Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

congrats alan shearer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:05 pm
Post subject: congrats alan shearerReply with quote

ON KICKING A RECORD BREAKING 200 GOALS....IT TOOK A GEORDIE TO DO IT, GO NEWCASTLE UNITED, GO THE TOON ARMY YOU THUCKEN BEAUTY!!!  

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for him are ya Joffa?

He's been a great player I'll give him that but all this fuss about 200 'Premiership' goals is a joke.

There's a lot of people out there who think that English football started in 1992 when the Premier League kicked off & so they accept Shearer as the 'record' goalscorer but for me I couldn't give a shit what they call it, it's goals in the top division that count over your whole career.

There's a whole heap of great players who scored a lot of goals when it was called the first division & the Jonny come lately advertising executivs who run English football now would have us all believe that they didn't exist or that their exploits mean nothing cos they weren't in the Premiership.

As far as I'm concerned Shearer hasn't broken any records he's just one of the best goalscores in English football history no more no less.

Anyway what do reckon on Newcastle next season Joffa back among the also rans like Ipswich?

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC

[This message has been edited by DIPPER (edited 24 April 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 4:01 am

DIPPER

I am most proud of newcastle united this year as no one at the start of the season predicted us to do anything, i think its about time we unleashed the wallet so to speak because we are only 2 class players away from silverware, but all in all its been a gutsy year by the toon.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:41 pm

Joffa

You're not wrong mate they've done a lot better than anyone could have expected at the start of the season.Not only have they managed to finish in the top 4 to get Champs League football but they've been probably the most attractive side in the country behind Arsenal & maybe (very grudgingly Man U).If they can get a few quid together & make a couple of smart signings then anything's possible-Robson has shown that he knows how to spend money wisely.You have to wonder how much better the season could have gone had Dyer been fit but then again I suppose you haven't suffered too badly with injury apart form him.Dyer & Bellamy can be awesome next year & LuaLua could be something special as well they all got so much pace with good dribbling ability.I dunno if the defence can hold out as well as this year though, on paper it doesn't look to good but they've done ok this year.
So all in all I'd be looking forward to next season if i was you.......now what about those other magpies?

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 3:05 am

DIPPER

Them other magpies are kicking so much arse its beautiful, mate we're on the road to september.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: