Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Freedom of speech – just not on Anzac Day, thanks.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

You draw the assumption that she was sacked because of her ANZAC day tweet, when it's far more probable that her show was simply shit, in which case it would have been poor form to keep her employed.

Yeah & tell me about the jolly green giant too - as Prince Charles would say "I'm all ears" Wink

All ears but no listening, strongly founded beliefs but no critical thinking.

mate, I loves ya, but you're as predictable as a Disney plot. Wink

Laughing

Given I don't watch Disney films better make that arthouse film: alas no prediction. However, it seems projection (both cinematic & psychological) is the order of the day

"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others". (wiki)

Given I don't watch Disney films better make that arthouse film: alas no prediction However, it seems projection (both cinematic & psychological) is the order of the day

"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others". (wiki)

To sort of quote Member 7170:

"If it looks like a duck, moves like a duck, tastes like a duck (oops) then..."

Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:13 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

You draw the assumption that she was sacked because of her ANZAC day tweet, when it's far more probable that her show was simply shit, in which case it would have been poor form to keep her employed.

If it's an ABC produced show then London to a brick it's a steaming shit pile.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:46 am

Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

If it's an ABC produced show then London to a brick it's a steaming shit pile.

Evict David, you should take up a career in film and television review and criticism. Wink Razz

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Morrigu wrote:
ABC axes Yassmin Abdel-Magied's Australia Wide program

The ABC is axing the program hosted by Yassmin Abdel-Magied a month after the television presenter and activist sparked outrage over her Anzac Day comments.

Australia Wide is set to be shelved in the coming weeks as part of the national broadcaster's sweeping restructure. As well as programming changes, as many as 200 jobs are being slashed in order to reinvest $50 million a year back into regional and online content.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/abc-axes-yassmin-abdelmagieds-australia-wide-program-20170524-gwc3ot

Quite a few radio presenter and producer jobs in regional Australia have been advertised this week, which is good for rural Australia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: