Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL members discrimination

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:56 pm
Post subject: AFL members discriminationReply with quote

Are there any other Collingwood club support AFL members who tried to get their hands on a membership cap last night? I did and was told the caps are only available for Collingwood members. Funny, I thought that I have been a member for 20+ years and my kids for almost 10 that would count us in, but apparently not.

How greedy and mean-spirited is our club? We (AFL Collingwood club support) are treated as second class members. We're clearly acceptable enough to be counted as members, and I don't see the club holding back on their Magpie Millions lottery, raffle tickets and offers for discounted merchandise (discounted from excessively overpriced to just overpriced) emails that clutter up my inbox weekly.

I was in invited to send an email so that the poor woman behind the counter could alert the clubs executive to the issue - as if they were completely unaware. I have a better idea: next year I'll just sign up as a general AFL member and the club won't get a cent of my money.

To me it seems that side by side means the club wants my membership dollars side by side with my raffle dollars side by side with my hat dollars side by side with my merchandise dollars. Disgraceful.
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie hates AFL members even though they put more money into the club than 3 game members.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:17 pm

I enquired to the club about this about a month back and they told me exactly what you found out, that we had to pay for hats this year.

I've since contacted the AFL membership department who then sent a complaint through to Collingwood.

Eddie and Pert have always commented on how we aren't real members, but a lot of our absolute die hard fans are AFL members because it's the most cost effective way to see every Victorian based Collingwood game.

The club has forgotten their fan base here, instead of shunning a group of their most fervant fans they should actually embrace us.

How many AFL members would pay $50-75 for a special AFL members Collingwood package that included social club membership and a few extras?

The club has got this one wrong, I wear a San Antonio Spurs hat to games now (from shoulders down I'm all black and white though).
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Two afl members here and I think we are the only Collingwood members I have heard Eddie express his dislike for.
If the Club embraced us and offered a decent add on package as suggested we might be interested.

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm an MCC Member and if you pay $75 you get counted as a Collingwood member and get a hat and scarf.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Couldn't agree more. The onus should be on the club to offer a package that is either competitive with the AFL offering (the closest is the Legends package, which is about $300 more - and when I multiply that by four it is not affordable nor is it justifiable), or a moderately priced add-on would also be acceptable.

Treating us like this is not.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:21 pm

And the Glasshouse was not opened after the game just like last year , unlike when the westpac/Holden centre was open in past years pre the Glasshouse being built , after Pies Day and Twilight and Night MCG matches.

Yet it has been open for the Collingwood netball members/fans aftermatch functions after Hisense games across the road , and with cash bar operating , go figure.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:26 pm

I remember years ago Collingwood had an add on for AFL members to become social club members but tgat has disappeared. Now to not even be allowed a hat? Arent we all glad Eddie has got another 3 years at least!
MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
And the Glasshouse was not opened after the game just like last year , unlike when the westpac/Holden centre was open in past years pre the Glasshouse being built , after Pies Day and Twilight and Night MCG matches.

Yet it has been open for the Collingwood netball members/fans aftermatch functions after Hisense games across the road , and with cash bar operating , go figure.

There was a Grand Prix function last night at the Glasshouse.

The Big Group lose money there when they host Collingwood events
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:37 pm

This is a disgrace !
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm
Post subject: Re: AFL members discriminationReply with quote

35reasons wrote:
Are there any other Collingwood club support AFL members who tried to get their hands on a membership cap last night? I did and was told the caps are only available for Collingwood members. Funny, I thought that I have been a member for 20+ years and my kids for almost 10 that would count us in, but apparently not.

How greedy and mean-spirited is our club? We (AFL Collingwood club support) are treated as second class members. We're clearly acceptable enough to be counted as members, and I don't see the club holding back on their Magpie Millions lottery, raffle tickets and offers for discounted merchandise (discounted from excessively overpriced to just overpriced) emails that clutter up my inbox weekly.

I was in invited to send an email so that the poor woman behind the counter could alert the clubs executive to the issue - as if they were completely unaware. I have a better idea: next year I'll just sign up as a general AFL member and the club won't get a cent of my money.

To me it seems that side by side means the club wants my membership dollars side by side with my raffle dollars side by side with my hat dollars side by side with my merchandise dollars. Disgraceful.

Tried to get my cap and was told that no longer free for AFL members. Girl said to write to the club to complain as she was not happy about it either.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:06 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:

There was a Grand Prix function last night at the Glasshouse.

The Big Group lose money there when they host Collingwood events

So the social club was not open last night??????????
Did that include before, during or after the big game.
If so, wow, how great is that ...corporate comes before member.
Maybe someone can verify this.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:32 pm

I noticed this years ago when I couldn't place an online order for the Collingwood Forever Guernsey and get the members discount. When I called the club I was told something along the lines that AFL members aren't proper club members so no member's discount.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Sorry but i'm having a hard time feigning sympathy.

I'm a Collingwood supporter and a Collingwood member. I don't support the AFL, I support Collingwood.

If you want to buy an AFL membership rather than a Collingwood membership, for whatever reason (cheaper, better access, whatever) that's your choice but don't sook about not getting the same benefits as a Collingwood member.

yes, you may tick the box that says you're a Collingwood supporter on your AFL membership but it's not the same thing.

And 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:06 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
I remember years ago Collingwood had an add on for AFL members to become social club members but tgat has disappeared. Now to not even be allowed a hat? Arent we all glad Eddie has got another 3 years at least!

Your memory is spot on eddiesmith. Collingwood always had an add on for AFL members including social club, millennium club or club 5 over the years. Although it was pretty much a donation to the club it was great as it allowed access to a number of social events and functions but as you point out it appears to have disappeared. Which doesn't make sense other than to highlight that the CFC is full and if the AFL members are ignored then there is probably more room for the rest.

Thats OK though because when push comes to shove full AFL membership with Collingwood support pretty much guarantees a grand final seat without ballots or searching for scalped tickets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: