Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PiesFan wrote:
Great win - especially pleasing to see us take risks and move the ball well through the guts.

Was it just me or did Selwood have some choice words to Pendles right at the end of the game? Pendles looked like he took the high road and extended a handshake anyway.

Yeah seen that as well.

What a douche bag Selwood is...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Big Difference when the Big 3 Treloar,Adams and Pendles all play well
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:29 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Can we back it up next week against Carlton?That's the big question.

This is true, keep up the intensity and be clean and bring those second efforts lads. Very happy with today watch it with my 80 year old Dad he was wrapped. Singing the club song with him is a delight. Grundy , Crisp and Pendlebury were great. Wells also very clean and precise. Moore took some big steps today.

www.facebook/the hybernators
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:29 pm

You've got to ask why we just about always save our best football for Geelong and how it can take till round 6 to play the way we supposedly train for (Pendles words).

Like a poster on bigfooty mentioned today we finally got a lot right, Dunn was in the side when he was needed weeks back, Adams was back in the guts and not up forward like Anzac Day, Moore was allowed to roam up and back and we finally looked to play a faster and more direct brand.

We still over used the handball at times and were still inefficient up forward with a number of opportunities not even converted into shots on goal but our overlap was better and our forward line more open probably as a result of not pushing up as high as often.

A big step in the right direction but we need to build upon it and anything less than 3 wins out of the next 4 games is not acceptable if we want to keep the hope of finals alive.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:36 pm

What an enjoyable afternoon watching it from the Ponsford stand.

Rode my old bike down there
Left home late & got in with 10 minutes to spare.
Great game & Bucks's great record against them continues.

Great games by Smithy, WHE, and Maynard: if only Maynard could convert his kicking for goal better than he does.

Cox straightens us up & gives others the chopout. He also has a good record v Geelong and is a very good tap ruckman. Pendles did much better but had two poor turnovers through poor choices; still has me worried.

Grundy twice tapped defensively straight to them to collect the ball from the centre bounce resulting in at least one possibly two goals: not smart ruck work, however his game was pretty good generally speaking though he needs remember he's a ruckman not a bloody rover Wink

Go pies

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:36 pm

If Wells can stay fit then he's going to be a very good player if his last 2 games are any guide.

He's a different player to Swan but he opens up the field and gets the ball moving forward with energy like him.

I'm not as big a fan of Varcoe as others but his first 2 1/2 quarters were his best for the club.

Sadly the hamstring is a problem again.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:37 pm

swoop42 wrote:
You've got to ask why we just about always save our best football for Geelong and how it can take till round 6 to play the way we supposedly train for (Pendles words).

Like a poster on bigfooty mentioned today we finally got a lot right, Dunn was in the side when he was needed weeks back, Adams was back in the guts and not up forward like Anzac Day, Moore was allowed to roam up and back and we finally looked to play a faster and more direct brand.

It's difficult to say. Bucks has been calling for more run and direct ball movement all year, but we've not seen it over a full game till today.

Either it's confidence or the opposition. Their job is to prevent us playing the way we'd like, maybe they've just been more successful than the Cats were.

I'd also say that we fielded our best team of the year today. Elliott and Wells were more competitive with a week or two under their belts. Our defensive and ball winning efforts were similar to other games, it was our ball movement and goal conversion that improved.

Still, I wouldn't overestimate the improvement. It's quite easy to see how we could have performed the way we did today against every other team we've played, the finishing was just not quite there. It's not like we've been miles off it. Today it all came together and we showed how good we can be.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:40 pm

swoop42 wrote:

We still over used the handball at times and were still inefficient up forward with a number of opportunities not even converted into shots on goal but our overlap was better and our forward line more open probably as a result of not pushing up as high as often.

A big step in the right direction but we need to build upon it and anything less than 3 wins out of the next 4 games is not acceptable if we want to keep the hope of finals alive.

Dunn was important & ought to have been in the team earlier.

Then again I'm an Associate Professor of Hindsight.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Congratulations to Bucks, the coaching panel & the players. Go pies
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Great win, just need to repeat that next week. Glad the handbaggers kicked 3 behinds in a row, when the scumpires ignored ladyboy's blatant pushes in the back, suspect we might have capitulated if they made those goals. Cox and Moore dropped several easy marks they should have taken, but Moore was much better than he had been. Varcoe for JDG, Cox needs to go but White is no better. Must crush the Scum!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:46 pm

bally12 wrote:
Wow that was aesome to watch. That's the Pies we want to see. Took the game on, backed themselves, and played instinctively. The feeling I had for most of the match went from seeing how much we could stretch the margin before the game was safe, to actually thinking we could blow the Cats away in the last. You could sense the players were thinking the same as their confidence started growing.

How obvious was it in the last quarter when the umps decided to come off the bench with the hoops on. Not that we weren't expecting it. Nice try anyway.

Some comments on players that I thought stood out:

Smith, Dunne, Howe - very solid. The backline looked much more organised.
Maynard - this kid is coming along nicely. His kicking is improving, and his tenacity at the contest is awesome.
Wells - smooth mover with an extra gear, good decision maker, sublime skills. We are blessed to have him in our stripes.
Crisp - thought he was great today, both inside and out.
Grundy - was great all day, and at his best he's like an extra midfielder.
Fasolo - nailed a couple of beauties, but would love him to be able to compete better one-on-one against his defender, especially with the ground balls.
Moore - much much better. Had a lot of energy, worked hard all day, and looked dangerous. Laced out Cox with a becautiful 40m pass into the pocket that Cox muffed.
WHE - nice skills, similar to Fas in that he could be better in the contest.
Pendles - welcome back. Was awesome for us today.
Varcoe - streaming through the centre is a sight to behold. Love this guy.

Come on Pies. Let's build on this. The team has enough talent to scare anyone.

Great post - so many positive posts! It's so nice to come home as winnersfor a change! And I really really hate. Those $$%^%%$ ducking scumbag cats! So so good! At the end you'd have thought we had won a final, so happy to be at the G today, been. Some miserable trudges home lately! Let's just enjoy it for a few days!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Crazy, people calling on Cox to be dropped. He did the job required.

I've been saying all along that given where we were at when the players returned from their break in November, we are tracking about where I would have expected. It was always going to be a slow start to the season. I am expecting us to get better and better as the season progresses. Geelong is our kick start to the season. We may still may not make finals, but at least we aren't the great pretenders that Richmond are.

I'm assuming that Varcoe has done a hammy. Not surprising given the effort he put in the first half. Not a problem. JDG takes his place next week.

Dunny was fantastic today. We need his leadership in the side. I'm assuming Reid returns next week and I'm hoping we can accommodate all three defenders.

Our forward line functioned much better today. Cox has to be persisted with. He makes Moore look much better in the side. Broomhead finally justified his selection in the team today. He is the crumber we need. Fasolo and Elliot have never played much footy together and we just need to be patient with them.

God help us when Pendles retires. It was bad enough when Swanny played his last game last year. Wasn't WHE good today? He plays all over the field plugging holes. To those knocking Smith, he was fantastic today. Ramsay will be back. He would have loved being out there today. If you drop every player who gets beaten by a better opponent you would end up with half a team.

We have better depth this year. If one misses out another will take his place. Bring on Carlton.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Am in Greece and just watched high lites ---once again Levi kept that oxygen thief quite

Who was that mongrel who ran 15 meters to jump into Greenwood

Some of Wells work super silk like running bouncing then putting Sherrin right where
unguarded Darc was

Hope we flog the Carlton low liffe scum

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Two of the most pleasing performances aside from the obvious today:

Crisp: back to his best, winning the hard ball and providing plenty of run.

Maynard: good at the contest, great run from defence and his boot is becoming damaging, always had the depth now is starting to hit more targets - even kicking a quality goal. Like this player very much.

We looked a tough team today, but we have most of the year. With the ball though we looked quick, creative and dynamic. That's not something we've seen over 4 quarters all year. It's only one game but the hope is that now the penny has dropped and this can become more the norm not a one off.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm not sure what to make of Mason Cox.

Had a couple of good moments but his inability to hold on to his marks at present is letting him and the side down.

Showed his lack of game awareness today and cost us a couple of goals, firstly by not using his big frame to shepherd the ball through at the start of the 3rd and his hilarious mark and play on close to goal.

I don't mind persisting with him in the hope the marking improves but with Dunn playing well today and presumably Reid to return I wonder whether he fits.

Not sure if we'll go with Moore in the ruck or not and that choice has the major bearing on the decision.

I wonder if we'll look to play Reid forward again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13   

Jump to: