Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Giants down Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shattered but we gave it all we had and I'm proud with the way we played. Hopefully we can build on that performance against Hawthorn. Our structures were all wrong today but I was happy with the performances of Aish, Schade and Blair. Wells was disappointing today. I hope people understand Wells would have made no difference against Carlton. De Goey was fantastic. For once I don't regret the decision to recruit him ahead of Wright. We need to find another forward to support Moore. Reid needs to go back down back. We also need a bit more pace through the midfield. Treloar should solve that.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:34 pm

I know people hate you complaining about the umpires but they definitely cost us the game in the end.I saw at least 2 or 3 times our players were held off the ball in front of goal in the third quarter alone,then they gift Mummify with the softest of 50 metres and a goal in the same quarter.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:34 pm

If Sydney wins tomorrow, we'll likely be 17th by the end of the round. ****!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:35 pm

So close but no cigar, heartbreaking loss, we cannot take a trick. Guess it was a helluva lot better than last week, but still very disappointing, in a very forgettable season.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Same old shit

Bring in Cox for Moore, he might at least kick straight and have a positive impact

I know everyone loves Darcy, but 0.2 from your key forward is pathetic, blame the midfielders for missing running goals but happy to ignore easy missec shots by forwards? Imagine if our former CHF kicked 0.2 in a game...

How many goals did Clokey kick last year against GWS? 😆
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:36 pm

So bitter. F... de goey owes this club. If he kicks that goal , or handballs to someone who f...ing can kick we win. That simple. What we can't overcome is 3 shit decisions in the last 5 minutes. Reid's arms chopped, Wells hit high, and then some bullshit gws free kick, of course. Daicos for Fasolo, Sharenberg for Schade, Varcoe for Blair, Trelor for Aish. No further changes. Someone here needs to admit tactics/team set up was perfect. We are f...ing playing Frankenstein's monster, and de goey kicks that goal .., I am so f.... bitter
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
So bitter. F... de goey owes this club. If he kicks that goal , or handballs to someone who f...ing can kick we win. That simple. What we can't overcome is 3 shit decisions in the last 5 minutes. Reid's arms chopped, Wells hit high, and then some bullshit gws free kick, of course. Daicos for Fasolo, Sharenberg for Schade, Varcoe for Blair, Trelor for Aish. No further changes. Someone here needs to admit tactics/team set up was perfect. We are f...ing playing Frankenstein's monster, and de goey kicks that goal .., I am so f.... bitter

Agree with you Pete 70. I thought the GWS got the better of the umpiring decisions. A free kick for that front on high contact to Wells could have seen a win for us.
Ahh well, we fought it right out and as you say, in theory, we should've had little chance against the talent that's been handed to GWS.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 pm

^ the points really don't matter as we are not contenders this year and we might as well have the draft pick. What matters is to get rid of the 5% error rate of this team. The killing misses by Degoey and Blair, the underground handpasses of Maynard, the misses from 15m out (from AFL professionals!). If we can excise those, we are a top 8 side, but until we do that, we're bottom 4.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:42 pm

mudlark wrote:
How the F@*+%^ing hell could they EVER contemplate picking Blair again. What a moron. The game was ours. He went in low and gave the game away. add that to his falcon and umpteen slips and fall overs and that's it for me.Yeah he kicked 2 goals but he gave a few back to square that away.

Exactly.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I know people hate you complaining about the umpires but they definitely cost us the game in the end.I saw at least 2 or 3 times our players were held off the ball in front of goal in the third quarter alone,then they gift Mummify with the softest of 50 metres and a goal in the same quarter.

I thought the umpiring was OK.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:44 pm

thompsoc wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

I thought it was disgraceful especially in the latter stages of the third quarter.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Amazing isn't it; we still cannot gauge where we are as a team, despite lingering down the bowels of the ladder.
We gave the 2016 premiers a scare, just beat the Pink Duck runners up, beat Geelong, who rouned out the top 4, and almost rolled GWS, who should have won the 2016 premiership.

And yet... we lose to shit-kicker teams like carlton, Essendon, and Bitchmond.

Such a lost opportunity today, with so many players still playing dumb football. Good to see the maggots step up in last quarter when GWS lost a few players, that was mighty sporting of the c*nts....

No wonder everybody on this forum is close to losing their f*cking minds...

Last edited by piedys on Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:46 pm

thompsoc wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Pigs arse, the yellow £$%$er maggots are never ok to Collingwood, we aint the ump loving bulldogs. Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm

2 major points
First...we have a very good midfield and a crap forwardline and backline.
Second...The skill level of a number of players is below standard.
In a very competitive system the flaws of a weak back and forward line coupled with poor skills will kill you.
And you cannot realistically expect the midfield to carry you through to the finals.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Skill level really dropped off in Q4. Tiredness no doubt. Guys stopped running, tired turnovers (Maynard and others). Maybe the last 3 weeks is still taking its toll. GWS ran out Q4 better for mine even though down 2 and Coniglio late.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17   

Jump to: