Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A great season so far

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:34 pm
Post subject: A great season so farReply with quote

What a great season it's been so far. Newcastle on top and Man UTD shown how to play. Leeds and Liverpool doing well
Sven can see how pathetic the Neville brothers are and they will never be selected again. England can do well if the manager has the guts to drop these duds who in the past have only in the side because they play for Man Utd and not performed. Except for Euro 96 but that was more host country advantage and only one Neville.

rash 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, here Ian. There is a lot of young talent in the UK. Let's hope Sven gives them a go. Let's hope we don't see the Ugly Brothers in the squad ever again. Now Cole has moved to Blackburn, he has no chance of making the England squad which is a good thing. I would like to see Owen and Phillips up front.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 12:23 pm

Spot On Rash,
I would like to see England use a 3 man attack. So have Owen, Phillips and bring in the England under 21 captain from Blackburn Rovers. Have Fowler on the bench as a great backup for if things don't work out at a stage of the game.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:37 pm

I'm not sure about a 3 man attack as we'll get overun in midfield if we do that plus Sven likes 4-4-2 & most of the English clubs play this way.

David Dunn's a good player but he's more of an attacking midfielder & if there is a space in the squad for a young midfielder to go whoo hasn't played much for England then it should go to Joe Cole who is looking sensational in centre midfield for the Hammers.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 9:33 pm

I don't think we would be overun in the midfield if we had more in the midfield and less in the defence. And having more in the midfield is like pussing the defenders up. I think it's also time to more away from 4-4-2 for England's International team and English Premier League. I think country’s that have been successful don't use 4-4-2 very much.

Anyway just an Idea. Happy new year

Go Pies! Common England WC 2002! R.I.P George Harrison and John Lennon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: