Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Josh Schache

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princem007 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 am
Post subject: Josh SchacheReply with quote

We gotta through the kitchen sink at this kid. Moore and Schache would be our next forward combination for 10 plus years . Potentially 3 flags at least.

Just need to find a full back and CHB now .

Achilles 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What are our chances of getting him?
axl 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 am

Has he shown anything as yet? He will cost us a first round and a second round. Big risk if he doesn't come on as a footballer.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Hipworth is the gun in that forward line at Brisbane. Given the depth of tall talent in this years draft...I would prefer we take the pick to the draft to see what we can get.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Many of us still fill we missed out on a big bodied forward in the form of Wedding Photographer Mitch Clark.

www.facebook/the hybernators
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:04 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Many of us still fill we missed out on a big bodied forward in the form of Wedding Photographer Mitch Clark.

Missed a bullet.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Six goals in six games and about to get dropped. Not that keen at present.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:12 pm

I'd rather go to the draft with what we are currently expecting a bottom 5 selection and take this years best key position forward.

Word is he is after a 5 year 750k per annum deal. Other than finding cap space for him, we would be up for our first round draft pick plus some steak knives on top.

Lets take the safe road on this one.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Schache would have went pick 1 in many draft years and still went selection 2.

People say let's take our first round pick to the draft and get a key forward and ignore the fact that Schache was just as highly rated as a junior as any of those will be anyway.

The advantage though is that he'll have had 2 years in the system come the start of 2018.

He's currently playing for a side he has no intention of being at next season and Brisbane know it also so I wouldn't read to much into his form and if anything see it as a bonus as a top 5 pick by itself would most likely be enough to get him with no steak knives required.

You only have to look at the performances of Moore, Boyd and McCartin to know it takes a a good 4 years before any key forward will start to be consistent performers at AFL level and we can't afford IMO to spend a further 2 years for a 2017 draftee to become a viable presence in our AFL side when we're about to miss finals for a 4th straight season.

We should be after Schache or McCartin.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Forget about Schace he won't be coming to us next season. His likely destination is Hawks or Carlton.
North are favoured to land Martin if he leaves Richmond (50/50 at this stage)
Our best hope is to land either Reid or Tippett from the swans. Both are on decent salaries and the Swans will want to reload there midfield & defence both of which are short handed.
For mine Tippett makes sense more so than Reid as he's the back up ruck to Grundy and can play FF freeing Moore up to play roaming CHF
Reid might be cheaper but both wouldn't require a 1st round pick as the Swans will want there salaries covered so a 2nd round pick and maybe a upgrade of later picks would suffice
Achilles 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:26 pm

I think Reid and Tippett are free agents. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I tend to agree with swoop on most of his above points.

Picking 18 year old future gun KPFs is a crap shoot.
And also as swoop suggested, he shouldnt cost as much as some posters suggest. I'm not a huge Schache fan at the moment but I'm hoping he is currently playing like he knows he's coming home.

There is a subplot in place with the Lions in regard to this years draft strategy.
One of the best tall KPF available is Connor Ballenden, who is a Lions academy player. If they finish last, which is likely, they Would probably pick Jarrod Brander at 1 and then just require enough picks stowed away to under bid for Ballenden at 2 ( assuming another club bids for him at pick 2 )
With Hipworths improvement, they would be happy to start next year with two new KPFs on their list alongside Hipworth. This would ease the pain of Schache leaving.
If he is going and is out of contract, the Lions are probably going to be " happy " with a top 10 pick to help them secure Ballenden.
If it's Collingwood, so be it and if it's not, we move on to the next available tall. There are plenty around this year but it's still a lucky dip to an extent.
( possibly 7/9 top 30 picks could be talls in this upcoming draft as opposed to only two in top 30 of 2016 draft )
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Achilles wrote:
I think Reid and Tippett are free agents. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reid yes, Tippett no.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Schache would have went pick 1 in many draft years and still went selection 2.

People say let's take our first round pick to the draft and get a key forward and ignore the fact that Schache was just as highly rated as a junior as any of those will be anyway.

The advantage though is that he'll have had 2 years in the system come the start of 2018.

He's currently playing for a side he has no intention of being at next season and Brisbane know it also so I wouldn't read to much into his form and if anything see it as a bonus as a top 5 pick by itself would most likely be enough to get him with no steak knives required.

You only have to look at the performances of Moore, Boyd and McCartin to know it takes a a good 4 years before any key forward will start to be consistent performers at AFL level and we can't afford IMO to spend a further 2 years for a 2017 draftee to become a viable presence in our AFL side when we're about to miss finals for a 4th straight season.

We should be after Schache or McCartin.

Please don't recruit either player. Neither is that good and would cost too much in any case.

Petracca who was no2 to McCartin is a 10 times better player than him.
The Carlton player (sorry can't spell his name) who went no1 is a 10 times better player than Schache.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Player we badly Need.

Depends what we have to Trade for Him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: