Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Win the next 4 to go 9-7!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Freo are ripe for the taking. We will beat them.

Good call my man!

Reckon that injury to Elliott might cost us though, can't see where the goals are going to come from to get us over the line; but who knows?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Despite missing Reid, Varcoe, Elliott, Wells and Goldsack, if we can beat the Dees we will square the ledger at 6:6, requiring us to win just 6 of the remaining 10 games to make the finals.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:48 pm

^ will b tough. Injuries now building with players we cant cover at the same level particularly Elliot. Also we will be playing a team off a bye after traveling from the west. Luckily we do have an 8 day break.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:59 pm

With our luck, probably end up 9th or 10th...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:49 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Lol, Freo in Perth, be lucky to get within 10 goals
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:05 pm

mudlark wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Well I thought Freo would come out breathing fire after the flogging they got, and torch us too.
Mutant Sandilands' absence made a lot of difference to their clearance set-ups [read null-and-voided them].

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:31 pm

^ Nonsense, Collingwood are a better team than Freo. We would have beaten them even if their 34 year old ruckman with dodgy hammies played.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:35 am

piedys wrote:
mudlark wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Well I thought Freo would come out breathing fire after the flogging they got, and torch us too.
Mutant Sandilands' absence made a lot of difference to their clearance set-ups [read null-and-voided them].

No Sandi makes a massive difference, but the reality was anyone tipping a Pies win was doing so from blind optimism. We had never won in Perth under Buckley!

2 firsts this year will the 3rd be an improvement on last years ladder position? Doubtful
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:58 am

eddiesmith wrote:
piedys wrote:
mudlark wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

No Sandi makes a massive difference, but the reality was anyone tipping a Pies win was doing so from blind optimism. We had never won in Perth under Buckley!

2 firsts this year will the 3rd be an improvement on last years ladder position? Doubtful

Playinmg the entire fourth quarter with 4 lame players either on the ground or on the bench also made a massive difference. Didn't you also say we should have beaten GWS because they had 2 injured players for the entire last quarter. Well we nearly did beat them.

The pies on the other hand hung tough in what can only be described as a very gutsy win under extreme hardship!!!

If Buckley has lost his players, I for one cant see it?

Finally, we dug ourselves into a big, big hole early this year. However it is a very even competition. I am prepared to concede that we wont finish higher than GWS, Adelaide and Geelong AND that is all as of now.

The Melbourne game will be HUGE. We will be missing 6 automatic best 22 players so we will have our work cut out for us. Elliot in particular is a MASSIVE loss! Win this and the sky is the limit.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:11 pm

E wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
piedys wrote:
mudlark wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Playinmg the entire fourth quarter with 4 lame players either on the ground or on the bench also made a massive difference. Didn't you also say we should have beaten GWS because they had 2 injured players for the entire last quarter. Well we nearly did beat them.

The pies on the other hand hung tough in what can only be described as a very gutsy win under extreme hardship!!!

If Buckley has lost his players, I for one cant see it?

Finally, we dug ourselves into a big, big hole early this year. However it is a very even competition. I am prepared to concede that we wont finish higher than GWS, Adelaide and Geelong AND that is all as of now.

The Melbourne game will be HUGE. We will be missing 6 automatic best 22 players so we will have our work cut out for us. Elliot in particular is a MASSIVE loss! Win this and the sky is the limit.

Correct weight E. This Monday's game could not only determine our finals chances, but also the job of our coach. If we win this, we will storm into the finals, and once there we are capable of beating anyone.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Winning under extreme adversity builds belief - both in self and the team. Coming through such a major test can bond a team so here's hoping the lads take heart and are encouraged to take the game on.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:32 am

i think we are going to do it!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:37 pm

It's a big test for us we just have to start winning these games. Draw is pretty favourable after the bye and we could build on this momentum after the break as well as starting to get some players back.

I don't think the WAGS will like it though, another 2 weeks with the beards.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Huge game Monday - win this and we could be 6th on Monday night!
Go Pies!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
It's a big test for us we just have to start winning these games. Draw is pretty favourable after the bye and we could build on this momentum after the break as well as starting to get some players back.

Well the fixture would want to be pretty favourable after the bye, as the fixture prior to about what round 8, sucked a major bag of arsehole?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: