Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies crush Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As Confusious say
The journey start with a single step

Oh Chinese master did we take it today

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Greenwood easily best for mine, shut duckwood right out of the game, what a fantastic win

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Those 2 decisions in favour of Hawkins in the last quarter were disgraceful. Without those, we win by 8 goals.

The prick pushed us in the back at least 5 times today!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:01 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Two of the most pleasing performances aside from the obvious today:

Crisp: back to his best, winning the hard ball and providing plenty of run.

Maynard: good at the contest, great run from defence and his boot is becoming damaging, always had the depth now is starting to hit more targets - even kicking a quality goal. Like this player very much.

We looked a tough team today, but we have most of the year. With the ball though we looked quick, creative and dynamic. That's not something we've seen over 4 quarters all year. It's only one game but the hope is that now the penny has dropped and this can become more the norm not a one off.

Crisp always takes a while to hit peak form but his last 2 weeks have been good and back to the player we've come to expect.

While the progression has been a little slow it's occurring and Maynard is finally starting to get reward for his efforts which are always hard at the footy.

I've liked his potential since I read his bio pre draft.

MaynHARD.

Last edited by swoop42 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

Varcoe went off and skyped mate to chat bout game

He said not serious but i had a thought just to make double sure rest (manage) him
and give DeGoey a run

AN_Inkling 

swoop42 wrote:

I wonder if we'll look to play Reid forward again?

Reid says he won't be playing forward - though that was before he was swung there against Essendon Very Happy.

I've been concerned about Reid all year. He's been pretty shaky in defence and made a number of errors by foot. I don't think he'd be great up forward, has lost some pace and running ability. But if he has the fitness for the role we should look at it. Dunn as a defender and Reid as a forward is surely better than Reid in defence and White/Cox up forward.

It does provide the extra dilemma of whether we want to play Moore as second ruck. He's looked very good in that role when given the chance and I think it might be time to bite the bullet. Grundy rucks most of the game anyway.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:03 pm

This shows what we are capable of. We've done ourselves a dis-service by not playing this type of footy in the first five rounds, which will make it hard to make finals. We can be a force now and anything is possible. Kick straight and it's even scarier. Look out.
inxs88 

mgh3536 wrote:
really good win, but please pies bury teams when we get the chance:

out: Cox, Varcoe (inj), Fassolo, Schade
in: Reid, DeGoey, White, Kirby(maybe offers more than bloody show pony Fassolo),

After a miserable 2.5 quarters I nearly vomited when Fasolo celebrated a goal by "running to the smokers stand with 1 hand up to his ear gesturing Shane Woewodin style"

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Damn I enjoyed that, at least what i watched. Son arrived early for dinner and i was chasing a 15 month old bulldozer round the house while trying to cook dinner and watch the game. Confused

Hopefully that's the game that sets the season up. Our defence and midfield have been good all year, just our forward 50 entries and goal kicking let us down.

Much improved, and on a 5 day break.

Great stuff, we should be in the black for W/L before the bye.

Very Happy

mosig 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:05 pm

The two mostly pleasing things for me today:

1. While our pressure was still good, it felt a lot more sustainable than the 100+ tackles method that got us over the line against the Swans. We actually seemed to have a pretty good team defence happening, making Geebung play slowly on many occasions.

2. The team wasn't so quick to all rush forward and expose ourselves to the quick break the other way. This actually helps us massively and I really hope this is how they are being coached to play. While it helps our defensive structure, the biggest benefit is to our attack - it keeps the front half of the ground relatively uncongested which helps Darcy, Fas & Elliot massively.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:07 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I wonder if we'll look to play Reid forward again?

Reid says he won't be playing forward - though that was before he was swung there against Essendon Very Happy.

I've been concerned about Reid all year. He's been pretty shaky in defence and made a number of errors by foot. I don't think he'd be great up forward, has lost some pace and running ability. But if he has the fitness for the role we should look at it. Dunn as a defender and Reid as a forward is surely better than Reid in defence and White/Cox up forward.

It does provide the extra dilemma of whether we want to play Moore as second ruck. He's looked very good in that role when given the chance and I think it might be time to bite the bullet. Grundy rucks most of the game anyway.

Yeah I to think Reid isn't in great form and looks to have slowed.

Not convinced he'll make it as a forward but potentially a better option and not against trialing it again.

Dunn still has some miles left in those legs and great depth with his kicking and I liked his performance today so want him retained.

Last edited by swoop42 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Greenwood easily best for mine, shut duckwood right out of the game, what a fantastic win

You're right mate. His role should not be underestimated. It's ugly but effective. Absolutely shut the pr1vk down. Showed his lack of class too when our skipper showed his after the siren.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 pm

mosig wrote:
The two mostly pleasing things for me today:

1. While our pressure was still good, it felt a lot more sustainable than the 100+ tackles method that got us over the line against the Swans. We actually seemed to have a pretty good team defence happening, making Geebung play slowly on many occasions.

2. The team wasn't so quick to all rush forward and expose ourselves to the quick break the other way. This actually helps us massively and I really hope this is how they are being coached to play. While it helps our defensive structure, the biggest benefit is to our attack - it keeps the front half of the ground relatively uncongested which helps Darcy, Fas & Elliot massively.

(2) was huge. Nothing I hate more than the easy counter attack goals where free players just waltz into goal. It's just not footy. Really only saw one of those today which is a definite improvement.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Mugwump wrote:
What the hell just happened there, and why ?

Wrong question - What the hell happened against Richmond, StKilda and Essendon? Where was the form we showed today? And will it turn up to beat the Blue Maggots next Saturday afternoon?

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:13 pm

There were times today when I felt sorry for Bucks. Clearly he shoulders some of the blame, but some of the execution and skill errors again in the first half were simply not something that a coach can account for.

- Greenwood's game on Selwood. He's no forward, which our midfield depth has seen him being used as, but does play a focussed game as a tagger
- Thought Grundy was really good in the ruck again
- Pendles back to his best. He looked woeful last week
- That the poor umpiring didn't make a difference to the result. It was very poor today
-Wells again. Silky skills and the way he draws players in and then dishes off to the correct option is a skill that few possess and I think he does even better than our skipper. So clever
- We started to finish some of our work. Fasolo, Elliott, Moore kicked a few set shots. Makes a huge difference.

Last edited by Albert Parker on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: