Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jessie Hogan Cancer diagnosis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I went through this 12 years ago. It was diagnosed early and surgery was expected to be all that was needed, but 12 months later it was discovered to have spread and so I then underwent several months of incredibly intensive chemotherapy. It knocked the absolute shit out of me and took me a good 12 months to fully recover. I've had a clean bill of health ever since and no longer even require checkups. I hope he doesn't have to go through all that, but at least it is one of the more treatable forms of cancer. By the way, luckily testicles are like kidneys - we have two of them but only need one!

Yeah i had it when I was 26 (7 years ago), left orchiectomy and lymph node removal in the groin area, then 2 rounds of Chemo 1000mg of Carboplatin.

The Chemo was precautionary and to reduce the risk of return down to 3% did you get offered it after your surgery?

As it was optional whether I took it but i didn't want to risk a recurrence by not doing it.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 pm

Footy easily takes a backwards step when it involves your health or family. Wishing him the best of luck.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 pm

loki04 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I went through this 12 years ago. It was diagnosed early and surgery was expected to be all that was needed, but 12 months later it was discovered to have spread and so I then underwent several months of incredibly intensive chemotherapy. It knocked the absolute shit out of me and took me a good 12 months to fully recover. I've had a clean bill of health ever since and no longer even require checkups. I hope he doesn't have to go through all that, but at least it is one of the more treatable forms of cancer. By the way, luckily testicles are like kidneys - we have two of them but only need one!

Yeah i had it when I was 26 (7 years ago), left orchiectomy and lymph node removal in the groin area, then 2 rounds of Chemo 1000mg of Carboplatin.

The Chemo was precautionary and to reduce the risk of return down to 3% did you get offered it after your surgery?

As it was optional whether I took it but i didn't want to risk a recurrence by not doing it.

It's generally a young man's disease (in your 20s), so it was apparently very unusual for me to get it at age 47. Back then all I was told was that the surgery should do the trick, but there was about a 1 in 4 chance that it would reappear somewhere else and then I'd have to have chemo. Almost exactly 12 months after my operation, it re-emerged and so I commenced the chemo. All good now.
john b 

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:57 pm

Good luck to all that have and are battling all types of cancer. Must be a scary thing to go through
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:14 am

ITs pretty cureable, one of the more cureable cancers, I wish him well.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jamesy 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:28 am

Best wishes to Jesse. Terrible news for him and his Family so early after his Father passing away.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:00 am

I wish him well but let's have a dose of reality here. He gets the BEST treatment money can buy and the media are in overdrive. I have had friends go through the same issues. They were not admitted, operated on and discharged within days of discovery. Let's all wish him a speedy recovery without all the bullshit.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:14 am

RudeBoy wrote:
loki04 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

It's generally a young man's disease (in your 20s), so it was apparently very unusual for me to get it at age 47. Back then all I was told was that the surgery should do the trick, but there was about a 1 in 4 chance that it would reappear somewhere else and then I'd have to have chemo. Almost exactly 12 months after my operation, it re-emerged and so I commenced the chemo. All good now.

I feel your pain Rude and Loki; I went through this 3 years ago, and while it is a young mans disease (see Hogan and Sam Rowe), it doesn't discriminate - I'm in my 40s. Hopefully it's been picked up early enough to require only surgery because chemo is a b1tch (as those that have endured it will attest).
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
loki04 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I feel your pain Rude and Loki; I went through this 3 years ago, and while it is a young mans disease (see Hogan and Sam Rowe), it doesn't discriminate - I'm in my 40s. Hopefully it's been picked up early enough to require only surgery because chemo is a b1tch (as those that have endured it will attest).

Good to see us all with a clean bill of health now and in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: