Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Careless contact charges - Umpires

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:45 pm
Post subject: Careless contact charges - UmpiresReply with quote

Following this round there were no less than 5 Careless Contact charges laid generating $5k into the AFL coffers - or is that the Umpires end of season trip fund?

Do the clubs cover these fines does anyone know or is it up to the players to set up a direct debit Wink

My point is with the game as it is today with far greater numbers around the stoppages, this is will be a nice little earner for the AFL.

Does anyone recall the last time an umpire was injured as a result of 'careless contact', i can't? I don't want to see an umpire hurt at all, after all it's his work place too, i'm just not clear on what level of contact needs to be made to justify a sanction. Do the Umpires make the report or is it all up to the review of each game by an independent observer?

K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the AFL should introduce Disrespectful Contact charges to stop the disease of players ruffling opponents' hair after a goal. I mentioned Daniher & Hooker previously, and in the game on Sunday Vlastuin, I think, did this to Mayne.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 pm

^ yes, thatd be great. I was appalled by the decision against .dunn yesterday, for this type of bump after a goal or a miss has become commonplace, yet it is never paid as a second free, especially in so critical a position.

I have no problem with punishing it in some form, because its unsportsmanlike conduct, a very bad role model for kids playing the game, and it generally brings the game into disrepute. But it should be stamped out via consistent sanctions, not plucked out occasionally as it was yesterday.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ yes, thatd be great. I was appalled by the decision against .dunn yesterday, for this type of bump after a goal or a miss has become commonplace, yet it is never paid as a second free, especially in so critical a position.

I have no problem with punishing it in some form, because its unsportsmanlike conduct, a very bad role model for kids playing the game, and it generally brings the game into disrepute. But it should be stamped out via consistent sanctions, not plucked out occasionally as it was yesterday.

At worst it should be a free kick out of the centre, instead of the next ball up.

If the dickhead umpire [pick one...] had reversed it, would Dunne have been given the free? Ummm... so we can take a free kick from defence instead of getting it from the middle? Ummm... Hello... rules committee...?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:55 pm

The free kick against Dunn shouldn't have been paid.

Once Dunn was knocked over by several Richmond players instantly after his bump on Higgins, then Richmond's free kick should have been nullified.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:00 am

Jezza wrote:
The free kick against Dunn shouldn't have been paid.

Once Dunn was knocked over by several Richmond players instantly after his bump on Higgins, then Richmond's free kick should have been nullified.

Agreed.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:04 am

When? When was this exactly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: