kicks these days and we are still in the back pocket looking for a switch back to the other back pocket.

One highlight of his that I recall was that he gave the finger to the very slow Tony Liberatore as he ran away from Liberatore with the ball
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:15 am

I saw Chris Tarrant in the cafe at Holden Centre last Thursday, so maybe the plan was to have a few ex-Collingwood players back at the club before the Hawthorn game.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:35 am

Chris Tarrant is working at the club, probably why he was at the cafe.
Both he and Ben Johnson have roles but I am not sure what they are.

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:42 am

At 3/4 time of home games, our sponsor United Petroleum have a competition where a Collingwood supporter has a chance to win some cash if they catch a handball, mark a short kick and mark a long kick. The person handballing and kicking is an ex player. Willo was the ex player on Saturday night. Daics was the ex player at the Carlton home game.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
At 3/4 time of home games, our sponsor United Petroleum have a competition where a Collingwood supporter has a chance to win some cash if they catch a handball, mark a short kick and mark a long kick. The person handballing and kicking is an ex player. Willo was the ex player on Saturday night. Daics was the ex player at the Carlton home game.

If they want to make this more challenging for the contestant you can get Adams to jog out of the huddle and kick the ball.

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:25 pm

CELEBRATE A COLLINGWOOD CHAMPION

https://www.collingwood125.com.au/champions-of-collingwood

At every Home game of the 2017 season we will celebrate a Champion of Collingwood. Please see below the list of Champions to be celebrated this year.
ROUND

RND 1 ---- Stan Magro

RND 4 ---- Graeme Jenkin

RND 7 ---- All Living Champions

RND 9 ---- Paul Williams

RND 10 ---- Bill Picken

RND 14 ----- TBC

RND 16 ----- Rene Kink

RND 18 ----- TBC

RND 19 ----- Shane Morwood

RND 22 ---- TBC

RND 23 ---- TBC

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:38 pm

The scuttlebutt regarding Paul Williams and Buckley allegedly involved a woman. Allegedly Buckley advise the club to make a choice and said it's either me or him.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:

https://www.collingwood125.com.au/champions-of-collingwood

At every Home game of the 2017 season we will celebrate a Champion of Collingwood. Please see below the list of Champions to be celebrated this year.
ROUND

RND 1 ---- Stan Magro

RND 4 ---- Graeme Jenkin

RND 7 ---- All Living Champions

RND 9 ---- Paul Williams

RND 10 ---- Bill Picken

RND 14 ----- TBC

RND 16 ----- Rene Kink

RND 18 ----- TBC

RND 19 ----- Shane Morwood

RND 22 ---- TBC

RND 23 ---- TBC

Good to see Shane Morwood's name there.

If Nick's had been around in the late 80's he would have been the whipping boy on the board at the time, given the abuse he used to cop from Pies supporters in his first season or so with us. He became a gun and had the last laugh.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

If they want to make this more challenging for the contestant you can get Adams to jog out of the huddle and kick the ball.

Laughing I just spat coffee all over my keyboard...cheers.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Stinger wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Laughing I just spat coffee all over my keyboard...cheers.

Yes! Gold!
If Adams was kicking, you'd probably need to win a car if you mark it.
I thought for a moment you were going to say it's Paul Williams in the "Mr Pumpy" suit.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Did you think Gold was a bad example?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: