Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Sidebottom & Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We all agree that the Pies have to do some creative list management to correct our:

25% backline
60% midfield
15% forwards

List Imbalance!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:22 pm

inxs88 wrote:
The post was not so much about the success of the trades more so that clubs GAVE up first round picks for players of this ilk. Sidebottom is better than most of them hence am sure 6 clubs would give up a top 12-15 pick for him. We should do it!

Oh, that may very well be his "market-value" then.
But no, would rather have him as a permanent forward once he slows down in the midfield. He is still one of our most reliable kicks at goal.
That role would have ultimately been Swan's, had he not suffered that injury in 2016.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:41 pm

yep. Let's trade fas and Sidey. to hell with it, while we're having a fire sale, let's trade grundy and Moore as well.

Young Daics and brown, they'll be retired before we make finals again, let's delist em now and save the pain.

Watch out, here comes the bath water, and baby, and highchair, changing table, boxes of formula and nappies, everything must go.

Hire Dennis Pagan as coach or lets get MM back and we can tank our way to a premiership.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:50 am

stui magpie wrote:
yep. Let's trade fas and Sidey. to hell with it, while we're having a fire sale, let's trade grundy and Moore as well.

Young Daics and brown, they'll be retired before we make finals again, let's delist em now and save the pain.

Watch out, here comes the bath water, and baby, and highchair, changing table, boxes of formula and nappies, everything must go.

Hire Dennis Pagan as coach or lets get MM back and we can tank our way to a premiership.

Lol stui not enough 'likes' on the planet for that post. Wink
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:

fairly immature assessment Stui. Fas has been ordinary, on and off now for seasons.Spat the dummy when MM put him in the back line, had about 2 or 3 memorable games ,the rest have had, this board at least, baying for his blood on a weekly basis and the main argument seems to be you can't have Both he and Elliot in the same side as we need someone front and centre when the ball spills ,but Faz is on the ground after flying,together,with Elliot and Moore.
Sidebottom runs around getting his 30+ a game ,most are either ineffective dinky kicks and the rest are straight to the opposition.I really don't think there is an argument to refute this.His tackling, to put it nicely isn't great or in real terms, is putrid and he misses more goals than he kicks unlike a decent crumbing forward who would possibly be around 65%..Yes he plays down back a lot, but shouldn't, in my book.
Arguing that Daicos ,Brown etc should go as well is a churlish attitude and typical of people here who would dare disagree with someone else's opinion.
I think it's abundantly clear that Buckley,as a caoch,is an abject failure and other clubs who have hired favourite sons ,have bitten the bullet and sacked then before the damage has become irreparable,which it hasn't quite reached with us YET,but a bottom 4 finish this year will put us another couple of years away.
I have long advocated Buckley stay, but I can no longer hold this view after watching, what I see at least is the worst season of all.
Ioannina 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 pm
Post subject: Re: Trade Sidebottom & FasoloReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
The following players should be put up for trade, delisted or are on the edge:

Trade Currency:

* Fasolo: not a clutch player despite his popularity. Surely Freo would pass on a second rd pick for him. We lost a second round draft pick for Hoskin Elliott so we need to recoup another. Too many fans are seduced by his upper level performances but outside the Richmond game in 2016, when has he really performed in "clutch game winning moments" when the "heat is on"??

* Sidebottom: superfluous to our needs. With Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe we have enough 180cm mids with flaws in their game. Steele would command a first round draft pick from a contender. 27 next year and ask yourself one thing: "is he going to get any better"? Thankyou for the service but he has become Dinky kick central in my opinion

i think you should ''trade'' and become a hawthorn fan...because surely you are not a magpie
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 pm
Post subject: Re: Trade Sidebottom & FasoloReply with quote

Ioannina wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
The following players should be put up for trade, delisted or are on the edge:

Trade Currency:

* Fasolo: not a clutch player despite his popularity. Surely Freo would pass on a second rd pick for him. We lost a second round draft pick for Hoskin Elliott so we need to recoup another. Too many fans are seduced by his upper level performances but outside the Richmond game in 2016, when has he really performed in "clutch game winning moments" when the "heat is on"??

* Sidebottom: superfluous to our needs. With Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe we have enough 180cm mids with flaws in their game. Steele would command a first round draft pick from a contender. 27 next year and ask yourself one thing: "is he going to get any better"? Thankyou for the service but he has become Dinky kick central in my opinion

i think you should ''trade'' and become a hawthorn fan...because surely you are not a magpie

Another vanilla sycophant Pie fan happy with mediocrity, satisfied with the malaise and content to meander into irrelevancy!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:14 pm

mudlark wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

fairly immature assessment Stui. Fas has been ordinary, on and off now for seasons.Spat the dummy when MM put him in the back line, had about 2 or 3 memorable games ,the rest have had, this board at least, baying for his blood on a weekly basis and the main argument seems to be you can't have Both he and Elliot in the same side as we need someone front and centre when the ball spills ,but Faz is on the ground after flying,together,with Elliot and Moore.
Sidebottom runs around getting his 30+ a game ,most are either ineffective dinky kicks and the rest are straight to the opposition.I really don't think there is an argument to refute this.His tackling, to put it nicely isn't great or in real terms, is putrid and he misses more goals than he kicks unlike a decent crumbing forward who would possibly be around 65%..Yes he plays down back a lot, but shouldn't, in my book.
Arguing that Daicos ,Brown etc should go as well is a churlish attitude and typical of people here who would dare disagree with someone else's opinion.
I think it's abundantly clear that Buckley,as a caoch,is an abject failure and other clubs who have hired favourite sons ,have bitten the bullet and sacked then before the damage has become irreparable,which it hasn't quite reached with us YET,but a bottom 4 finish this year will put us another couple of years away.
I have long advocated Buckley stay, but I can no longer hold this view after watching, what I see at least is the worst season of all.

yeah well, I either have mature onset ADD, early onset dementia or just plain DILLIGAF regarding my maturity levels. The fact that a number on this board calls for anyone's blood on a weekly basis is no actual evidence that said player can't play, it's irrelevant venting

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

yeah well, I either have mature onset ADD, early onset dementia or just plain DILLIGAF regarding my maturity levels. The fact that a number on this board calls for anyone's blood on a weekly basis is no actual evidence that said player can't play, it's irrelevant venting

I think you are being a touch sarcastic with some of the comments being made on this board and are mature enough in understanding that there are no quick fixes here in providing answers to our current predicament.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:33 pm

^

A touch sarcastic? Wink

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

A touch sarcastic? Wink

A touch tetchy I'd suggest.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:35 am

stui magpie wrote:
mudlark wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Bit embarrassed that I had to look up DILLIGAF - now that I know what it means ----- well posted

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:12 am

I for one WOULD trade Grundy, tries hard has talent but does some horrible things with the footy, swap him for a key fwd chuck in Langdon n Broomhead just to get rid of em
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:09 pm

BHPIE wrote:
I for one WOULD trade Grundy, tries hard has talent but does some horrible things with the footy, swap him for a key fwd chuck in Langdon n Broomhead just to get rid of em

FMD

Truly???

Just wow.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Absolutely,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: