Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies swamp Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

His error wasn't leaving BNE to come to COLL, lots of players leave & join other Clubs, no dramas there.
His mistake was opening his fat trap & putting BNE down, by saying:
"I wanna win Premierships at COLL!"

Well fancy that, the Bears who weren't going places (according to Buckley via his book as you mentioned above) end up winning 3 in a row!!!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Well,how was he supposed to know that the Bears would eventually take over Fitzroy,gut their list,get every available salary cap and draft concession from the A.F.L,rort the father son rule to get Jonathon Brown,and become a powerhouse almost a decade after he left the Bears?Was he supposed to have some sort of time machine at his place to be able to look into the future?It's so easy to be wise and smart in hindsight,isn't it?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
The beauty of Foxtel IQ is you can watch the game again and pause rewind and look over again at different things.

I know you're in QLD & have limited options re TV & footy. However FTA with record on my HD means I can do the same (of course using MB's links assists too when the games aren't televised).

Watching a replay rather than the first time (when I'm watching a match on TV for the first time I don't usually get a clear perspective coz I'm so emotionally involved in the match) invariably allows clearer time for the minutiae and things that are easily missed on first viewing.

I love watching the game again on TV after seeing it live.

Yes, I completely agree. It's almost like watching two different games, one with the emotional channel switched on and one with it switched off.....

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:09 pm

^ Annodam, your on the wrong supporters page. This is a Collingwood supporters page, the Brisbane Lions page is elsewhere.

Do you honestly think Bucks regrets moving to Collingwood? If you do you need your head read. Brisbane are not relevant, Bucks was one of the greatest players in the history of the biggest club in Australia.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
The beauty of Foxtel IQ is you can watch the game again and pause rewind and look over again at different things.

I know you're in QLD & have limited options re TV & footy. However FTA with record on my HD means I can do the same (of course using MB's links assists too when the games aren't televised).

Watching a replay rather than the first time (when I'm watching a match on TV for the first time I don't usually get a clear perspective coz I'm so emotionally involved in the match) invariably allows clearer time for the minutiae and things that are easily missed on first viewing.

I love watching the game again on TV after seeing it live.

Yes, I completely agree. It's almost like watching two different games, one with the emotional channel switched on and one with it switched off.....

When I watch it live I'm sitting at the Ponsford stand close to the MCC forward pocket. The TV mostly shows the coverage from the wing. Great for watching it from different positions

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:43 pm

^ well, sadly I can't get to many games, but it doesn't matter where I sit or how I watch, i always seem to have an emotional blindfold on, the first time through. When I watch the replay I am amazed at what I failed to see, or misunderstood.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
His error wasn't leaving BNE to come to COLL, lots of players leave & join other Clubs, no dramas there.

Well fancy that, the Bears who weren't going places (according to Buckley via his book as you mentioned above) end up winning 3 in a row!!!

I don't see anything wrong with anyone saying 'I wanna win Premierships at Coll!' Isn't that the aim of the game and the ultimate reason for playing anywhere?

ROB 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:05 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
A second viewing showed just how important momentum is in today's football.
Lastly anyone who thinks this playing group doesn't want Buckley coaching again next year are very wrong. Players who don't care about there coach and the jumper don't make the effort these players did for the last 3 quarters.
Buckley more likely won't be there next season but it won't be because he lost the playing group.

I agree with much of your observations - posted some of it also. What is concerning having watched the replay for a second time is the number of times I see a player calling for the ball whilst standing dead still - just asking for an intercept. Too often we have seen this occur - it makes me cringe everytime I see it happen. If you want the ball, move so you can protect yourself and the ball somewhat. IF we can stamp this out we will give ourselves a much better chance of winning many more games.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:06 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

I don't believe he ever said that, sounds like something you wish he had said at that time, clearly you have not read his book, so I see no point in continuing this debate, end of story.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

I don't believe he ever said that, sounds like something you wish he had said at that time, clearly you have not read his book, so I see no point in continuing this debate, end of story.

Well say for arguments sake he had stayed at Brisbane at the end of 1993;
Brisbane probably would have made the GF in 1999, and we would never have seen a GF, let alone even made the finals in 2002 or 2003.
Those spots would have most likely been taken by port Adelaide, and they may have played each other three years running, like Essendon vs. Whorethorn in the 80s; wouldn't the filthy fat greek dog have loved that.
We would have retained a perpetually injured Starcevich, and the pick that secured Chris Scott [mr.Happy], wouldn't that have been interesting!

Yet a successful Brisbane in the late 90s, with Buckley in his prime may have influenced their ladder positions, and thus the selections they eventually secured Power, Black and O'Bree with. They still would have Voss, Leppa and Wankermaggot though, through previous drafts.
I love dabbling alternate reality theory!

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:50 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
^^ More than anything I want Buckley to win a premiership medallion in some shape or form.
Is there any more deserving player/coach?

I don't!
Buckley made his bed & now he has to lie in it.
He was a smart ass turd who left BNE to win a Premiership with COLL, that did not happen & never will.

Should've stayed at BNE, idiot!

I genuinely have no idea why you post here.

Maybe cut off your internet and save up some money so you can afford to take your daughter to our next GF and stop blaming the club when you can't.

#bandwagoner

#SIDEBYSIDE
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:51 pm

^ And I have no genuine idea why you even give a fk what I do!

But thanks for your concern!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
A second viewing showed just how important momentum is in today's football.
When you have it all players are running and moving and players forward of the ball are active. When you don't players are stagnate wondering if they should be leading or running to dangerous positions for fear of a turnover and getting burnt on the rebound.
Our first term disposal was ordinary but mostly was because of the Hawks pressure.
We got on terms in the second quarter and were probably unlucky not to close the gap more due to a couple,of horrible umpiring decisions taking momentum away.
After half time the biggest difference was we had momentum and kept it the remainder of the game.
Hawks never looked like challenging us once we drew within a couple of goals
Pendles was a catalyst as was Adams Grundy Wells Treloar Elliott Dunn Howe Goldie Moore & Maynard
The more I watch Mayanrd the more I would love to see him on the ball using his hardness and then running forward. He's a 20yr old learning on the job p. Yes he makes you cringe at times with some decision making but hell he never shirks the contest or stops trying.
Aish early on was a deer in the headlights but had just started to get into the game when he showed why he was so highly rated as a kid. You can't coach courage
Was really impressed but the team first efforts displayed by Goldie on several occasions. He will never win the plaudits of the masses but does the dirty jobs and his willingness to impact a contest just long enough for a team mate to get back and help is amazing.
Conversely players like Sidey and Faz just don't make those efforts.
In the first half 4 players were responsible for a combined 13 turnovers that led directly to 7 goals before we touched the ball again. Sidey Faz Phillips and Aish. Phillips and Aish are still learning but the efforts of the other 2 are near unforgivable. They were basically responsible for the position we found ourselves in at quarter time.
Yes it may be harsh but watch the game again and look closely they are both terrible.
Personally I would drop Faz and move Sidey forward to replace him and bring in either Varcoe or Brown to replace Sidey in the midfield
Interesting going back over the votes and only 1 person found Sidey worthy of a vote and it's the only person here who doesn't seem to see the errors and lack of effort he brings more often than not.
I've said for ages Sidey is a small forward but not a midfielders butthole
Pendles Adams Grundy Howe & Treloar have the Copeland at there mercy with only Elliott a outside chance of putting his name in a prominent position.
Lastly anyone who thinks this playing group doesn't want Buckley coaching again next year are very wrong. Players who don't care about there coach and the jumper don't make the effort these players did for the last 3 quarters.
Buckley more likely won't be there next season but it won't be because he lost the playing group.

And one of the coaches, I see. Also, it looks like one coach didn't rate Adams' game in the top 5, either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: