Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Atmosphere at the footy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:34 pm
Post subject: Atmosphere at the footyReply with quote

There is seriously something amiss when you're sitting in a Collingwood member area and the most noise made for the afternoon is when everyone wants a free $1 chocolate thrown at them by the ground announcer during half time.

What has happened to us?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:41 pm
Post subject: Re: Atmosphere at the footyReply with quote

King Monkey wrote:
There is seriously something amiss when you're sitting in a Collingwood member area and the most noise made for the afternoon is when everyone wants a free $1 chocolate thrown at them by the ground announcer during half time.

What has happened to us?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Welcome to the politically correct 21st century.
A polite clap is all that is needed.
No cheer squad, no rabbits in the crowd and only rabbits on the field.
We need some good ferrets i reckon.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:15 pm

King Monkey wrote:

I reckon it's the style of play we play.It puts people to sleep.There's nothing exciting about it.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:18 pm

King Monkey wrote:

2010/11 is still fresh in the minds of many and many people in the outer aren't happy with the perception of a dynasty lost.

If we lose today and the next two weeks things are going to get very ugly very quickly.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The style they are playing today is "not" playing footy
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Shove the chocolate I gave up three hours with my puppy for a this (no his name is not Buckley).

This is awful to sit though

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:41 pm

It's the soulless Buckley brand of football.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:09 pm

I hope they were halal chocolates. Now where are my kosher pork scratchings.

Maybe it is time we start boycotting home Ethihad games against these teams. I reckon 20000 more would have gone to the MCG. perhaps a crowd of 14k and the other clubs will panic and say our bottom line is being ruined.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 pm

There was no atmosphere because we are crap.

There was plenty of atmosphere there in 2010 & 2011. But then, we had a real coach back then.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Doc63 wrote:
There was no atmosphere because we are crap.

There was plenty of atmosphere there in 2010 & 2011. But then, we had a real coach back then.

When is Buckley gonna start kicking all those easy set shots?
Until he starts kicking straight we won t win many games.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:30 pm

swoop42 wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

2010/11 is still fresh in the minds of many and many people in the outer aren't happy with the perception of a dynasty lost.

If we lose today and the next two weeks things are going to get very ugly very quickly.

I think this hits the nail on the head. I think many of us, including myself, feel that we did not fight hard enough to keep our 2010/11 high standard of premiership football alive. We allowed ourselves to fall from grace far to easily. Unlike teams like Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong who have always fought to keep themselves up the top, we on the other hand did all we could to destroy ourselves and this has left a bitter taste in the mouth's of many. I for one resent our decisions since 2011, moving on the coach, certain players etc..where all these decisions necessary? Did we need to lose so many so quickly? Why did we not replace players adequately that we planned to move on? We have self imploded and many of us resent the club for that. The fans expected much more success and we were provided very little. 2 years of premiership quality football was all we got? Not enough!

MONCO: Your life.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

I think this hits the nail on the head. I think many of us, including myself, feel that we did not fight hard enough to keep our 2010/11 high standard of premiership football alive. We allowed ourselves to fall from grace far to easily. Unlike teams like Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong who have always fought to keep themselves up the top, we on the other hand did all we could to destroy ourselves and this has left a bitter taste in the mouth's of many. I for one resent our decisions since 2011, moving on the coach, certain players etc..where all these decisions necessary? Did we need to lose so many so quickly? Why did we not replace players adequately that we planned to move on? We have self imploded and many of us resent the club for that. The fans expected much more success and we were provided very little. 2 years of premiership quality football was all we got? Not enough!

Yeah this as well

It's hard to get excited

We saw probably the best Collingwood footy we've ever seen

And we dismantled it for...

Um...

You can't blame people for turning their backs, losing interest, plus the obvious that polite clapping and kiss cams are more encouraged than actual passion

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Yup
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm
Post subject: YepReply with quote

I find Bucks press conferences the most exciting thrilling part of each game! He speaks with such passion and exhilarating expression. Amazingly exciting orator. Our games are also so thrilling! These are greatest years. It's the fans who lack spark. Totally boring generation. Collingwood deserve better supporters.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:12 pm

I'd suggest its AFL footy. It's like stale chess now, more like watching soccer or hockey with the endless backwards, sidewards play. Frankly its boring, and even if you put in the effort you will still lose by under 5 goals if you are inaccurate. Its not just us, every team has their whole 18 in a quarter of the ground to defend, so its only a matter of time before we have a joe the goose. It's little league, follow the ball stuff. The internet generation will not come to this in the future, the golden age is ending.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: