Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Phoenix is rising!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 pm
Post subject: The Phoenix is rising!Reply with quote

Yeah we lost, we sometimes we overhandball... BUT

Our game style emerged from the get-go today. Move that pill on!

The competition won't like it, but the Pies are coming! We've loaded up on some pretty skillful kids.

Crocker can play
Moore
Scharenberg for most of the game was tantalising with his Birchall like delivery
WHE
Aish
Maynard
De Goey

We still have some stopgaps who will need to be moved aside but we have alot of class out there, they don't know how good they can be yet.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as you say there is some Postives out of this.

The Players you name can become Core of hopefully our Next Charge at the Flag.

All have Big Upside and Have Big Future

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 am

Loved the way we played on at all costs and took the game on in the second quarter! It was exciting to watch.

I just hope with more maturity and patience, this becomes the norm more often than not and we don't fade out of games too often in the future.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:10 am

^ Great post Cam, whilst we all get disappointed when we lose we shouldn't lose sight of the bigger picture. We haven't had much to be excited about the last few years but we certainly will the next few. I believe this list (with some additions) will win our next flag.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:20 am

The thing is Cam why didn't we see this fast footy from round 1?

We were told all preseason (and last year also) that this was the way we wanted to play, had trained for and yet come the season we again take to long to implement it.

Let's face it we've seen so many inconsistencies in the teams performance under Buckley no one can be certain yet we'll finish the season strong.

Looking at our draw I feel we can win 4 out of the next 5 if we bring our best and to make finals we'll need to.

Let's hope what we are seeing are the wings of the phoenix and not another false dawn.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:16 am

Absolutely. Put j Elliott back in that side and we are finals material today, with a shipload of upside. It takes time. But it is coming.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:25 am

swoop42 wrote:
The thing is Cam why didn't we see this fast footy from round 1?

We were told all preseason (and last year also) that this was the way we wanted to play, had trained for and yet come the season we again take to long to implement it.

swoop42, As a few have said it takes time to get that understanding and cohesion. A lot of of our players have only being playing together for a short period of time. Remember the MM game plan, it took the best part of 4 years to come together and it was incredible how Ball and Jolly just slotted in! in just a few months (experienced players). That second quarter effort when we had the ball on a string was a delight to watch. Pity the umps did everything to get them back into the game. Mind you the Dees where not playing badly, it was just that we were on another level. It's been a tough 12 weeks were we have never been blown out of the water and we let a few games out of our grasp but if they keep bringing those efforts every-week you see improvement well bring on the Power! Imagine if Swanny was still playing!!!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:41 am

Great post Cam. Love it.

I am over these "honourable losses" though.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 am

We can take plenty of positives out of this year. The negatives remain the same.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:47 am

Agree, thought our young talent is really starting to shine. Still spewing we lost but was great to see some of the kids really have a dip and starting to develop. Just starting to love Maynard is really becoming a footballer.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:15 am

Agree with this thread...was very upbeat after the loss. Always difficult to out run a side coming off a weeks break.

very impressed with the above players listed.

Just please no more midfielders at this years draft.....another key tall and a key back.

The key tall is critical....if we had another key option we would have won many of the 50/50 games this year.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:18 am

BBHS wrote:
Agree, thought our young talent is really starting to shine. Still spewing we lost but was great to see some of the kids really have a dip and starting to develop. Just starting to love Maynard is really becoming a footballer.

I almost feel leaving aside results....just keep pumping games into Aish, Maynard, Scharenberg etc.... always been a big fan of Maynard since day one....will be the backline bull we need.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:34 am

I always said the team would improve as the season progressed. However my major disappointment is the lack of tall forwards in the side and the lack of a strong bodied CHB. These are things that could have been predicted before the season started and were highlighted by a number of list experts who criticised the list. You can gloss over it any way you like, by referring to the Bulldogs win in last year's GF, or the trend this year for sides to play a smaller forward line. However, I don't hear GCS complaining about Lynch, GWS complaining about Cameron, or Essendon complaining about Daniher. Also WB were quick to recruit Cloke, despite their win in the GF. So tall forwards are important. They do win games of football and until we get more of them, we aren't going anywhere as a football club.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:50 am

I say the glass is half full Wink

Yes there were positives. Despite the ineffective ruckwork yesterday and the shocker of a third quarter, the clanger kicks & handballs there were positives.

(I just can't stand losing - to Melbourne)

Then again at times we showed we can play. We just don't have the personnel currently.

I'm still not convinced about Crocker as he doesn't get the ball enough.
I'm still not convinced about Broomhead either for that matter.
I'm still not convinced about Scharenberg either yet: he just needs to play more games
WHE shows glimpses & has real talent but goes missing in games. I love his speed, marking & kicking most of the time.
Maynard is a real find
Ramsay has real ability but has been unable to show it so far this year
Dunn and Howe - our "gentlemen outfitters" - have done very well & are real beauts - good pick ups

So yes there are positives & our style of frenetic play can be exciting but we lack the polish & poise especially when Pendles is held.

Go Pies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: