Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
mosig wrote:
The two mostly pleasing things for me today:

1. While our pressure was still good, it felt a lot more sustainable than the 100+ tackles method that got us over the line against the Swans. We actually seemed to have a pretty good team defence happening, making Geebung play slowly on many occasions.

2. The team wasn't so quick to all rush forward and expose ourselves to the quick break the other way. This actually helps us massively and I really hope this is how they are being coached to play. While it helps our defensive structure, the biggest benefit is to our attack - it keeps the front half of the ground relatively uncongested which helps Darcy, Fas & Elliot massively.

(2) was huge. Nothing I hate more than the easy counter attack goals where free players just waltz into goal. It's just not footy. Really only saw one of those today which is a definite improvement.

re your comment about modern footy - I emailed Gil McLachlan a few weeks back to register my concern that the game is becoming LIttle League scrums, followed by rugby league dashes into the empty half of the field but without an offside rule.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Apparently Wills played an excellent game
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 pm

I think Reid is in serious decline and may only one year left in him. leave him in defence where he is most comfortable and plays his best football.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Damien wrote:
This shows what we are capable of. We've done ourselves a dis-service by not playing this type of footy in the first five rounds, which will make it hard to make finals. We can be a force now and anything is possible. Kick straight and it's even scarier. Look out.

You don't just turn the tap on and the talent pours out. Adelaide played great footy in the second half of last season and they have continued that form this season. We on the other hand are essentially a new team this season. It takes time for the team to gel together. Really not unexpected us losing to Richmond, Essendon and St Kilda. The second half of this season will tell us where we are at as a football side.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I wonder if we'll look to play Reid forward again?

Reid says he won't be playing forward - though that was before he was swung there against Essendon Very Happy.

I've been concerned about Reid all year. He's been pretty shaky in defence and made a number of errors by foot. I don't think he'd be great up forward, has lost some pace and running ability. But if he has the fitness for the role we should look at it. Dunn as a defender and Reid as a forward is surely better than Reid in defence and White/Cox up forward.

It does provide the extra dilemma of whether we want to play Moore as second ruck. He's looked very good in that role when given the chance and I think it might be time to bite the bullet. Grundy rucks most of the game anyway.

Good call Swoop. Reid has never been a gazelle but he has been very slow across the ground this year. Hope he is cherry ripe and has a bit more zest next week.

Yeah I to think Reid isn't in great form and looks to have slowed.

Not convinced he'll make it as a forward but potentially a better option and not against trialing it again.

Dunn still has some miles left in those legs and great depth with his kicking and I liked his performance today so want him retained.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:27 pm

dalyc wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Great win. Last quarter nerves. Next week Out Cox & Varcoe??? In Reid & DeGoey

I wouldn't drop Cox. Yes, probably the worst clanger I've seen in a long time but he kicked 1 (?2), freed Moore up, and rucked well.

Totally agree. I thought he played his role sell today.

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:30 pm

dalyc wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Great win. Last quarter nerves. Next week Out Cox & Varcoe??? In Reid & DeGoey

I wouldn't drop Cox. Yes, probably the worst clanger I've seen in a long time but he kicked 1 (?2), freed Moore up, and rucked well.

It is either Cox or White
It has to be Cox

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:36 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Am in Greece and just watched high lites ---once again Levi kept that oxygen thief quite

Who was that mongrel who ran 15 meters to jump into Greenwood

Some of Wells work super silk like running bouncing then putting Sherrin right where
unguarded Darc was

Hope we flog the Carlton low liffe scum

I believe it was the guy that did his hammy!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 pm

^^It was Cockatoo.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 pm

Parfitt was the player who injured his hamstring.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:47 pm

What do you think Selwood and Pendles were saying at the final siren? Looked like Joel was cutting up rough...
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:49 pm

swoop42 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Am in Greece and just watched high lites ---once again Levi kept that oxygen thief quite

Who was that mongrel who ran 15 meters to jump into Greenwood

Some of Wells work super silk like running bouncing then putting Sherrin right where
unguarded Darc was

Hope we flog the Carlton low liffe scum

I believe if was the guy that did his hammy!

Wasn't it Cockatoo?

They all look the same to you don't they Rudie. Wink

Parfitt was the player who injured his hamstring.

And Cockatoo who ran into Greenwood.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I wonder if we'll look to play Reid forward again?

Reid says he won't be playing forward - though that was before he was swung there against Essendon Very Happy.

I've been concerned about Reid all year. He's been pretty shaky in defence and made a number of errors by foot. I don't think he'd be great up forward, has lost some pace and running ability. But if he has the fitness for the role we should look at it. Dunn as a defender and Reid as a forward is surely better than Reid in defence and White/Cox up forward.

It does provide the extra dilemma of whether we want to play Moore as second ruck. He's looked very good in that role when given the chance and I think it might be time to bite the bullet. Grundy rucks most of the game anyway.

I think Reid is in serious decline and may only one year left in him. FFS, leave him in defence where he is most comfortable and plays his best football.

I can't be arsed going back to look through the tallies, but I am pretty sure Reid earned quite a lot of Gb medal votes in several recent games. I reckon he's still ok. A yard slower, maybe, but the experience is very valuable.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Apparently Wills played an excellent game

I saw the second half & thought he was good but not excellent.

Get excited about Sam McLarty, Kayle Kirby & Callum Brown though

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Haven't had a chance to read the thread, so apologies if I rehash anything that has been posted.

Excellent result. An improvement on the prior few games, but we can still get better, which is a big positive.

Our skill execution and decision making was the best of the season over four quarters. However, we left a number of goals out on the ground, from poor skill execution and decision making with respect to the last kick inside 50.

It was great to see the players rewarded for their hard work in the third quarter by finally kicking reasonably straight, 6.3, which is very good for us. However, 15.17 for the game is not ideal, as we left the door slightly ajar for the Cats. I am waiting for a game where we kick 25.7 from 32 shots.

Great to see Pendles bounce back to his best. Greenwood's job on Selwood was sensational. Adams was great. Our backline was very good, as it has been all year. Given Dunn's game, I think he should stay in and we swing Reid forward to give Moore some more support. Speaking of Moore, he gave a glimpse today of how good a player is going to be. Don't expect that output every week at this stage of his career, but he is going to be a superstar of the comp in a couple of seasons time.

The best part of today was that we did not have any passengers and if this happens you are going to win most times.

Buckley's coaching was excellent today. His constant rotation of the midfielders through the centre and across half back was superb, given we were coming off a 5 day break. He continually rotated players in these positions to ensure we had fresh players to ensure we were able to run out the game. Hoskin-Elliott to half back in the 2nd half was also a very good move. Despite the protests of a lot of posters on this site, he has actually coached very well in 2017 and it was good to see the players provide him with some reward today.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: