Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Daisy Thomas just took mark of the year!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:23 pm
Post subject: Daisy Thomas just took mark of the year!!!Reply with quote

Good on him. Great to see him battling out there.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

so that's $700K for one great mark ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Better than Puopolo's ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Not mark of the year.

The midget from the hawks was better yesterday as just one example.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

well he'd just missed a goal from 15 meters out on a slight angle and the commentators (BT) were in the middle of saying "he isn't as skilled with ball in hand as he used to be at Collingwood....." and while BT is in the middle of saying that, Daisy pulls in a RIPPER!

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Hey. Fair go. He's had 2 kicks to half time today. Both good ones. Well, one was. Smile

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Was a Okay Mark nothing overly Special
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:38 pm

nice one daisy
Georgia 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:04 pm

i had a crush on him and thought he was amazing. On the family day after we won in 2010 he hugged everyone on the way to the stage. He took the longest to get on stage as he was gaving the most back to the supporters. Actually I still have a crush on him now but i can't date him while he is wearing blue. it's just not my colour. I wish people would stop talking badly about him, he is a premiership player and we don't have many.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:19 pm
Post subject: Re: Daisy Thomas just took mark of the year!!!Reply with quote

E wrote:
Good on him. Great to see him battling out there.

Howe has already taken 3 marks better than that one.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Donny wrote:
Better than Puopolo's ?
No
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:54 am

I attended the Melbourne and Carlton match and it was a good mark from Daisy.

However, I think the claims of it being a mark of the year contender are exaggerated.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:25 am

God we have some pissy, small, petty people here.
I haven't seen the mark yet, I'm watching the game now, but that just isn't the point. I've watched 12 or 13 Collingwood GFs in my time, of which we won 2. the reason? The very attitude displayed by the tiny little closed minds of far too many Collingwood 'supporters', and the subsequent behaviour of club officials.

We don't stand up, we don't WANT to win, we shit on even our greatest players if they dare play a game for another side. We expect the team to let us down, and they can't do anything but live down to our expectations. Is there even ONE person here who hasn't got half a dozen brilliant moments from the guy in question? From 2008 to 2013 he was our most spectacular player, named in 2011 as 'arguably the best player in the game' by the guy often called the best of all time, (and one of only 4 people to coach a Collingwood Premiership in a hundred years)
Bugger me, he just repeated it.
Commentating, Leigh Matthews just mentioned DTs Collingwood days when he was "One of the best in the game".
And there's the mark, just before half time. It was a fantastic mark, a one grab at full stretch over his oppo. Not the best he's taken, but certainly one of the best of the week, the kind of mark he took regularly for us when he was Collingwood's favourite player by a country mile. I remember an episode of the Collingwood TV show where they showed the players mail slots. Each player had a slot except Thomas, they had to remove 2 partitions to fit his mail in.
The one thing I saw in today's game which shocked me was all his teammates getting around him ecstatcally like he was a kid kicking his first goal. And he hadn't kicked one! I've never seen that in his time at Carlton, not once, even Rd 12 last year when he topped the Fantasy rankings for the whole league, tied with Heater Shaw.

What no one mentioned above was that after that goal from Daisy's mark at half time, Carlton played their best quarter for the year, Daisy managing 11 possies himself, and Carlton were 10 points up at one stage. If you still don't understand how big a part psychology plays in our game, and all others for that matter, you are seriously wasting your time trying to analyse or understand footy. It's not a big mystery! Look at us on Friday. Do you think the reason we missed all those shots was because we just can't kick very well? Not enough practice as kids? The wrong boots maybe?

And it doesn't start and finish with the sirens. That's what they're talking about when they talk about how important the culture at a club is. When we watch a non-Collingwood game, the ONLY players we should give a rats arse about are any ex-Magpies out there.
Oh I give up, too many of you are too wedded to failure.

Wonder if this thread will disappear too?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 am

Great post, goodonya Daisy xxx
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 pm

35forever wrote:
God we have some pissy, small, petty people here.
I haven't seen the mark yet, I'm watching the game now, but that just isn't the point. I've watched 12 or 13 Collingwood GFs in my time, of which we won 2. the reason? The very attitude displayed by the tiny little closed minds of far too many Collingwood 'supporters', and the subsequent behaviour of club officials.

We don't stand up, we don't WANT to win, we shit on even our greatest players if they dare play a game for another side. We expect the team to let us down, and they can't do anything but live down to our expectations. Is there even ONE person here who hasn't got half a dozen brilliant moments from the guy in question? From 2008 to 2013 he was our most spectacular player, named in 2011 as 'arguably the best player in the game' by the guy often called the best of all time, (and one of only 4 people to coach a Collingwood Premiership in a hundred years)
Bugger me, he just repeated it.
Commentating, Leigh Matthews just mentioned DTs Collingwood days when he was "One of the best in the game".
And there's the mark, just before half time. It was a fantastic mark, a one grab at full stretch over his oppo. Not the best he's taken, but certainly one of the best of the week, the kind of mark he took regularly for us when he was Collingwood's favourite player by a country mile. I remember an episode of the Collingwood TV show where they showed the players mail slots. Each player had a slot except Thomas, they had to remove 2 partitions to fit his mail in.
The one thing I saw in today's game which shocked me was all his teammates getting around him ecstatcally like he was a kid kicking his first goal. And he hadn't kicked one! I've never seen that in his time at Carlton, not once, even Rd 12 last year when he topped the Fantasy rankings for the whole league, tied with Heater Shaw.

What no one mentioned above was that after that goal from Daisy's mark at half time, Carlton played their best quarter for the year, Daisy managing 11 possies himself, and Carlton were 10 points up at one stage. If you still don't understand how big a part psychology plays in our game, and all others for that matter, you are seriously wasting your time trying to analyse or understand footy. It's not a big mystery! Look at us on Friday. Do you think the reason we missed all those shots was because we just can't kick very well? Not enough practice as kids? The wrong boots maybe?

And it doesn't start and finish with the sirens. That's what they're talking about when they talk about how important the culture at a club is. When we watch a non-Collingwood game, the ONLY players we should give a rats arse about are any ex-Magpies out there.
Oh I give up, too many of you are too wedded to failure.

Wonder if this thread will disappear too?

Dollar daisy left for the big cash, after leading us on a merry dance, he was even singing the scum team song, before he left, and Maxwell had to can the little shit. Hes a scum man now, the side that has inflicted pain and hell on us, hes playing for a vile vile mob, stuff him, I hope he goes kickless, thank god we are rid of him, he was injury riddled for seasons, the worst pickup the scum ever got, and they can suffer in their jocks. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: