Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Giants down Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You are insulting professional sportspeople by continually rabbiting on about the impact of a coach on players and results of sporting contests.

The professional sportspeople are the ones making the shot, kicking the goal, hitting the ball, etc. The professional sportspeople are the ones executing the skills, that have the talent, that have the brains to come up with the strategy to defeat their opponent/(s), that have the will to win, etc not the coach. It is the old adage, a horse trainer is only as good as the cattle in their stable.

I am not saying the coach does not have a role to play, but people on this forum overstate the impact of a coach on a player and on the result of a game in a way that is absolutely and utterly beyond belief.

Nice list of coaches there, they can all coach. However, Shane Warne asks that you speak to him about John Buchanan and his value as a coach.

Professional sportspeople know their game and know their sport. They don't need a coach to baby them. A coach is there to assist the professional sportsperson by providing them with the information about what their opposition will try and do and the strategy to counter the opposition. It is and will be for all of eternity in the hands of the professional sportsperson to execute on game day. The result of the contest is in their hands.

By the way, how did Mr Malthouse go at Carlton? He was rubbish. So, maybe the Collingwood players that were on the list when Mr Malthouse coached had just a tiny bit more of an influence than you give them credit for and his coaching had less of an impact than you give him credit for.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:09 am

And this will continue to be a pointless discussion about counterfactuals until a new coach is appointed.
ilovenathanbuckley 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 am

mooretreloar wrote:
You are insulting professional sportspeople by continually rabbiting on about the impact of a coach on players and results of sporting contests.

The professional sportspeople are the ones making the shot, kicking the goal, hitting the ball, etc. The professional sportspeople are the ones executing the skills, that have the talent, that have the brains to come up with the strategy to defeat their opponent/(s), that have the will to win, etc not the coach. It is the old adage, a horse trainer is only as good as the cattle in their stable.

I am not saying the coach does not have a role to play, but people on this forum overstate the impact of a coach on a player and on the result of a game in a way that is absolutely and utterly beyond belief.

Nice list of coaches there, they can all coach. However, Shane Warne asks that

you speak to him about John Buchanan and his value as a coach.

Professional sportspeople know their game and know their sport. They don't need a coach to baby them. A coach is there to assist the professional sportsperson by providing them with the information about what their opposition will try and do and the strategy to counter the opposition. It is and will be for all of eternity in the hands of the professional sportsperson to execute on game day. The result of the contest is in their hands.

By the way, how did Mr Malthouse go at Carlton? He was rubbish. So, maybe the Collingwood players that were on the list when Mr Malthouse coached had just a tiny bit more of an influence than you give them credit for and his coaching had less of an impact than you give him credit for.

mooretreloar, stick to analysing the game, your not to bad at it.But please Stop talking about the influence of a coach on young men. Especially in team sport because you clearly have No idea what your talking about.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 am

ilovenathanbuckley wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Nice list of coaches there, they can all coach. However, Shane Warne asks that

you speak to him about John Buchanan and his value as a coach.

mooretreloar, stick to analysing the game, your not to bad at it.But please Stop talking about the influence of a coach on young men. Especially in team sport because you clearly have No idea what your talking about.

Unfortunately, the ones that don't know what they are talking about are the ones that overrate the influence of a coach on a professional sports person in a team or individual sport.

I suggest that you all stick to posting about what you do best, which is bagging Buckley, and avoid topics, which you have no credentials to comment on.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 am

I suggest you all start listening to TheSandman.

Sandman says " Buckley will be here for a long time "

Sandman says " The start to this season is not a crime "

Sandman says " Magical things are about to begin "

Sandman says " Everbody will soon start to grin, coz side by side we are about to go on the greatest of rides "

The Sandman says :

" For Goliath would beat the Magpies (David). It was written, it was forseen. No structure, gameplan, coach, player or any individual would have changed the Outcome of that game. It happened because it will be all part of the unfolding story at hand. For Magic can not occur if you are already in a 'good place'. Magic likes to PREVAIL 'against all odds'. Magic likes to make believers of innocent children and angry men. Magic likes to burn out of control. There is something happening behind the scenes as we speak. "

The Sandmans last messege :

" People will be suprised, for a twickeling flame will grow to become a BLAZING INFERNO "

Last edited by Number 35 on Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 pm

I am the Sandman, I am the maker of dreams. I Invision them, and they happen! I have Magical ability. I am crazy to many and carefully watched by few. I am judged too early, And gone from reach by the time my messege comes true! So back to where I reside either Neverland or the Moon...

PREVAIL
prɪˈveɪl/Submit
verb
prove more powerful or superior.
"it is hard for logic ( tactical ) to prevail over emotion ( Magical )"

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Don't do drugs children.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:06 pm

@ SWOOP42

I hope you are at the Pre-Game presentation. COLLINGWOOD v hawks

Why dont you pop over to WarrenerraW's thread and try some Japanese Haiku??

If my mind is so gone...
You should easily be able to produce some better ryhming Haiku than I did!

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:45 pm

mooretreloar wrote:

Honestly dude have a bex and a good lie down. Yep Barrassi was a crap coach because of his stint at Sydney. Hafey was a dud cause of the three years at Geelong. Wayne Bennett has no idea cause of his time at Newcastle. Norm Smith is trash cause of his time at South Melbourne. Bill Belichick has no idea because he was laughed out of Cleveland. Some people got the magic and most people don't. Pure and simple. Maybe a change of scenary is what your beloved one needs to become the great coach you seem to think he is
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Refer to my last post KM. I have nothing else to add, except to re-iterate that you should take the advice that is contained in the last sentence of this post.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Surely you aren't suggesting the role of the coach of the Aussie cricket team is similar to the role of an AFL coach.
They are chalk and cheese
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Seeing what happened at the GWS/Tigers game today... I feel a little better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17   

Jump to: