Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good summary. I saw it very similar.
Anyone know why Crocker didn't play ??
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:05 am

For what its worth I thought Dunn was very good today.

My other observations were

Josh Thomas - well off the pace - understandable given a two year absence - but gee needs to really improve if he wants to get off the rookie list.

McCathy - lot to like - still raw, but backed himself in the last few minutes to kick a goal from 50 out - it was touched through on the line.

Aish - Can someone tell him the season has started - needs a 200% increase in intensity before he can be even considered for the AFL side

Wills - coming on nicely and worked himself in to the game.

Oxley - Just about every handball he did looked like a brain fade - gave McLarty the epitome of a hospital handpass which could have almost ended McLartys season

Daicos - 5 ins in had the ball at 50m and I was calling for a torp, Instead he passed to JDG who goaled from the set shot. Not sure if he is ready for AFL just yet but if he keeps playing like he did today will make his debut in the next few weeks.

JDG - a class above everyone else today.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:16 am

Good summary

Agree with all your points except Oxley. He does a lot of the hard work to get the ball and then dishes off a bad handball which just put the side under more pressure. The handball to Mclarty in the second QTR changed the momentum of the game.
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:24 am

This was a hard win today. I would have thought we would win easy. But there were good signs from lots of players.
DeGoey was great
Daicos showed great poise and kicked a couple
Dunn can play but who does he make way for in the seniors
Brown also a player of the future
Scharanberg needs to play AFL. Again need to break into the seniors
Wells I would play in the reserves another game. Skills are excellent
Wills needs more game time but big body player
McLarty I like. Promising

Go Pies

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:37 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
He's way too slow to play as a backman, IMO.

I feel sorry for Mayne. He was lured to us on a massive salary, but now he's here I honestly can't see him getting a senior game. He is not a bad player, but he is not a great player. The players ahead of him for senior selection would be Wells, De Goey, Daics, Wills and Dunn. So unless there's a few injuries, being sixth in line is about where he stands. Why on earth Gabby Allan thought he was worth $500,000 a year for 3 years is beyond me? This is going to hamstrung our salary cap for the next 3 years.

IT'S ACTUALLY 4 YEARS. YIKES!

Boot 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:18 am

The club has an exciting future with the likes of Diacos and Maclaty as two young guns who have enormous promise. Their development this year will hopefully influence our recruiting targets for the next couple of years. i.e. Why would we spend a lot of salary cap on a gun midfielder and / or key backman with these two up and coming champs already at the club?
We must get Matt Scharenberg into the senior 22 aasp. He is a quality player who will only get better once in the AFL. I say drop Smith for Scharenberg now.
Daniel Wells, like Scharenberg, is above VFL standard and should be brought into the team for Phillips next week. This is harsh on Phillips who hasn't yet done too much wrong but at this stage of their careers Wells has too much skill and class to leave out of our best team.
Chris Mayne is at best a depth player that in hindsight was not a necessary acquisition and looks like being an in-necessary drain on our salary cap for the next four years. Given his good leadership I fear the best we can expect is that he captain the VFL team. Thanks Gubby!
Good to see Jordan DeGoey play well today. Should only get better for the run and be back I go the AFL side in Round 7 vs Carlton.
The great worry is how did Coburg get so close to us? I think this due to lack of capable forward line especially key position players and lack of match fitness for players like Wells, Wills and DeGoey,
Overall I'm very optimistic on the near future for Collingwood. Hopefully Crocker will be available next week to strengthen the VFL forward line.
Go Pies!

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:38 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Clemo wrote:
my TIVO failed to record the game - anyone can PM me a link to download it somehow?

The replay will go up on the Channel 7 website tomorrow. Link is in the OP...

awesome - thanks MB

The Weed 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:55 am

Tezza23 wrote:
Good summary

Agree with all your points except Oxley. He does a lot of the hard work to get the ball and then dishes off a bad handball which just put the side under more pressure. The handball to Mclarty in the second QTR changed the momentum of the game.

NFI....not Oxley, you. Was easily one of the best.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:01 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I only saw the first half on TV, but seriously, Daics is ready for senior footy. The kid is tough, fast, smart and silky. Seriously, I recall his old man suggesting that Josh had better skills than he did at the same age, and I thought he was just talking up his kid, but he may be right. Young Daics is pure silk. I guess Broomhead is keeping him out of the seniors atm, but regardless, it won't be long before Daics gets a game. The kid is an absolute gun.

Yes, he should play on Anzac Day. He clearly has everything required and is not going to reach his potential playing seconds footy.

Gees with b oath of you saying that I can't wait for him to play seniors. Be so so so good to see that name out there again too!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:03 am

And inxss88 thanks for the review, didn't realise it was on telly, bugger
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 am

Oxley just doesn't seem to fit into Buckley's plans with how we play. Honestly imo if we had a different coach he'd most likely be in our best 22, or very close.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:25 am

Thanks for the call MB.

Was watching on the mobile, and I thought Daicos just looked like he was playing on another level, not ready for AFL yet, but clearly better than VFL....of course that observation is of a sample size of one game.

I think the extra 2 games in VFL will be to JDGs benefit, he would do well to totally dominate a couple more to get his touch and confidence up

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:41 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Oxley just doesn't seem to fit into Buckley's plans with how we play. Honestly imo if we had a different coach he'd most likely be in our best 22, or very close.

Are you saying that Oxley is a better player than Dunn who also can't get a game in our best 22. And who does he get a game ahead of the following - Ramsay, Schade, Howe, Maynard, Reid or Smith?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:59 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Are you saying that Oxley is a better player than Dunn who also can't get a game in our best 22. And who does he get a game ahead of the following - Ramsay, Schade, Howe, Maynard, Reid or Smith?

Maybe, maybe not, just depends on how you look at him and the tools he brings compared to the others. He's obviously a talented player, with pros and cons. Imo, he can be quite damaging in the right set up, but as I said above.. it doesn't seem to be in Bucks make up with his plans and style. Take that how you want.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:03 am

Where do you want me to take it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: