Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Sidebottom & Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dalyc wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on here. And the reason I want Bucks out the door now. I don't want to find out just how good these two players when when they are in different colours.

The shit on Faz has always driven me nuts. Didak never copped the same, yet his role was similar and until the last season he averaged a tackle a match, and that was when he was protecting his balls before the match.

I like Faz but he's no Didak.
not wot I said!
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm

^ As a team we don't kick enough goals and we don't get a lot from Pendles, Treloar and Adams. Wells is a goal kicker and Sidey is on occasions (GWS this year) but not a consistent (2+) goal kicker.

He is normally a bit of a dead eye around goals. We have other players that aren't so talented that could do the grunt work on the wing (Wells, Hoskin Elliott and Phillips) and would benefit greatly from him kicking 40+ goals for us a season.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:23 pm

But we need a tAll for the future, not another mid sized player
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
No way the club will trade either of these two. I hope Sidey can play more of a forward role in future, he is good for 2 or 3 goals a game pushing forward.

He gets most of his goals running forward from the back pocket and blowing up his opponent. I think if he was stuck up forward they'd sit on him and close him down. He's not quick and he's too small to break a tag. Brilliant footballer - one of two Rolls Royces on the list - but I prefer him in the centre.

I keep saying this is all about list management and building a team and not having 22 individuals trying to find slots in the team. We have at least 10 players in the side whose best position is out the centre. That includes Sidey. But you can only play 3 at a time out of the centre and another 3 on the bench for rotations. The rest are surplus to the requirements of the team. So players like Sidey are wasting the best years of their playing careers being played out of position.
Coxie29 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Seriously, trade Sidebottom??!! Lie down take a Bex & have a rest. Come back to us when you're feeling better.

AFLCA: Steele scores perfect 10
http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-07-18/aflca-steele-scores-perfect-10.mobileapp

I'm kind of a big deal.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Silly and dumbarse thread, lock it up.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Silly and dumbarse thread, lock it up.

Make it so.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:11 am

Need to close down the AFL, too, since they're peddling similarly deluded nonsense -

"Steele Sidebottom and a first-round draft pick to Gold Coast for Tom Lynch.
- Taylor Harrison, Melbourne Vic

Matt Scharenberg and Scott Pendlebury to Adelaide in exchange for Jake Lever and the Crows' second-round selection. Steele Sidebottom and Collingwood's 2018 first-round selection to Gold Coast for Tom Lynch. - Steve Merry, Northcote Vic"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-17/youre-the-list-manager-your-dream-trades
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 am

Trading Sidebottom would be ridiculous as are the above suggestions, but I would seriously consider trading Fasolo to GCS if he has currency up there. It's not that Fasolo isn't a good player, only that he and Elliot aren't the ideal forward combination in the side. Fasolo isn't a crumber, whereas Daicos, Kirby and Brown can all crumb, while Daicos and Brown can also rotate through the midfield. The problem with Fasolo is that he doesn't have the pace as a leading forward to burn off his opponent and he can't outmark an opponent who is 6 inches taller than him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am

I don't disagree with you about Fasolo.

His particular difficulty this year is that his kicking for goal has been quite poor. Looking at his stats as a whole, he has the most scoring shots of any Collingwood player - 58 - but has kicked 29.29 (compared with his 27.15 and 26.6 in the last two seasons). Elliott, by contrast, has had 12 fewer scoring shots but has 31.15. Even Moore - whose kicking at times has been atrocious - has 24.18.

Being fair, though, Fas also has 14 goal assists. If he'd kicked, say, 40.18 to go with his 14 goal assists, I think we'd be saying he was a major plus in the forward line. We might reasonably have expected that sort of return from him - he kicked 52 goals from 73 scoring shots over 2016 and 2015, so the question the Club needs to consider is whether there's some good reason for his terrible inaccuracy this year. To put it in perspective, over his entire career, Travis Cloke has kicked 450.368 - even at that sort of a conversion rate, Fas would have had 32 goals already this season. Perhaps it's the increasingly contested style of our side's play or maybe he's suffering from being more of a marking target in a forward line with only one credible tall option but, whatever the reason, 29.29 isn't an acceptable return from a small forward.

He's frustrating but obviously has talent. He does have the deficiencies you've identified - I guess that's why he was a pick 45 in his draft year.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Trading Sidebottom would be ridiculous as are the above suggestions, but I would seriously consider trading Fasolo to GCS if he has currency up there. It's not that Fasolo isn't a good player, only that he and Elliot aren't the ideal forward combination in the side. Fasolo isn't a crumber, whereas Daicos, Kirby and Brown can all crumb, while Daicos and Brown can also rotate through the midfield. The problem with Fasolo is that he doesn't have the pace as a leading forward to burn off his opponent and he can't outmark an opponent who is 6 inches taller than him.

Trade Buddy Franklin - crazy, Boyd, Griffin, Judd, etc etc

Sometimes you got to give something up to get your structures right.

The absolute best bloke we would be looking to trade would be Ben Reid - second half of his career, injury prone with soft tissue, great trade value to a team having a crack at a flag. Problem is we need all the KPP we can get. He stays for that reason alone.

Next in line is Sidebottom who also has good trade value - is now in the latter stages of his career, and can be covered in our midfield especially if the likes of De Goey keep tracking the way they are.

I love the bloke but if we are serious about landing a big trade then get serious about what we are willing to offer in return because you could lump Fasolo, Blair, Sinclair, Oxley all together with a nice neat little bow and not even get a pick in the 100's for them. Sidebottom with Fasolo on the other hand would raise plenty of eyebrows. Especially for team thirsty for small forwards.

If we just are not willing to do so... then we have to accept that we hit the draft and roll the dice. But patience is then required while they develop and we Collingwood supporters are famously lacking in that area due to years of moderate success.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:31 am

September Zeros wrote:

The absolute best bloke we would be looking to trade would be Ben Reid - second half of his career, injury prone with soft tissue, great trade value to a team having a crack at a flag. Problem is we need all the KPP we can get. He stays for that reason alone.

Next in line is Sidebottom who also has good trade value - is now in the latter stages of his career, and can be covered in our midfield especially if the likes of De Goey keep tracking the way they are.

I love the bloke but if we are serious about landing a big trade then get serious about what we are willing to offer in return because you could lump Fasolo, Blair, Sinclair, Oxley all together with a nice neat little bow and not even get a pick in the 100's for them. Sidebottom with Fasolo on the other hand would raise plenty of eyebrows. Especially for team thirsty for small forwards.

If we just are not willing to do so... then we have to accept that we hit the draft and roll the dice. But patience is then required while they develop and we Collingwood supporters are famously lacking in that area due to years of moderate success.

All those trades you mentioned were forced onto the clubs. None of those players you would willingly trade, just as would never trade Sidebottom or Reid unless forced.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 am

September Zeros wrote:

Unfortunately some people don't appreciate that to get something real good in an area of need you'll have to give up something real good in an area of strength.

Failing that be prepared to give up a future 1st round selection and a fringe best 22 or promising young player.

Don't like that idea either then don't whinge when we land no big fish.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:56 am

Just like the club some fans arnt aware that holding on to premiership players of 7 years ago who are as good as there ever going to get and are either surplus to us or injury prone but have trade value are what makes us a laughing stock for all concerned.
Let go of the past people we need to be ruthless from now on. The signs are there for change, it needs to happen now! We need to start again, replenish our deficiencies with what trade value, TRADE VALUE we have.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:48 am

September Zeros wrote:

All those trades you mentioned were forced onto the clubs. None of those players you would willingly trade, just as would never trade Sidebottom or Reid unless forced.

That is not necessarily true. In some cases it was simply the club deciding the price tag was too high and let them go. Either way it is beside the point....the point is you can lose a key player maker and end up in a better net position.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: