Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 - Coburg vs Collingwood at Coburg City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

great work MagpieBat, thanks for your time and effort
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:33 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mayne while not starring my any measure was vital for the win nit sure if he can make it back on this game though at this point in time

Mayne was very good. But his kicking, both at goal and field, lacks penetration. Rarely a threat with ball in hand. His dinky pass at the end from D50 that was cut off was pretty bad. Overall though, he was always thereabouts every quarter.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Mayne while not starring by any measure was vital for the win. I'm not sure if he can make it back on this game though at this point in time

Mayne was very good. But his kicking, both at goal and field, lacks penetration. Rarely a threat with ball in hand. His dinky pass at the end from D50 that was cut off was pretty bad. Overall though, he was always thereabouts every quarter.

Fixed my spellinj errors Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
I missed most of the game, can someone enlighten me what Daicos did?, also how'd Brown go?

Daicos was very good, for a first gamer, the boy has skills. Can read the play beautifully, work through traffic like his dad and his kicking would bring a smile to a statue of Lou richards.

Was brown out there?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:42 pm

I liked the Berg game.
He is ready for AFL.
Liked the big mark by Cox in the last few minutes.
Mr Kirby needs to go to Jenny Craig.
Daicos is classy, little worried about his pace.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:45 pm

thompsoc wrote:
I liked the Berg game.
He is ready for AFL.

His old man wasn't exactly quick. When you can read the play and evade opponents like that, you don't need to be.

CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:49 pm

The general consensus would be that with so many AFL listed players we should have smashed them, however quite a few hadnt even played VFL level before and a lot of our supporters really underestimated Coburg [never underestimate your opponent]
12 [1 year out]
15 [1 year out]
17 [1st game]
23 [2 years out]
24 [2 years out]
26 [1st game]
27 [1st game]
34 [1st game]
35 [1st game]
44 [1st game]
45 [1st game]
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Doc63 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
I liked the Berg game.
He is ready for AFL.

His old man wasn't exactly quick. When you can read the play and evade opponents like that, you don't need to be.

He's much quicker than his Dad was.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:53 pm
Post subject: VFL Review: 2 Point win!Reply with quote

For those unable to see the game live or on TV today here is a "lay-man's" summary of what I witnessed. With a side that on paper had 19 AFL listed players to Coburg's none, one would have thought an easy win would have followed.

After the first quarter where we kicked 4 goals to none, such a theory wasn't looking like being contradicted. With Coburg effectively winning the last 3 quarters we were extremely lucky to hold on with last minute efforts of Scharenberg and Wells the difference.

AFL player reviews:

2. J. Degoey: 26 possessions, 3 goals and a genuine "difference" between the two sides. A tragedy (of hos own doing) that he is playing Reserves.

3. D. Wells: clean, fast, accurate and a must start for Anzac Day. A great 4 quarter hit out.

12. M. Scharenberg: excellent, self-assured and composed down in defence. Would like to see another 10 metres in his kicking but hopefully not far away from seniors.

14. J. Aish: a scrappy, non-penetrative and low metres gained game. Wonder whether his lack of pace and intensity shall be a hurdle in his quest for AFL excellence.

15. L. Dunn: best on ground with 31 possessions from Full Back and a real leader out there. A bit unlucky not to have played Seniors yet but assume Nathan doesn't want to play him and Goldsack in defence.

16. C. Mayne: slowish start but built onto the game well. 2 goals 3 behinds was an indicative performance. Wouldn't bring back in.

17. C. Brown: first time I have seen him play and was non-descript in his display. Coming off glandular fever recently, he would happy to play a full game.

23. L. Keefe: ineffective up forward and a panic merchant down back. Not much has changed for Lachie in his first game since August 2014.

24. J. Thomas: unobtrusive display although did a few nice things. Probably down the pecking order in our 2017 priorities.

26. J. Daicos: Set up day with 2 excellent first quarter goals and provided great skill and run when switched to the mid-field. A great exponent of something positive happening "every" time the ball was in his hand.

27. K. Kirby: Bucks said he was a long way off a fortnight ago. Based on today he looked Hayley's Comet away!

33. Rupert W: Typical tough and strong display from Rupert in the middle. Probably keeping Crisp on edge with his effort today and in future matches.

34. M.McCarthy: Encouraging display from this ex-USA High School basketballer from Mt Eliza. Has some X factor and showed it various times in the second half. Could be our best "developing" key position player on the list after Moore.

35. S. McLarty: excellent fist half until he got rammed by Coburg captain and bull Goodwin. Like his "non Nathan Brown" tendencies to take the game on and go for marks.

36. B. Sier: there was an Aussie golfer called Steve Elkington whom was diagnosed as allergic to "grass"! Starting to think that Sier is allergic to "football". Injured again with a head knock in second quarter.

43. A. Oxley: one of the better players in the first three quarters with his intercept marking, kicking and run. Probably a victim of depth.

44. L. Mackie: not prolific but showed some neat signs with the ball in hand and run.

45. M. Lynch: relief Ruckman to Mason but played like a "deer in the headlights" albeit his debut game.

46. Mason C: Pretty good game in Ruck with tap work, marking around the ground etc.. Like the Freo J.L.T game, Mason lacks a bit of game sense insofar as the "moment" is concerned. With less than a minute to go and 35 metres out he lays off to a boundary side rushed kick that ends up in a point. Run down the clock Mason!

VFL Listed players:

48. L. Tardrew: excellent game from this former Bendigo Bomber
50. A. Woodward: former Hawk was prolific and very good first up.
60. J. Kelly: poised and composed display from this ex-Hawk & Bulldog player who kicked the winning goal.
61. N. Gray: Captaining the side, Nick was in our best 5 players with a great display.

Did not play:

11. J. Blair: held over as an emergency for the Saints game tomorrow. Sorry Blair alumni, but could we avoid seeing Blair in both games this weekend??

Result:

2 Point win to Pies

Last edited by inxs88 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Great review thanks for that. Only caught the last quarter, de goey looked great.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
I liked the Berg game.
He is ready for AFL.

He's much quicker than his Dad was.

Luckily for him has his mothers looks also.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 pm

My mother is a norf supporter, she had a look at the VFL game today.

She's an instant Daics fan. I just copped a 5 minute lecture about his ability to do a 3 point turn. Confused

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Cox gets one from 70 (with the benefit of a 50).

He MUST come in for Anzac Day.

For whom? Or did I miss something?

Is your sarcasm detector broken, wpt?

Yes and you're constant use of it is damn well responsible. Wink

We have no bloody idea now unless it's about Sidebottom.

Sadly before to long you will surely break our blowing smoke up one's arse meter also.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks for the review, excellent work!

Didn't know it was on tv, does anyone know where I can get a replay? Tried the plus7 site and it doesn't seem to exist

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Dunn, 31 disposals from full back. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15   

Jump to: