Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To the bitter end!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:41 pm
Post subject: To the bitter end!Reply with quote

By 1944 every german general knew that the war was lost , but germany fought to the absolute bitter end.
The same situation is occuring at Collingwood.
We need to win 10 of our next 14 games to make it to the finals minimum, and it maybe we need 11 wins out of 14.
We will need a miracle for this to happen.
Again I will say what is the point of continually going down this path.
What do we gain by not changing direction?
This post is not about whether Bux can coach, it is about the pointless path of continuing in the same direction.
Like Germany what do we gain by not changing the coach???
Hitler famously said that Germany didn't deserve to win because they weren't good enough ( my interpretation )
What is the point of playing out the year with a coach who is going to lose again.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Let alone the Japanese who fought to the last man on island after island and only surrendered after two atomic events!
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:43 am

We had our two 'atomic' events, Carlton and Essendon
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:02 am

I actually agree with you Thompsoc. War is a good analogy. Germany lost the war because they had no strategic plan for winning the war. They were great tactically and won many battles, but ultimately they lost because they had no strategic plan, other than take everybody on and rely on their Aryan superiority to win the war.

Malthouse won a premiership with Collingwood because he had a strategic plan which he worked towards and never lost sight of. He knew how to build a side to meet his strategic plan and always kept to his structures in the team. 2010 was ultimately everything fitting together in the jigsaw puzzle with Jolly, Ball and Leigh Brown the last 3 pieces of the puzzle.

I think Buckley is a great tactical coach. He is a role model and highly articulate at explaining the game. His failing is in not having a clearly defined strategic plan which best fits his side. Our structures alter week by week, depending on who's in form or out of form, players come and go each year depending on the success of the game plan of the premiership team, which we go out and copy. Lastly I agree with the basic premise of Pelchen that he is not fully invested in the youth at the club and so seeks to top up with experienced players through free agency.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 am

Talkin bitter end --if it aint apparent now we have our heads firmly up our ars"%'e
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:11 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I actually agree with you Thompsoc. War is a good analogy. Germany lost the war because they had no strategic plan for winning the war. They were great tactically and won many battles, but ultimately they lost because they had no strategic plan, other than take everybody on and rely on their Aryan superiority to win the war.

Malthouse won a premiership with Collingwood because he had a strategic plan which he worked towards and never lost sight of. He knew how to build a side to meet his strategic plan and always kept to his structures in the team. 2010 was ultimately everything fitting together in the jigsaw puzzle with Jolly, Ball and Leigh Brown the last 3 pieces of the puzzle.

I think Buckley is a great tactical coach. He is a role model and highly articulate at explaining the game. His failing is in not having a clearly defined strategic plan which best fits his side. Our structures alter week by week, depending on who's in form or out of form, players come and go each year depending on the success of the game plan of the premiership team, which we go out and copy. Lastly I agree with the basic premise of Pelchen that he is not fully invested in the youth at the club and so seeks to top up with experienced players through free agency.

Sone very good points here.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Things do turn around quickly in footy, we can turn this around, and have a much better second half of the season. We must start with the piss and poo next game, this is the Mother of all Line in the sand games, we must treat it like a Final, go in hard with no letup, no mercy on the bastards, we have not beaten them in five long years,we owe the creeps hugely. Pick a fast team, run old Gibson and old Burgoyne, Hodge around, pick kids like Daicos, bring in Schrenberg, finally, and Kirby too. Time for flair and innovation, we have to show improvements in the second half of the season, the whole club,coach and players.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:23 pm

We'll win the next 6 games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: