Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A pessimist would ask, how many times can a dead cat bounce? Beat the Swans, and slump the next week. Beat the Cats, and slump the next week. Beat the Hawks, and ...??

An optimist would say the win against the Hawks is so cathartic that the Pies now turn the corner and win, win, win. September glory awaits.

From a selection viewpoint, the game against Brisbane at the G would have been marked down in the pre-season as the game to blood some newbies from the VFL side.

So I wouldn't been surprised at a slew of changes. Remember, the team is still suffering relative to other teams from that three games in 12 days that the Pies recently endured. After the bruising Hawks games things have not got any easier.

So I expect the selection panel to 'manage' some players through omission and to use this window to debut the likes of Daicos, Brown, Sharenberg etc. Perhaps even select the unworthy Mayne. Afterall the club's paid the money so why not take the chance and find out what we've got. If he fails to perform, bust him straight back to the VFL in shame and see if its sparks any drive to perform.

I expect a lot of focus this week by the coaches on reversing that slow 1st quarter start exhibited against the Hawks. We've been here before and find that the team does start better the next week only to put the cue in the rack in the second quarter.

That said the game against the Lions is the best opportunity so far this season to put together four quarters of winning footy - a whole-of-game victory. Would be great to do it as an extension of the win over the Hawks as it would demonstrate consecutive wins and the players could approach the bye with renewed confidence and belief. Which IMO is the only thing lacking in what is a well-coach team of top-8 calibre players.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:35 pm

^ Woods

I completely disagree, if both the North Melbourne and Melbourne wins over Adelaide have not convinced you that any team is beatable then nothing will. I expect our match committee to select the best side we have to get the 4 points against Brisbane. After a great response from the team I expect and hope for minimal changes.

ROB 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Out: Aish (for obvious reasons)
Fasolo (reminds me of a kid at "Auskick" running around aimlessley cos doesn't know what exactly to do)
Phillips - needs a bit of a break from the pressure - two weeks out then back in the 1's if he can force it.

In: Sharenberg (play Maynard on a wing)
Varcoe if ready
Crocker or Thomas

Kirby is way off fitness wise - he needs a lot of work on endurance to see out a game in the big league where he would be called upon to chase a backman up and down the field all day or risk being exposed big time.

Keeffe needs time to re-establish his time as a KP backman - he has been used forward and back since returning from his suspension and has not been consistent in either spot. He is not a forward - I watched him at Essendon VFL and he has no idea on how to play forward. I know he showed a bit in pre season but he hasn't done anything since.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:21 pm

IN: Scharanberg Kirby

Out: Aish(Injured) Fasolo

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Like others, I'd love to see the Kirbinator get a game, but I sense that the club wants him to build up his tank a lot more so he can do a lot of running the other way, not just hang around our goals. If that's the case, then I can't see us making more than the one forced change.

In: Scharenberg

Out: Aish (inj)
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
The lions will be on the menu next week. Massive win expected here, we will be huge favourites and we will embrace the challenge and deliver handsomely.

Pies 24.17.161
Cubs 8.8.56

Lock this one deep inside the bank vault for a huge percentage boost.

Exactly the wrong attitude .. and the same as before the Carlton match.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Scharenberg is better than any half back flanker in the senior team including Maynard. He has to come into the side. I don't care who goes out.
Callum Brown is a better inside mid than either Greenwood, Crisp or Blair. He's another who should come into the side.
Now that he's a defender, Keeffe is a better defensive tall than Schade. He should replace him.
Sadly Fasolo is out of form to the point he should be dropped for a proper CHF. I don't care if McCarthy takes his place, but I would be happy if Cox comes back in. In fact I never thought I would miss White until I saw his spot taken by Fasolo.
So that's a minimum of four changes for me going into the Brisbane game, but I suspect Buckley will go into the game with no changes. Oh well, it's Buckley's funeral not mine. We should easily account for Brisbane anyway. The pain will come from the teams we play after Brisbane.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Donny wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The lions will be on the menu next week. Massive win expected here, we will be huge favourites and we will embrace the challenge and deliver handsomely.

Pies 24.17.161
Cubs 8.8.56

Agree completely donny, when have we ever earned the right this season (or ineeed any in recent memory) to take such an arrogant attitude into a match. It is comments like that that give our supporters a bad wrap.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:23 am

We will be favourites, but I'm still very nervous about what we'll produce next week.

Can't take any game for granted these days.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am

On 2017 Season form we will lose to the Bears. I hope we turn the form upside down.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:37 pm

WE SHOULD, should, win this by 8 goals at least, but then again ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I just dunno which Magpies team will turn up, Dr Jekyll, or Mr Hyde ????

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Donny wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Pies 24.17.161
Cubs 8.8.56

Carlton are underrated on this site, probably because of the hatred of them. I was one of the few on this site predicting a very close game when we played them.

They are extremely well drilled and coached. They have defeated Sydney, Collingwood and Essendon. Have been competitive against Melbourne and St Kilda. They were also very competitive yesterday against Freo before having to play 2 (Daisy and Rowe injured) players short after half time.

Whereas, Brisbane are just plain bad, predominantly because they are such a young side. This will be a comfortable win.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:12 pm

We should win this easy, unfortunately it gives us another week with Figgie at the helm.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Now that's an embarrassing statement
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Ladies and gentlemen please!

We are still in peril of the dreaded wooden spoon...

We need to rally now, or, just like 1976, we could go into a downward spiral while our opponent for this honour stages a rally. We need to make it a certainty for someone else this week.

Worry about the coach at season's end.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: