Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
I get the feeling Bux shall do the following:

Out:

Aish (injured)

In:

Ramsay

Summary = yuk

I've got a feeling that Bucks knows better than any of us who is the best replacement for Aish this week.

Dont be so sure , he has made some selection howlers in the past , Ramsay wasn't ready to come back against the filth when he did.

www.facebook/the hybernators
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:44 am

Brisbane at the G is the easiest assignment in football.

We'll win comfortably.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:39 am

Useless talking points:

1. Doubtful Rockliff will be playing.

2. Beams first game (in Melbourne) Vs Collingwood. (And his 3rd against us overall). (Jack Frosts first if he's named, with is unlikely).

3. Note we've only played them once a season from 2010 onwards. Evil or Very Mad

4. From 28 games since becoming the Brisbane Lions, we have won only 11. (Really need to level this out a bit).

swoop42 wrote:

We'll win comfortably.

Sadly, this was also the theory in 2014: http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2014/041920140816.html

6. Hipwood and Zorko are their leading goal kickers with 13 and 12 majors. (Zorko had 2 last week and kicked 4 against us last time).

7. They're yet to kick over 100 points in a game so far in 2017.

8. They've won 46 games from 2010-now. (Only 8 from 2015).

9. They've won one wooden spoon (1998). So unless Carlton can completely drop off, let's give the Lions a nice drop in %.

10. Stefan Martin is having a good year in the ruck. Grundy will have a good opponent to deal with.

11. If we win this, it'll be only the second time we've won 3 successive matches against them.

12. If we lose this, it'll be one of the worst losses in the Buckley era.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:44 am

So Aish played a role across half back/wing. Can the Berg come in and perform this role or is he just a intercept/link backman?
mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:47 pm

I think Shaz in for Aish
Josh Thomas has to get a run for Blair - put him in the middle / forward line and see what he can offer.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:05 pm

swoop42 wrote:

We'll win comfortably.

When we go in as favourites and are expected to win, we usually don't begin games with the required amount of ferocity and intent. It takes falling behind or playing a top side to get some of our players to really switch on.
mosig 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:50 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

We'll win comfortably.

When we go in as favourites and are expected to win, we usually don't begin games with the required amount of ferocity and intent. It takes falling behind or playing a top side to get some of our players to really switch on.

Hopefully this point is the focus all week. How to correct it that is. We need to be on from the start because Brisbane are good starters.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Sier will get a run in the seniors this week.

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 pm

3rd degree wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
I get the feeling Bux shall do the following:

Out:

Aish (injured)

In:

Ramsay

Summary = yuk

I've got a feeling that Bucks knows better than any of us who is the best replacement for Aish this week.

Dont be so sure , he has made some selection howlers in the past , Ramsay wasn't ready to come back against the filth when he did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
We will flog them, I'm guessing 11+ goals

This one I betting.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Weather report for Sunday 28 May.

Bit wet and wild, even icy.

Meanwhile in Brissy this week it'll be 24-25C, mostly sunny and with light winds (sigh).

Melbourne area
Max. 15C.
Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, decreasing during the evening. Local hail and thunder in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h turning westerly 20 to 30 km/h during the day.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:32 pm

mattdally wrote:
I think Shaz in for Aish
Josh Thomas has to get a run for Blair - put him in the middle / forward line and see what he can offer.

Is Josh Thomas ready to go? I have always liked Josh Thomas, and would like to see him in the seniors again. Has he done anything in the VFL to justify inclusion, as he would be a fairly logical replacement for Aish? Don't think Blair will be dropped, and nor should he, given his game against Hawthorn. Once our mids began to link up with our forward line, Blair played a critical role in applying chaos pressure. Whether or not you believe Blair to be in our best 22, you have to acknowledge a fine performance when it happens. Otherwise, no player has confidence that he will be rewarded for his efforts and performance.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:21 am

Selection has interested me greatly in the last month or so. In the first five years of his tenure, Buckley has shown he has the best interests of the club at heart. (Some here want to argue we didn't need to rebuild after 2013, these people need to wake up and smell the roses, but this is besides the point with respect to this post). He has played young players with the view to the future, however horrendous injuries to an extent forced his hand.

In 2017, the club, President and CEO decided that we would go into this season, with a coach in his final year of a contract, with his future tenure dependent on making finals (or somewhere close, as per Eddie). Therefore, it appears to me that the first time under his tenure that the development of younger players has been put on the back burner to a degree, to try and maximise the number of wins we have in 2017. We are, I believe, one of two teams that have not had a debutant this year and we have also not played players that have shown promise last season or in previous seasons. Therefore, to me this is slowing the progression of our rebuild, however any coach put in this position would be doing exactly as Buckley is doing.

We are playing the bottom side this week and as a result for mine we should be exposing some of our younger players at AFL level with a view to the future.

Blair's effort and intensity was very good last week, but he again cost us goals with his poor decisions of not giving the first option to team mates. He is not going to get any better, the team is not better for him being in it, so he should be managed and Broomhead or Crocker played.

Goldy has been good this season, despite his fumbling and poor disposal costing us multiple goals, not so much in the last few weeks, but in the first 6 rounds. He has been a great warrior and servant of the club, but he is not going to get better and the team is not better for him being in it. He should be managed this week and Scharenberg played.

Brisbane have two gun mids in Beams and Zorko, but we can beat them without Greenwood needing to tag. Thus, Greenwood should be managed for Broomhead or Crocker.

Aish needs to be replaced due to injury and a like for like replacement for him and who is a big part of the future is Ramsay.

So, if it was me, I would do the following:
In: Scharenberg, Broomhead, Crocker and Ramsay
Out: Aish (inj), Goldsack (managed), Blair (managed) and Greenwood (managed).

What I think we will actually do is:
In: Ramsay
Out: Aish (inj)

In conclusion, in my opinion at the bye the club, President and CEO, need to sit down and determine if they believe Buckley is the man for the job in the future. If they do, then they need to re-sign immediately and give him the imprimatur to keep progressing the rebuild by giving preference to players that are the future of the club over players that are not going to get any better. If they don't, then they need to give Buckley the directive to play the kids and also give him the dignity of coaching out the rest of the year with the incentive that he will be helping the club by playing the kids.

My view here is based on winning our next flag, not just making up the numbers in the finals.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 am

^^^

" Please do not listen to what 'mooretreloar' has to say about Football. He clearly has no idea about the game!!!. (@mooretreloar) >>> If i hear THE word 'RAMSAY' or the phrase 'WE will not benefit with Goldsack in the team' or anything that is close to as IDIOTIC as the previous 2 examples I have given you, again!, I PROMISE severe DREAMS will be invading your brain. And they will be re-occuring indeed, however, you WILL be able to remember them. And I will have 3 different scenarios of the DREAMS that Guests and Members of NicksBulletin can vote for me to TRIGGER, VIA Poll decision..."

This is a warning, mooretreloar

Your 1st

- TheSandman

Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 am

" When someone goes to such Great lengths to post complete and utter nonsense, and what he lays forth is consistently moronic viewpoints. It should be questioned as to whether they are Indeed a (troll). Therefore Ladies and Gentlemen, I EXPOSE to you"...

A TROLL ( MOORETRELOAR )

- TheSandman

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: