Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Sidebottom & Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jpies wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:
so far people want nearly half our list traded

This. And it's ludicrous. As disappointing as yesterday was, our close losses this year have really showed how close we are to being a very good football team.

Trading Sidebottom and Pendlebury (suggested in another thread)? Both had a slightly below par match yesterday and now people are suggesting they are traded. Pendlebury, no more should need to be said. Sidey has finished top 5 in the Copeland every year since 2012. It's absolute rubbish that there is no spot for him in our midfield- all of pendles, adams, treloar, greenwood, crisp, de goey etc. were there last year and only two managed to do better. Wells is hardly a reliable replacement (if sidey were to go), and brown/daicos are young and entirely unproven.

Obviously Blair and White are playing for their careers. Keefe and Thomas... probably they are too, but it's very early days for them yet. Let's give them a couple of months.

Sier is at no risk. Club has been fairly clear that he is basically being treated as a first year draftee this year due to his age (just turned 19 a few months back). Unless he does terribly, he's not at risk of being de-listed.

A decent coach would have won all our games this year with this list, they were all ours to lose, every one of them and we lost them,

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 am

move Sidebottom on now while he as some if any currency. I've been saying it for years. he plays football like its a given right and never puts he's body on the line. he not a leaders asshole or a good example of what we need at Collingwood right now. at best he's a front and centre player in a forward pocket not a around the ground leader of men who leads by example. id keep fazolo as he'd be worth nothing. just play him in reserves along side Mayne.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 pm

I'd definitely be open to trading Sidebottom as part of acquiring a decent young tall.

Fasolo's our most dangerous forward at the moment. Has brain farts, but he is still relatively young. Worth a lot more to us than he would be on the trade table. We need to stop using him as a contested marking target going in to the 50 though.
Deserves the benefit of the doubt - he was one of our most reliable kicks last year. Should have kicked 15+ to date which would be a pretty good return. Needs to just get into the right headspace.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:52 pm

INXS I'll take your word on the 2008 new draft rankings but that's history revisited.
Currently he's not ranked in the top 50 midfielders in the comp on champion data which I think says a lot about he's true worth as a midfielder.
He rarely gets a clearance, his inside 50's numbers to advantage are near nil, he has only a average disposal effeciency rating, he doesn't impact the scoreboard anywhere near the same as the guys ranked above him and the majority of his possessions are always non contested.
In today's game you need to be very good at a least 4 aspects of being a midfielder in disposal eff, clearances, tackles, inside 50's, 1%ers, work rate & scoreboard involvement
Right now he would get a pass mark on 2 each week sometimes 3 or 4 each week then other weeks 1
That's the inconsistency he brings
Look unless we get a new coach this is really only cheap talk because Buckley rates him highly and he won't be traded or dropped.
The length of his contract and the $$$ in it would push his value down unless we would be prepared to cover a large portion of it going forward which isn't smart playing a player to play against you.
A new coach may have new ideas but right now even though I'm one of his biggest critics (from being continually frustrated by him) he's in our best 22 and will play every game unless injured or suspended
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Sidebottom's current market value would not be top 10....probably in the teens to early 20's.

Too dangerous to let him go...under the right coach who could get him in the right role he could still be a gun.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:14 pm

7 weeks later I think still has relevance, especially the Sidebottom trade! If the following players in the last 5 years have commanded first round picks:

* J. Redden: Pick 17 given to Brisbane
* S. Wellingham for Pick 18 to Pies (used on Grundy)
* L. Henderson: 1st Round pick to Cats
* J. Caddy: 1st Round pick to Gold Coast
* B. McEvoy: Pick 18 to Saints
* J. O'Rourke: Pick 19 to GWS
* J. Anderson: Pick 15 to Roos (used on Ryan Burton)
* C. Yarran: Pick 19 to Blues
* B. Deledio: future first Rd pick for Tigers

So nobody can tell me that after 8.5 seasons:

* Aged 26 years old
* 177 matches
* 135 goals
* 6 top 10's in the Best and Fairest
* durable body

There is no doubt a club would offer a top 15 pick for him. I have loved his contribution to the Pies however we have plenty of prototype players of a similar ilk!

We shall have a top 6 first round draft pick, add a top 15 pick and am sure we can load up on some key position elite talent at the Draft this year.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Oops. Too much data.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:17 pm

inxs88 wrote:
7 weeks later I think still has relevance, especially the Sidebottom trade! If the following players in the last 5 years have commanded first round picks:

* L. Henderson: 1st Round pick to Blues [not cats!]

* Aged 26 years old
* 177 matches
* 135 goals
* durable body

There is no doubt a club would offer a top 15 pick for him. I have loved his contribution to the Pies however we have plenty of prototype players of a similar ilk!

We shall have a top 6 first round draft pick, add a top 15 pick and am sure we can load up on some key position elite talent at the Draft this year.

Mate i'd argue only McEvoy was the only trade that hit pay-dirt, and perhaps Henderson and Wellingham are serviceable. The rest are borderline disasters.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 pm

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* L. Henderson: 1st Round pick to Blues [not cats!]

* Aged 26 years old
* 177 matches
* 135 goals
* durable body

Mate i'd argue only McEvoy was the only trade that hit pay-dirt, and perhaps Henderson and Wellingham are serviceable. The rest are borderline disasters.

The post was not so much about the success of the trades more so that clubs GAVE up first round picks for players of this ilk. Sidebottom is better than most of them hence am sure 6 clubs would give up a top 12-15 pick for him. We should do it!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:52 pm

If Treloar is worth 2 first round picks, Sidey is worth 4.

I think we should trade him, though - he's good enough to win a couple of Norm Smith Medals and he's plainly not going to get the chance to do that at Collingwood.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:11 am

I doubt he'll be traded or even should be but he's probably the one if forced to choose who would be the most expendable if we wanted a decent return in terms of trade.

As part of a deal for a known quantity such as Lever who fills a need on the list would be the best outcome if you were going to risk such a decision.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:11 am

Swap for Daniel Rich? Rich kicks it a mile. Turned 27 last month. Maybe a swap of first round draft picks as well (probably a swap of 1 for 3). We get Rich and Pick 1, they get Sidebottom and Pick 3.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:38 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Swap for Daniel Rich? Rich kicks it a mile. Turned 27 last month. Maybe a swap of first round draft picks as well (probably a swap of 1 for 3). We get Rich and Pick 1, they get Sidebottom and Pick 3.

Like the draft pick swap but not for Daniel "Barney Rubble" Rich

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:01 am

Not interested in Rich. Not in a trade anyway.

Obviously no player is untradeable, but I'd prefer to hold on to both atm.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:46 am

derkd wrote:
Sidebottom's current market value would not be top 10....probably in the teens to early 20's.

Too dangerous to let him go...under the right coach who could get him in the right role he could still be a gun.

This. Goes for a lot of our players in my opinion. Why not see what the players can do with a caretaker. Hell let them play without a coach, I reckon they would do better right now. At least we would know who has nous, who's worth keeping. We are not that far off, I just see too many not sure what their role is. Ask Ben Reid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: