Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stupid or Guilty

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:18 am
Post subject: Stupid or GuiltyReply with quote

http://www.theage.com.au/world/new-police-photos-show-cassandra-sainsbury-with-18-bags-of-cocaine-in-colombia-20170501-gvwtoa.html

Will this be another Corby and divide a nation. My view is plead Guilty and do 6 years and I am hoping Corby gets a message to her and tells her the same thing.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to know the truth. It's a little hard to believe that's for sure, also hard to believe she would be that dumb. If she's innocent and just dumb, fight to get her home, if she's guilty, she can rot. 6kg is a lot of deaths.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:54 am

Found this news online. Good grief what a fool!
I'm writing this from Guayaquil in Ecuador, and I've been travelling in South America for almost five months now. These idiotic instances are no accidents. Check out the "Peru Two" for a similar sorry tale.
This woman's outbound ticket from Bogota was to London, not anywhere in Australia. Covering the globe, quick solo visits to South America, onwards to another First World destination......classic modus operandi.
By the way Colombia is a great country! Beautiful mountains, stunning cities, great Caribbean coastline. Don't let this silly fool and her obnoxious family dissuade you from visiting this amazing part of the world.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:57 am

Who buys headphones as presents for a wedding party? And another dozen or so for family? And who wouldn't check them when handed to you from some guy you met a few days before. Rolling Eyes

Clearly she thinks we're all stupid.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Guilty.

Just like Corby you only have to see and hear the mother to know.

I wonder if she lives down my way?

LOL.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:13 pm

My guess is she may be both.

As for Corby she would have got out if her greedy mother didn't keep selling stories to the tabloids. It was not the Corbys first rodeo either.

Amazing if a bloke does it no sympathy. Pretty girl and all hell breaks loose.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Hope she gets the diplomatic advice she needs and gets a fair trial.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:46 pm

David wrote:
Hope she gets the diplomatic advice she needs and gets a fair trial.

I agree, but not much chance of that. Good to know the true story! It seems too crazy to attempt, but 6kg is a bloody big decoy if there is any truth to the tip regarding an Aussie trying to smuggle drugs out.

Hard to believe you'd think you would get away with it, what with X-ray, sniffer dogs. Just crazy.

The thing that always gets me about the Corby one is why smuggle drugs TO Bali?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:47 pm

Guilty or Stupid?

Definitely the latter, unsure of the former.

The story is just strange enough to be true. You'd have to be a deadset dickhead to think you could get 5kg of coke through customs like that.

I've read of how dealers can use dumbfucks as unintended mules, with the intent to rob them after they clear customs and recover the drugs. 5kg is small potatoes in the big picture, so they could afford to lose a few mules if they get 1 in 10 through.

So, I'll reserve judgement on guilt.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Honestly though how many young women travel to Colombia of all places by themselves?

Why was she there?

And out of that relatively small number I would imagine even less meet up with some mysterious stranger because of the offer of what 15 head phones?

LOL it's just nonsense and one look at the packages of all different sizes shows that.

My guess is that she knowingly tried to smuggle drugs but was used as a sacrificial lamb by the drug dealers either to take focus off others on the same day or to grease the palms of some corrupt officials who could look like there being successful in there role all the while being paid off.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:20 pm

In my experience, drugs in Colombia are always in standard-sized packages, plainly marked "Drugs of addiction - Poison - S2" and stamped "Produit de Medellin" (no, I don't know why that bit is always in French).

In the absence of those markers, how was this woman to know that there were drugs in the parcels? Headphones are fragile - you can easily damage the cables if you, eg, take a teensy peak in a box. Surely you wouldn't want to embarrass your new friend by suggesting that you need to know what you've been asked by a stranger to carry in the drug-trafficking capital of the Universe. You just wouldn't risk it! Too much room for cross-cultural misunderstandings.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
In my experience, drugs in Colombia are always in standard-sized packages, plainly marked "Drugs of addiction - Poison - S2" and stamped "Produit de Medellin" (no, I don't know why that bit is always in French).

In the absence of those markers, how was this woman to know that there were drugs in the parcels? Headphones are fragile - you can easily damage the cables if you, eg, take a teensy peak in a box. Surely you wouldn't want to embarrass your new friend by suggesting that you need to know what you've been asked by a stranger to carry in the drug-trafficking capital of the Universe. You just wouldn't risk it! Too much room for cross-cultural misunderstandings.

Call a surgeon before your tongue bores a hole through your cheek.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:49 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Honestly though how many young women travel to Colombia of all places by themselves?

Why was she there?

My sister spent six months in Colombia a few years back as part of a university exchange program. She got back in one piece and didn't end up as a drug mule (as far as I know, anyway... Shocked).

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:21 pm

She was detained and arrested attempting to board Flight AV120 - Avianca Airlines to Heathrow London. Her packages weren't meant for the Australian market. Her current overseas jaunts had seen her leave Australia for China, then onwards to the US, then to Colombia and then the attempt to get to the UK. Them the breaks when you do this sort of thing...just one courier job too many.
As for evidence against her, what will the U.S Drug Enforcement Agency be presenting at her trial? It was the D.E.A that tipped off Colombian officials that the women had arrived in their country and that if she attempted to leave, that she should be detained.
A tip off as she arrives...before she met any mysterious stranger......before the offer of headphones.....
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:43 am

That's some cleaning job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: