Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies swamp Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I agree - take a step back, be cool and get clinical with Lions. We cannot afford to win on pure adrenalin every week. However, this team has a lack of camaraderie so I reckon they need time to soak it up and let the good vibe set right in. Only a few teams have come from more than 40 pts behind since 2010 so if get all the learning we can from this, Ill be just what we need.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:29 pm

How sweet it is my little chickadees, we actually beat the Piss and Poo, I mean, finally, we actually beat the pricks, made my whole weekend folks !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:33 pm

What is it to you. I would do a search for it.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Lions are a decent first half team. We must ensure we done let start like that again on the weekend.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:21 am

Great comeback and memorable win for the club.

The first quarter was some of the worst football I've seen us play in years, so the disappointment and anger from the supporters at that stage was completely understandable.

I felt we worked our way back into the match in the second quarter, and then we got progressively better as the game went on. We started playing through the corridor more frequently and we kept Hawthorn quiet for most of the second half.

Adams and Pendlebury were the two standouts for mine. Both played like leaders who took the rest of the playing group on a journey with them.

Even though we won the match, which was fantastic, I hope the coaching staff do not gloss over what happened in the first quarter because we're not always going to be fortunate enough to comeback from such a deficit in a lot of other matches.

We have a big chance to record back-to-back wins next week, but with the way this team plays, I really don't know what to expect anymore.

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:08 am

Hard to understand what happened in that game. 1st quarter was a disaster. The crowd was right to boo the slow and backwards play. It's obvious to all that especially against Hawks we needed to take the game on, move it fast, and take risks. So what happened? One of the players after the match said the instruction from the start was to do that, however they just froze because the Hawks controlled the ball and set up well.
So did anything actually happen from a coaching/tactical point of view to change the course of the game? Definitely Bucks went ballistic at them at quarter and half time, but was there anything from a tactical or mind-set aspect that changed? Whatever it was, I hope the penny has dropped now.
There were also quite a few examples of how it is a game of inches. In the 3rd quarter, a couple of likely Hawks goals were scuppered by either the bounce of the ball or an important last-second intervention, and we then swept the ball to the other side in a swift counter-attack for goals to us. There's a 24-point turnaround in just a couple of actions right there.
By the way, how good is it to see us doing sling-shot plays and getting open goals out-the-back, for a change?
Strange feeling at the end of the game. All the emotions had been wrung of out me by half-time, only to then see the Pies dominate the game and make the Hawks look like a VFL side (which they mostly were).
I also saw the raw emotion on the faces of all the Pies staff during and after the match, including President, CEO, coaches, wives and family. To say these people are not truly invested in the success of Collingwood football club on the field (as opposed to the business side) is completely wrong. They care, and we care, and that's what makes our footbal club great.

Some mentions on some of our players that really were important for us:

Wells - was involved in many of our fast attacking chains. He is an essential link-man that in a split second finds space and time and opens up our forward options. His importance to our side is massive.
Grundy - controlled the Hawks rucks and gave us the chance to dominate in the 3rd quarter.
Elliott - just awesome for us. Super forward player. Reads the play well, very smart in traffic, and works his arse off.
Treloar - sometimes a player's strengths are so obvious, that we need to make sure that we encourage a player to use them more and more in a game. This applies to Treloar, and his strength is burst speed out of a pack, screaming forward while bouncing the ball. We look damn good when that happens.
Pendles - will go down as one of the greatest Pies players of all time.
James Aish - the commitment he showed in that contest sparked the side.
Adams - was instrumental in our comeback. His effort was massive, and is showing better decision making all the time. I'd love 30mins with him to fix his kicking action though.
Dunne - he's a real footballer, and has a nice driving kick, which you need to switch play quickly to the fat side of the ground. We need as many real footballers in our side as we can get.
Greenwood - where did that 55m goal come from? Never seen that before from him.
Moore - actually gives us something in the ruck. His confidence is growing.
Sidey - I'm beginning to think more and more that his real value is in our forward half. Either as an attacking mid, or a high half-forward.
Howe - has been very solid for us. Has to be in AA contention.
J Smith - like Greenwood, didn't think he had the class to snap that 40m goal on his left. Just when you think he's a plodder, does some things like that to surprise.
Blair - I'm not a fan of him as a pure footballer, but the little man put his head on the line for us. Have to respect his effort.
Goldy - the quintessential good-ordinary Collingwood footballer. 150 games of heart and passion for the Pies. Well done Goldy.

Some players that were a bit ordinary:

Fasolo - doesn't appear to work hard enough to run into space, make multiple leads, or tackle and chase with ferocity. Also needs to be faster and more decisive in taking the best option when he has the ball. A lot of times he gets caught because he takes too long to sum up his options. Also doesn't get to the fall of the ball in marking contests.My guess is he's struggling with the speed/running demands of the game. Still in our best side, but needs to keep working on his weaknesses.
Phillips - shows promise but needs to increase his strength/power around the ball and in contests like Maynard has done. Probably needs a couple of years more to do that, as at the moment he's purely an endurance athlete, and a bit one-paced. Then again, it may come across that way because he gets to more contests than others, and is spent when he gets there.
WHE - really like what he give us, but he needs to improve on his contested ball.
Crisp - frustrating player. Can do some great things but mixes it up with some awful things. Has looked good when he's taken a chance and tried to break away from his opponent on a few occasions.

On a side-note, the way the club has paid tribute to Lou Richards has been amazing. Well done to Eddie and the whole club in doing such a great job.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:22 am

The beauty of Foxtel IQ is you can watch the game again and pause rewind and look over again at different things.
A second viewing showed just how important momentum is in today's football.
When you have it all players are running and moving and players forward of the ball are active. When you don't players are stagnate wondering if they should be leading or running to dangerous positions for fear of a turnover and getting burnt on the rebound.
Our first term disposal was ordinary but mostly was because of the Hawks pressure.
We got on terms in the second quarter and were probably unlucky not to close the gap more due to a couple,of horrible umpiring decisions taking momentum away.
After half time the biggest difference was we had momentum and kept it the remainder of the game.
Hawks never looked like challenging us once we drew within a couple of goals
Pendles was a catalyst as was Adams Grundy Wells Treloar Elliott Dunn Howe Goldie Moore & Maynard
The more I watch Mayanrd the more I would love to see him on the ball using his hardness and then running forward. He's a 20yr old learning on the job p. Yes he makes you cringe at times with some decision making but hell he never shirks the contest or stops trying.
Aish early on was a deer in the headlights but had just started to get into the game when he showed why he was so highly rated as a kid. You can't coach courage
Was really impressed but the team first efforts displayed by Goldie on several occasions. He will never win the plaudits of the masses but does the dirty jobs and his willingness to impact a contest just long enough for a team mate to get back and help is amazing.
Conversely players like Sidey and Faz just don't make those efforts.
In the first half 4 players were responsible for a combined 13 turnovers that led directly to 7 goals before we touched the ball again. Sidey Faz Phillips and Aish. Phillips and Aish are still learning but the efforts of the other 2 are near unforgivable. They were basically responsible for the position we found ourselves in at quarter time.
Yes it may be harsh but watch the game again and look closely they are both terrible.
Personally I would drop Faz and move Sidey forward to replace him and bring in either Varcoe or Brown to replace Sidey in the midfield
Interesting going back over the votes and only 1 person found Sidey worthy of a vote and it's the only person here who doesn't seem to see the errors and lack of effort he brings more often than not.
I've said for ages Sidey is a small forward but not a midfielders butthole
Pendles Adams Grundy Howe & Treloar have the Copeland at there mercy with only Elliott a outside chance of putting his name in a prominent position.
Lastly anyone who thinks this playing group doesn't want Buckley coaching again next year are very wrong. Players who don't care about there coach and the jumper don't make the effort these players did for the last 3 quarters.
Buckley more likely won't be there next season but it won't be because he lost the playing group.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:52 am

we might hate hawks but they also honoured lou Richards on their banner also it was good beating them but our Jekyll and hyde team will give us a heart attack one day
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am

GreekLunatic wrote:
we might hate hawks but they also honoured lou Richards on their banner also it was good beating them but our Jekyll and hyde team will give us a heart attack one day

I didn't see their banner but that's nice to know they did that ,respect, certainly wouldn't get that from the princes park filth.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 am

3rd degree wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:

I didn't see their banner but that's nice to know they did that ,respect, certainly wouldn't get that from the princes park filth.

Yeah, I heard that the Blue scum, on our anniversary game, their rotten cheersquad had on their banner, something like, Thanks for the Memories, of 1970, 79,81,GFs, and mentioned the three previous GFs they beat us in long before those ones. Fcking pricks cant help themselves gloating can they, on our big day, no wonder we utterly despise them with a passion, they have no sense of sportsmanship. Surprised Mad

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:24 pm

magpieazza wrote:
^^ More than anything I want Buckley to win a premiership medallion in some shape or form.
Is there any more deserving player/coach?

I don't!
Buckley made his bed & now he has to lie in it.
He was a smart ass turd who left BNE to win a Premiership with COLL, that did not happen & never will.

Should've stayed at BNE, idiot!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
The beauty of Foxtel IQ is you can watch the game again and pause rewind and look over again at different things.

I know you're in QLD & have limited options re TV & footy. However FTA with record on my HD means I can do the same (of course using MB's links assists too when the games aren't televised).

Watching a replay rather than the first time (when I'm watching a match on TV for the first time I don't usually get a clear perspective coz I'm so emotionally involved in the match) invariably allows clearer time for the minutiae and things that are easily missed on first viewing.

I love watching the game again on TV after seeing it live.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:23 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
^^ More than anything I want Buckley to win a premiership medallion in some shape or form.
Is there any more deserving player/coach?

javascript:emoticon('Confused')
I don't!
Buckley made his bed & now he has to lie in it.
He was a smart ass turd who left BNE to win a Premiership with COLL, that did not happen & never will.

Should've stayed at BNE, idiot!

SO, you have never made a mistake thru hindsight have you. Confused

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:38 pm

^ Aha but has he ever come out & admitted his mistake though?

My guess is no!

Karma works in funny ways like that doesn't it?

And of course I have made mistakes that goes without saying, difference is, I ain't afraid to own mine...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:43 pm

^IF you bothered to read his excellent book, he does mention it, and just says at the time it appeared the right thing to do, he honestly could not see the Bears going places, and Collingwood being the huge Club it is, massive crowds etc, and he loved its tradtion factor, he thought itd be the right move to make, at THAT time. He goes onto say he does not regret it, and rarely gives it a thought, it is what it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: